05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Trufiber Gts2

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/07, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
Hows your hood coming along? We haven't heard anything form Scott.
I am getting a little POed at the moment, stopped by weds night and it is looking great..the middle peak looks so much better.
the painter is doing my hood in between jobs, and wants to do a great job, so I am just going with the flow for now, he told me he is hoping for friday, well today is friday and I have not heard a thing!
I am hoping for the middle of next week.
Maybe I will call Scott tonight!
Old 10/19/07, 05:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davids2toys
I am getting a little POed at the moment, stopped by weds night and it is looking great..the middle peak looks so much better.
the painter is doing my hood in between jobs, and wants to do a great job, so I am just going with the flow for now, he told me he is hoping for friday, well today is friday and I have not heard a thing!
I am hoping for the middle of next week.
Maybe I will call Scott tonight!
Yeah, after seeing that middle ridge I'm all for removing it. Not sure why its there but its coming off. Haha. What are they doing as far as those heat extractors for you? You leaving the cover on? Or did you drill/cut a small section so water could drain and it "semi functions"?
Old 10/19/07, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey gang how about some photos of this hood with the wrappers off.

BB
Semper Fi
Old 10/19/07, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JonCo
Hows your hood coming along? We haven't heard anything form Scott.
Ouch! Stop that!!
Sorry guys, I've been busier than a one legged man in an **** kicking contest lately. I literally just got home about 15 minutes ago from taking the car to the body shop and putting on the hood. It just ran outside and took a couple of crappy pictures. Let me upload them and I'll post `em up. You all have been hanging on long enough!!! Give me a little bit.

Scott
Old 10/19/07, 07:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96

BB
Semper Fi
The wrappers our only protection . Anyways mine wont be put on for a few. No point in leaving it unprotected.

Originally Posted by Scotte28516
Ouch! Stop that!!
Sorry guys, I've been busier than a one legged man in an **** kicking contest lately. I literally just got home about 15 minutes ago from taking the car to the body shop and putting on the hood. It just ran outside and took a couple of crappy pictures. Let me upload them and I'll post `em up. You all have been hanging on long enough!!! Give me a little bit.

Scott
We'll give you a little bit alright...
Old 10/19/07, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Centurion96

BB
Semper Fi
Mine is staying wrapped until I get an appt at the shop..Unfortunately they are closed on weekends
Old 10/19/07, 10:32 PM

Drum roll please............................................ .......... Here's a few crappy photos, but they'll have to do until I get some good ones! I'll take any and all criticism.

Old 10/20/07, 12:15 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

good god scott thats horrible, Ed cant paint....just kidding....came out T!TS.

I dont see Agent 47s lower grill in there though????

we definitely need to get u some more A47 stuff to finish it off but I like it, I like it alot
Old 10/20/07, 12:22 AM
Cobra Member

looks amazing!!

wow!!!

Scotte28516,

congrats!! looks absolutely amazing!!!

i dont think we need hood pins for this.

it latches pretty tight and firm...
Old 10/20/07, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by rrobello
good god scott thats horrible, Ed cant paint....just kidding....came out T!TS.

I dont see Agent 47s lower grill in there though????

we definitely need to get u some more A47 stuff to finish it off but I like it, I like it alot
Thanks!! Yeah, I didn't have the lower grille in there when I took these pics. I had just gotten home and grabbed my camera. I did get it in there tonight, and it looks bad ***! I looked around Ed's place for that ****ed thing for 2 hours, and so did a couple of his guys. They had moved it when they took the compressor out of that rear building and nobody knew where it was put. We finally found it sitting on top of a quad outside, in plain view!! It'll be on there tomorrow when the car is on display in the Hardcore Mustangs/TruFiber booth at Fun Ford Weekend in Fontana, CA. You going Richard?
Old 10/20/07, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
wow!!!

Scotte28516,

congrats!! looks absolutely amazing!!!

i dont think we need hood pins for this.

it latches pretty tight and firm...
You're right Yao. I don't see any reason to have them other than cosmetically. It would look good with a set of original twist locks, though!
Old 10/20/07, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Scotte28516
Thanks!! Yeah, I didn't have the lower grille in there when I took these pics. I had just gotten home and grabbed my camera. I did get it in there tonight, and it looks bad ***! I looked around Ed's place for that ****ed thing for 2 hours, and so did a couple of his guys. They had moved it when they took the compressor out of that rear building and nobody knew where it was put. We finally found it sitting on top of a quad outside, in plain view!! It'll be on there tomorrow when the car is on display in the Hardcore Mustangs/TruFiber booth at Fun Ford Weekend in Fontana, CA. You going Richard?
nope I have to work, Im heading up to Cars and Coffee right now for the prefestivities but have to come home afterwards
Old 10/21/07, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys, for those of you who have purchased the hood and had it painted, what are your paint and body guy's thoughts on the hood???????

