05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/06, 01:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadlizard
Don't know how to do attachments well here... 2nd attempt. Thanks for the excellent mount Ben. I'd looked all over and couldn't find an alternative to drilling holes in the bumper. Mount took about 15-minutes max to install. Don't know if I'd go the wing-nut route some have talked about as I don't want to make it too easy on a potential theif. I painted the bolts black to match the bracket I bought. Looks fantastic!

Roadlizard
Thanks dude for replying I appreciate it. I spent a lot of time designing the bracket for myself. As I got tired of the plate hitting the windshield/seeing it all the time in the window!

Just one question though. The bracket does look a bit far away from the bumper did you ensure the "clamp" is touching the black plastic? As shown on page 5 of my instruction sheet?
License Plate Instructions

Otherwise it looks great I'm glad you like it!

PS Roadlizard - I saw you posted on allfordmustangs I'll be posting a link to here as well and pictures, just haven't got a chance yet, work has been really busy!
Old 8/30/06, 02:43 PM

Just one question though. The bracket does look a bit far away from the bumper did you ensure the "clamp" is touching the black plastic? As shown on page 5 of my instruction sheet?

PS Roadlizard - I saw you posted on allfordmustangs I'll be posting a link to here as well and pictures, just haven't got a chance yet, work has been really busy![/quote]

Not sure if I have it correct or not. Here's a pic. Let me know if I need to adjust. I think it is right from what I can tell looking at the pics.

Hope you don't mind the free advertising on allfordmustangs!
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-4.jpg  
Old 8/30/06, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fastrack

PS Roadlizard - I saw you posted on allfordmustangs I'll be posting a link to here as well and pictures, just haven't got a chance yet, work has been really busy!
Originally Posted by Roadlizard
Not sure if I have it correct or not. Here's a pic. Let me know if I need to adjust. I think it is right from what I can tell looking at the pics.

Hope you don't mind the free advertising on allfordmustangs!
The correct way as I'll try and explain... I'll have to update my instructions.. HEHEHE:
The bracket should be mounted so the yellow line is where the red line is.

On the bracket as outlined by the yellow arrow inside the bumper there's a flat piece and the bracket touches this which allows perfect alignment forward/backward.

Thanks for posting other places. It's great!
Old 8/30/06, 05:33 PM

All fixed now

I got the yellow line up against the red line. Looks better that way. Thanks for all the help! Hope you sell a couple million of these things! (if that's what you want...
Old 9/14/06, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ben,

I finally got mine put on after getting my 1-month old car's first dent fixed (read here). It works great!!

I plan to be the snow/salt tester. I hope that in the future you will continue to make these. Thanks a bunch!!
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-plate_bracket_1.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-plate_bracket_2.jpg  
Old 9/14/06, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally got my plates, but haven't mounted the front one yet. I know, I promised pics a long time ago, I'm lazy.

I did to a test fit, and it looks great! Thanks for a great design. I got mine indirectly through BeBeep, but hopefully I'm still part of the family.

I don't know if many of you will make it to Las Vegas the end of this month for our MCA show at the Stardust, but I plan on at least entering the Show and Shine part of the show. I might install these for that, or might leave the bumper bare. Dunno yet. I'm not really in it for the win, just because I like showing off my car.

Maybe I'll put them together with the plate mounted, and set the assembly on the ground in front of the car, to show it can be installed/removed without marking up the car. Who knows.
Old 9/14/06, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Ben,

I finally got mine put on after getting my 1-month old car's first dent fixed (read here). It works great!!

I plan to be the snow/salt tester. I hope that in the future you will continue to make these. Thanks a bunch!!
Nice pictures! I kind of wondered what happened to you! Glad you like and it looks great - as good as a front plate could....

I'm not sure what the salt will do, keep an eye on it.

Jayguy your still part of the club - you have the 3rd - production ready - bracket made Mine was the first and sis27 (2nd) and BeBeep's was 3rd. If you mount the plate and have it on the ground; send any orders my way - if you wish you can give them my gmail account: fastrack1@gmail.com

- I'm closing in on 20 brackets sold - , who knew I'd sell this many and all of them are from this board -

Thanks,
Old 9/15/06, 05:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastrack
Nice pictures! I kind of wondered what happened to you! Glad you like and it looks great - as good as a front plate could....

I'm not sure what the salt will do, keep an eye on it.

That's why I am hoping you still will be making these - in case things get too bad as a result of the winter driving. I would buy another from you now, just in case, if you are still in production!
Old 9/16/06, 08:06 AM
GT Member

I haven't installed mine.
I only plan to use it when the car needs to be state inspected. We have to have a front plate to pass, but otherwise I'm keeping the plate off.
Mount looks great! Thanks again for making them.
Old 9/16/06, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

I would be interested in ordering one of these for my 07 GT. I usually dont put a front plate on (**** NY laws! ), but this would be useful for inspections and trips to Canada.
Old 9/16/06, 07:45 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by jjcastle
I would be interested in ordering one of these for my 07 GT. I usually dont put a front plate on (**** NY laws! ), but this would be useful for inspections and trips to Canada.
jjcastle - I'm still making these, the last batch I made I sold all of them. I'll be making a new batch this week (Usually four in a batch). I sent you a PM with my Paypal information.

