05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Louver replacement for quarter window glass

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/06, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Can Just Insert The Pic Using "go Advanced" and use the "Manage attachements" button at the bottom...
Old 5/11/06, 09:35 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rony1976
You Can Just Insert The Pic Using "go Advanced" and use the "Manage attachements" button at the bottom...
Ah, thanks. I didn't scroll down and see that....

Ok then:
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-1ren_mach1_wallpaper.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-65054.jpg   Louver replacement for quarter window glass-2005gtlouvers.jpg  
Old 5/11/06, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

I like the black one, the middle picture more than the one with the rounded... a bit more aggressive..

Hey Marcello, where are you located? I see that Silver Horse Racing's number is a (407)... I live in Altamonte Springs, FL
Old 5/11/06, 09:58 AM
Legacy Tms Member

We're targeting the more aggressive look of the original, but there are design constraints the new car gives us that we have to work within....

We're over in the Palm Bay area - if you need anything, ground shipment normally gets it there next day for you!
Old 5/11/06, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

How cool! I'd love to stop by and check you guys out in person...
Old 5/11/06, 09:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Rony,

You'd laugh if you saw us now - we're working on plans for a new place to be ready at the beginning of 07, but right now we kind of hide away where nobody will find us! - I'll be in Orlando though tomorrow, so if you need anything, speak now! I'll be pulling the #05 car through to Tampa on Monday, with the Hooter's girls in tow for our show over there, at Arthur Machinery's FL headquarters near the Tampa airport.

Anyway - the news - quarter panel arrived tonight at 9:30pm on a REFRIDGERATED semi - odd. But it is here, and I'll deliver it tomorrow to the mold shop, along with the quarter glass, and I'll look at and approve / disapprove the CAD drawings as they sit at the moment.

Ok - back to work, it's only midnight here...
Old 5/12/06, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

How exciting! I can't wait for those to come out!
Well, my plans for the future are the black ionized gas cap, the faux cap in the same finish, and the louvers from you guys... that'll all happen when the car goes in for the custom paint job I wanna do!
Old 5/12/06, 09:44 AM
GT Member

I'm very excited about this now. How difficult will these be to install? I'm assuming that since the glass will need to be taken out that a professional shop is recommended? Can the glass be removed without damaging the surrounding paint? If so, how? Keep us posted and post pics as soon as you can of the prototype. It sounds like everyone else is chomping at the bit too on this. I know I'm looking forward to purchasing what will likely be another great Silverhorse Racing product.

-TRB
Old 5/12/06, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Why do I enjoy following this thread?

I've got a vert!
Old 5/12/06, 10:42 AM
V6 Member

Why doesn't anyone design something along the lines of what was on the 05 Silver Concept Car? Now those look sweet and I'd buy a set right now!!
Old 5/14/06, 10:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Bump!

Old 5/14/06, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

HRE sent me this image, one of their sponsored vehicles actually.
Attached Thumbnails Louver replacement for quarter window glass-mustang-845r.jpg  
Old 5/14/06, 03:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

That's not bad, but it is NOT the look we are after. I feel that the piece shown there is too "soft" for the body lines of the Mustang.

As to news - CAD drawings looked really nice, but now that they have the factory original pieces to work from, there will be a round of tweaking before we continue. Then we'll move to SLA prototypes again, just like we did with the honeycomb panel, followed by more tweaks, then mold production can get underway.

Let's just say if production parts end up looking like the drawings I looked at Friday, we're going to have some more really cool parts to offer our customers. And the fit is going to be spot on again, as we are laser-scanning the window to insure we get the compound arc contours perfect.

Ok, I have to get ready for our Tampa show this week... back to work!
Old 5/14/06, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looking very forward to this silverhorse Keep us updated my friend
Old 5/14/06, 09:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok - we took a bunch of pictures of the stock interior tonight, and had a discussion with our lead CAD guy on this project, and a question keeps coming up that I would like input from everyone on:

How important is the visibility out of the quarter windows to you? I feel it needs to have some visibility, but I may be in the minority here, and would like to know everyone's thoughts on this. Now is the time to speak up, as soon we will move beyond this point, and cement in stone that aspect of the design.

Options are:

1) No visibility - make the part from opaque material (non visible through) and ALL design is targeted at the appearance.

2) Some visibility - part to be from Lexan, but majority painted to match. Visibility will be limited, but there will be some areas that allow for some view of the outside. - "smoke" tint finish on the visible areas.

3) Complete visibility - part to be from Lexan, but polished on all surfaces to give a distorted but clear view of the outside. Part to be smoke tint finish.

Notice that #3 is VERY expensive compared to #1 and #2, and might make the shop not want to do the work due to flow issues that would make reject rates unmanageable. But I would like to know nonetheless if this is a road we need to go down or not.

Thoughts everyone?
Old 5/14/06, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would prefer some visibility, I think complete visibility is something we have to give up on this type of modification. With all of that said, if you design something that looks killer, I dont really care. I can look at my rear view mirror anyways. Good luck and I say use option #1 or #2, keep this cheap.
Old 5/14/06, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

I personally fell that at least some visibility is better than none.
Old 5/14/06, 09:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

some visibility
Old 5/14/06, 09:56 PM
V6 Member

I would not mind no visibility if that ment a much more agressive and cleaner look. I rarely look out the quarters now, so if they were blacked out it would not bother me one bit. The most important factor is the final look not visibility.
Old 5/14/06, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Xanadu
I would not mind no visibility if that ment a much more agressive and cleaner look. I rarely look out the quarters now, so if they were blacked out it would not bother me one bit. The most important factor is the final look not visibility.
I have to agree. I very rarely if ever look out those window anyway. You would have to almost twist your head around to effectively look out of them. I do just as well turning my head and looking out the side window for my blind spot. I would really like to see an agressive look. These things are going to sell like crazy. Hopefully the price is obtainable for most folks. Thanks for the updates and great products.

Quick Reply: Louver replacement for quarter window glass