05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Tru-Billet Products coming SOON

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/10, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for the wish list:
I would like to see a headlight switch **** that matches the A/C *****
Old 8/4/10, 01:16 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We worked on this one (the headlight) for a while now, and we can make them for the GT, but not the V6 - mostly because the V6 control breaks when you try to remove the ****. While it *can* be done without breaking it, it's not easy, and I would expect a high failure rate in the field of people trying. We actually had prototypes running at our last open house.

So, solving the installation is the problem right now, unless we just don't offer them for V6 owners, which doesn't sit well with us - so we're still kicking this around how to best handle it. I have more switches on the way for destructive testing purposes, but they haven't arrived yet.
Old 8/4/10, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

Im willing to send mine if itll help
Old 8/4/10, 04:26 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks What is needed though is a little less "one time use" assembly techniques and a little more "serviceable" components so that we can make these products a lot simpler to install.
Old 8/5/10, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

While we are on the "wish list" stuff, how about some engine caps?? Having a full set offered in other finishes like black would be great for those of us running aluminum tanks
Old 8/5/10, 12:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Doogie,

Hard to be on the "wish list" when it is on the "to do" whiteboard already

We just had a meeting, they are on the short list of to-do's, so expect them before SEMA this year, finally!

There's a couple others, but they are on the D/L for now.
Old 8/5/10, 01:46 PM
Cobra Member

AWESOME

Hopefully you are planning a complete set including radiator, PS, brake reservoir and washer... along with offering the caps separately. Unlike those over priced Project 321 caps that are only offered as kits, which is not a viable option for those of us with supercharger intercooler tanks.

Looks like my Shelby set will be hitting the classifieds very soon
Old 8/5/10, 10:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah i would like to see a new set of caps, i love the MGW stuff because it is a real cap and not a cover but they only offer the oil and coolant. I like the shelby/SD stuff but they are all covers and i do not really know the quality of just a cover.
Old 8/6/10, 05:42 AM
V6 Member

to be honest I bought alot of scott drake stuff when I got my Mustang and now its all in the trash that is what I think of their quality. I wish I would have known about Silver Horse back then because it would have saved me a little on all the duplicates, now I just buy nothing but quality
Old 8/6/10, 09:03 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well, *blush* thanks.

It's customers like you why we're still here, despite an economy that just won't let up. When we get the engine caps done, we'll let everyone know for sure. Been crazy around here though the past couple of weeks, some really "odd" work showing up at our door, I'm beginning to wonder if all the local job shops went belly-up or if they are getting busy, causing contract work to land at our doorstep.

Having in-house CNC and CAD/CAM capability definitely is a plus - unlike our friends who have to ship everything half-way around the world and hope it doesn't come back wrong on four different ships under four different brand names!
Old 8/7/10, 09:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
where is the LIKE button here for nicely well put comments !
Old 8/7/10, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there ever a coupon code for your products Marcello? There are a couple of things on my wish list and a coupon would help me to decide weather or not to pull the trigger.

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 8/7/10 at 08:48 PM.
Old 8/7/10, 09:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Rich,

Any discounts that are done, which aren't too often, show up on our newsletter - just hop over to the website and sign up for the newsletter (upper right side of the page) and you'll know about anything when it happens if you're not already receiving it. I'm not saying they don't occur, but it isn't a weekly thing across the board like some places have. We know things are tight for a lot of people, and one of the things we have done is reduced the price of our chrome pieces and our original Honeycomb Panel in an effort to help people still be able to afford a little luxury in these tough times, if that helps any. Also, things like our new Power Outlet Plug are priced lower than ANY comparable piece, foreign or domestic. (And they don't require duct tape to keep them in place!!)

Remember though, and I'm being totally honest here, it's harder for us to do *discounts* much when we're already putting a lot more cost into our products, meaning there is less margin to work with at the end of it all. If we artificially inflated our "regular" prices, it would be a lot easier to have "sales" more often, but as good as that is for marketing hype, I've never believed in it, and I try to teach my kids not to as well - the whole "buy one get one free" fireworks are a prime example of a recent lesson I was teaching my son...

