05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New radio installed... FH-P8000BT

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/10, 10:18 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
You turned on the subwoofer output in the Audio menu, right?
My first thought as well.

And again, that's a sweet looking head unit.
Old 6/27/10, 04:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They recommended plugging it into the rear RCA's instead of the Subwolfer RCA.
They said the rear output can be adjusted but the sub output cant.

So thats what I did. Seems real basey. Maybe I will try the Sub RCA instead.
You mean switch it off of "full"... to....was it "S/P"?
Old 6/28/10, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
The "full" and "S/W" options are for setting your rear speaker outputs as "full-range speakers" or "Subwoofers".

In the audio menu you get while music is playing, there should be an option for SUB W1. Options when you push in the command **** are OFF and NORMAL (or REVERSE by pressing right or left). That's how you enable subwoofer output through the Subwoofer RCA's. You can adjust the output by going to SUB W2 (up and down for volume, right and left for cutoff frequency). I keep my bass boost at 4 and my SUB W2 at -14 (really strong bass).

You should have your subs hooked into the subwoofer RCA's, the REAR SP setting to "FULL", and the SUB W1 to "NORMAL/REVERSE"

According to the manual, using the REAR SP: S/W option allows you to hook up a sub without an auxillary amp. So with your deck pumping out all that bass thinking if has to drive the subs by itself when its really going through the stock Ford amps, it's no wonder it's so much bass.

Last edited by Cavero; 6/28/10 at 05:51 PM. Reason: more info
Old 6/28/10, 06:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Did you have the shaker 1000??

I thought full was for no subs....dont I want the full range ont he speakers front and back
then add in the subs?

I remember holding the main button in while no music was playing to get the menu up...
how do I do it while music is playing?

Ok....fixing to go on a two day trip but Ill be back Wed or Thursday and I will
take out the stereo and put the RCA's in the Sub jacks.
I think it was green to white and the purple to red.

Anyway....I will try it and report back my findings!!

THANKS!!!!!

Last edited by Barricade; 6/28/10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 6/28/10, 08:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I had the Shaker 500. I think the harness is pretty much the same, just two extra subs and amps in the trunk. I could be wrong though.

I have mine set on Full, and have subs going. To turn get to the other menu, while music is playing (could be radio, CD, USB, iPod, etc) just push in the main button, turn it till you see "AUDIO", and push it in again. Then cycle through the options until you see "SUB W1".

Good luck, I hope it is just a simple menu thing. It's a real pain in the neck to troubleshoot wiring problems (believe me...I know)
Old 7/6/10, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Cavero
The "full" and "S/W" options are for setting your rear speaker outputs as "full-range speakers" or "Subwoofers".

In the audio menu you get while music is playing, there should be an option for SUB W1. Options when you push in the command **** are OFF and NORMAL (or REVERSE by pressing right or left). That's how you enable subwoofer output through the Subwoofer RCA's. You can adjust the output by going to SUB W2 (up and down for volume, right and left for cutoff frequency). I keep my bass boost at 4 and my SUB W2 at -14 (really strong bass).

You should have your subs hooked into the subwoofer RCA's, the REAR SP setting to "FULL", and the SUB W1 to "NORMAL/REVERSE"

According to the manual, using the REAR SP: S/W option allows you to hook up a sub without an auxillary amp. So with your deck pumping out all that bass thinking if has to drive the subs by itself when its really going through the stock Ford amps, it's no wonder it's so much bass.
Ok...RCA's are now plugged into the Subs. Im playing with it now. I can already tell a big difference.
Old 7/6/10, 04:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

no major rewiring? good deal
Old 7/6/10, 05:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Nope...blue & white wire gave it power...just needed to get the signal going in the right way.
Sounds much better....Im playing with the Hrtz & EQ....
What does REVERSE mean? I have it on Normal....
Old 7/6/10, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

REVERSE reverses the phase on the subwoofer. Basically inverts the signal as if you had the + and - wires switched