My paint and body guy is great, but I can tell he doesn't like fiberglass hoods. He said he has never seen what he calls a "good" fiberglass hood. He says no matter how expensive or how good they advertise to be, all of them have their issues. He says they never fit right. He goes on to say that they all require many, many man hours to make them right. I'm anxiously awaiting my Trufiber hood (venom hood) that will fit the GT500 front fascia. I know it won't be here til December or maybe even after the first of the year (more time to save for paint), but I was just wanting to hear some feedback from your paint/body guys. Here's hoping Trufiber will prove my paint and body guy wrong!!!!!
Old 10/21/07, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Hey guys, for those of you who have purchased the hood and had it painted, what are your paint and body guy's thoughts on the hood???????

My paint and body guy is great, but I can tell he doesn't like fiberglass hoods. He said he has never seen what he calls a "good" fiberglass hood. He says no matter how expensive or how good they advertise to be, all of them have their issues. He says they never fit right. He goes on to say that they all require many, many man hours to make them right. I'm anxiously awaiting my Trufiber hood (venom hood) that will fit the GT500 front fascia. I know it won't be here til December or maybe even after the first of the year (more time to save for paint), but I was just wanting to hear some feedback from your paint/body guys. Here's hoping Trufiber will prove my paint and body guy wrong!!!!!

With an attitude like that, I think I would be looking for a new painter while waiting on the hood. If he doesn't like fiberglass hoods, he most likely will not do his best work. JMO
Old 10/21/07, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott,
Looks great!!!
Are those painted stripes or vinyl!
Hopefully i will have pics and a g#d d#mn F#**#*G car by end of next week...then you guys can see one with the center bead removed and a small (stock like) peak installed.
Jonco...I think I am going to fabricate some deflecting trays out of stainless and leave the louvers open, I have some real good ideas on this , I am going to use the underside of the strut brace as a mounting point, they will also hide my NASTY looking valve covers...lol
I cant do anything until I get the car back, I am thinking the trays that come with the hood are useless the way they are at the moment!
I have also a few ideas for them, but again, I need the car back first!
Old 10/21/07, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Scott +1 Looks GREAT! Trufiber came through!!!!
Old 10/21/07, 05:28 PM

Hey Scott,
Looks great!!!
Hopefully i will have pics and a g#d d#mn F#**#*G car by end of next week...then you guys can see one with the center bead removed and a small (stock like) peak installed.
Jonco...I think I am going to fabricate some deflecting trays out of stainless and leave the louvers open, I have some real good ideas on this , I am going to use the underside of the strut brace as a mounting point, they will also hide my NASTY looking valve covers...lol
I cant do anything until I get the car back, I am thinking the trays that come with the hood are useless the way they are at the moment!

the hood I have coming out very soon doesnt have that center bead as well as a couple other subtle differences, unfortunately despite all my efforts I wasnt able to get it done in time for SEMA but it shouldnt be much behind that now
Old 10/21/07, 08:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
the hood I have coming out very soon doesnt have that center bead as well as a couple other subtle differences, unfortunately despite all my efforts I wasnt able to get it done in time for SEMA but it shouldnt be much behind that now

How is yours coming along?
Old 10/21/07, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP

hi OKLACOP,
i find that VERY strange. my bodyshop dude i would not even say he calls himself super master painter...but he had NO COMPLAINTS and did the job and made the hood hit dead on. He did paint the 2 times because the first time it didnt come out right and he wanted to do a great job. he gave me no push back and was happy to work on it.

honestly bro, im a little skeptical of your painter/body guy now. i know many dudes who do not like to do the work or second guessed how much time they need to spend will start to bad mouth things.

just a hunch..

good luck
Old 10/21/07, 10:26 PM

Hey Scott,
Looks great!!!
The stripes are painted on. They were done by a great shop called SW Body and Paint in Azusa, Ca. There was several hours of block sanding prep that was done, but nothing major. The hood bolted right on with a perfect fit. I'm still not understanding why your body guy needed to change the holes for it to fit right on your car. At yesterday's Fun Ford Weekend in Fontana, Ca., my car was on display with Hardcore Mustangs & TruFiber. Phil from TruFiber was there along with 10 hoods(all different styles) for the 2005+ GT. After discussing your fitment issue, they decided to test fit each of the 10 hoods on my car, and every single one bolted right on to the factory hardware and closed with a perfect fit. This is why I was kind of dismayed on the phone with what you said your body guy did.

Quick Reply: Trufiber Gts2