As an example, here's a link to a part that we recently compared ours to - understand that even at 66.00 (recent "sale" price instead of regular 89.00) it's still over-valued by about 50%, as the cost to manufacture this would make you sick, and I've seen better "stuff" offered at Autozone for ~30.00 retail (meaning they are still making good margin on it). Again, if I could sleep at night selling products like this, I'd be happy to have them on "sale" more often... but since we don't, we have to be very selective on "sales" if we're going to offer our products at a fair price the other 300+ days of the year, that's all.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...ages&pageid=14

So to make it quick - yes we do have sales occasionally, no we don't have any right now, and sorry for the long response to a simple question, just trying to start to explain how we arrive at the prices we ask for our products, that's all.
Old 8/8/10, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mc429c
to be honest I bought alot of scott drake stuff when I got my Mustang and now its all in the trash that is what I think of their quality. I wish I would have known about Silver Horse back then because it would have saved me a little on all the duplicates, now I just buy nothing but quality
Agreed! Got a set as a present for my last car. Looked AWESOME at first, and loved the little images on each cap. When I went to transfer them to my new car, most of them were pitted and ruined! I had them on for about 2,000 miles over 1.5 years, on a car that saw rain maybe 3 times Unbelievable!
Old 8/8/10, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Rich,

Any discounts that are done, which aren't too often, show up on our newsletter - just hop over to the website and sign up for the newsletter (upper right side of the page) and you'll know about anything when it happens if you're not already receiving it. I'm not saying they don't occur, but it isn't a weekly thing across the board like some places have. We know things are tight for a lot of people, and one of the things we have done is reduced the price of our chrome pieces and our original Honeycomb Panel in an effort to help people still be able to afford a little luxury in these tough times, if that helps any. Also, things like our new Power Outlet Plug are priced lower than ANY comparable piece, foreign or domestic. (And they don't require duct tape to keep them in place!!)

Remember though, and I'm being totally honest here, it's harder for us to do *discounts* much when we're already putting a lot more cost into our products, meaning there is less margin to work with at the end of it all. If we artificially inflated our "regular" prices, it would be a lot easier to have "sales" more often, but as good as that is for marketing hype, I've never believed in it, and I try to teach my kids not to as well - the whole "buy one get one free" fireworks are a prime example of a recent lesson I was teaching my son...

As an example, here's a link to a part that we recently compared ours to - understand that even at 66.00 (recent "sale" price instead of regular 89.00) it's still over-valued by about 50%, as the cost to manufacture this would make you sick, and I've seen better "stuff" offered at Autozone for ~30.00 retail (meaning they are still making good margin on it). Again, if I could sleep at night selling products like this, I'd be happy to have them on "sale" more often... but since we don't, we have to be very selective on "sales" if we're going to offer our products at a fair price the other 300+ days of the year, that's all.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...ages&pageid=14

So to make it quick - yes we do have sales occasionally, no we don't have any right now, and sorry for the long response to a simple question, just trying to start to explain how we arrive at the prices we ask for our products, that's all.

One of the best things about you is that you respond to questions when asked. I was on a fishing expedition and you answered my question honestly and with respect.

I'll be placing an order in acouple of weeks.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 8/8/10, 01:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No worries

If you are looking to catch anything, my guess would be to fish around the "Labor Day Fishin' hole" coming up... although it may or may not be what you're looking to catch.
Old 8/25/10, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Doogie,

Hard to be on the "wish list" when it is on the "to do" whiteboard already

We just had a meeting, they are on the short list of to-do's, so expect them before SEMA this year, finally!

There's a couple others, but they are on the D/L for now.
didnt want this thread to go too far down the page. any update on the engine caps.
x-mas wish list needs to go out to the people who love me so i get what i want.
Old 8/25/10, 10:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

We're working, on everything but them at the moment. We've had a recent influx of a lot of contract manufacturing that has just seemed to "land" on our doorstep, so we're knocking out a lot of jobs that are for some very cool stuff, unfortunately though not Mustang related. We're still hopeful for SEMA release, but there is something very big on our horizon that may interfere with that - if it does, when I can comment on it I will be happy to explain (and you'll probably like to read) what the delay is.

We'll know more in the coming weeks.

Thanks!
Old 8/25/10, 06:03 PM

As far as wish list items, a machined piece for the steering wheel emblem would be awesome. The cheap one from the factory gets blemishes very easy. With your outstanding quality, I think this product would fill a much needed void in the market.
Old 8/27/10, 05:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Morry,

Take a look at the OEM piece from a 2010+ car to see if that would fit the bill for you. Due to our insurance and other factors, you won't be seeing anything like that from us in the near future, the problem being mostly that if it didn't stay attached to the upper half of the cover in case of deployment, you'd have a nice little ninja star flying at you!