BillR - Glad you like it! For me I don't really like the plate on the front, but I got tired of seeing it in the front window

Tony - Feel free to paypal me again - $42US would be fine this time
Old 9/21/06, 11:32 AM
Banned

Thumbs up For new people.

Hi,

I get a lot of PM's asking me if I'm still producing these, I make about 5 per batch. So there's about 1 week delay between placing your order and it shipping (unless you get lucky and get one from a batch just produced).

For new comers to this thread, please view this post, as it contains photos of what the production version of the bracket looks like "v2":
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...811#post702811

Here's a link to payment information:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...376#post698376

The bracket price is $35US + $7US shipping to anywhere in the US including APO, Hawaii and Alaska. Total price is $42US.

If your interested please, please paypal me $42US or PM me for more information... I just recently setup a new paypal email fastrackindustries@gmail.com If your from TMS please include your nick in your paypal payment, if you aren't from TMS I would like to know where you heard about my bracket.

Thanks,
Old 9/21/06, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ben, I'll try to get a little sign made up (and maybe some cards with your info) to put out there, or at least have ready to hand out. I still have to get the plate cover so I can put it all together with the clear cover installed. The show is next weekend, and I'm planning on being there all three days.
Old 9/21/06, 11:54 AM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by jayguy
Ben, I'll try to get a little sign made up (and maybe some cards with your info) to put out there, or at least have ready to hand out. I still have to get the plate cover so I can put it all together with the clear cover installed. The show is next weekend, and I'm planning on being there all three days.
Sweet man that would be great!
Old 10/10/06, 07:05 PM

Hi Ben,

I will be getting my GT 500 in about two weeks, and was curious if these would fit my car?

I live in Brampton and could pick it up, or meet you somewhere if you needed to take measurements.

Any chance you can PM me as I don't get over here very often, and would hate to lose the link to a very cool product.

Cheers,

Barry
Old 10/10/06, 09:15 PM
Banned

Hi all,

As of late I'm getting quite a few requests for a GT500 front License Plate bracket.

If someone that's interested in buying a bracket, can take a few pictures of the underside of the front bumper/measurements like this post:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...392#post688392

That would be great!

You can post the pictures here or email them to fastrackindustries@gmail.com

Also I would like to Thank the last 4 buyers of my bracket as the supplier where I buy the Aluminum was out of stock for almost 2 weeks. I now have enough to make 10 more brackets. The turn around time is around 1 week once an order is placed (I make them in batches), and until I make enough to create a "stock", there isn't much I can do about the wait time.

The payment is as follows for the Mustang GT bracket:
USA - Includes Alaska & Hawaii - $35US + $7.50US shipping = $42.50US
Canada - $41cdn + ($11 for 7 days or $12 for 2 days shipping) = $52CDN or $53CDN <- Don't ask me why the shipping is more to Canada, I was surprised myself! But the package weighs 350grams, and is 19x16x4cm's.

My paypal email is fastrackindustries@gmail.com

For users having issues with my other post (http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...811#post702811)

Here's a link to the instruction manual:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...te_Bracket.pdf

Here's the images hosted on FileDen:

Back/side view:

Bottom view, showing how smooth the bend in the Main Plate mount is:

Bracket apart, showing the each piece:

Test mounted on the car – The blemish where plasti-dip is missing has been repaired:

Showing the Main Plate mount attached to my plate:

And finally mounted on the car - this is my bracket... using electrical tape instead of plasti-dip

Let me know if anyone has any issues... Or if you heard bad things about Fileden. As this is my first time using their site.
Old 10/17/06, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Fastrak,

Do you plan on making any brackets to fit the Cobra GT500 front end?

Please say you will...
Old 10/18/06, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sniper415
Fastrak,

Do you plan on making any brackets to fit the Cobra GT500 front end?

Please say you will...
Your the 3rd person to request this, and where there's 3... Anyway.. I have yet to see any pictures of the lower half of the bumper where the bracket would mount. But I suspect if the GT500 bumper is closed in on the bottom like the GT, it would be impossible to tighten the bolts through the honeycomb.
Old 10/19/06, 08:58 AM

For you folks following this thread but haven't bought "cause you're still thinking about it". This is a dang clever idea. Ole Ben won't be getting rich (but he may pick up a little beer $), he's put quite a bit of tinker-time on his design and has come up with a really nice solution for those of us who are unlucky enough to be told we gotta have the front plate, yet lucky enough to be driving an 05, 06 or 07 Mustang GT. My bracket fit great (look Ma, ho holes!). I'm using the wing nuts in place of the Nylock nuts that Ben supplies and I keep it in my trunk. I'll put it on for inspections and hope to stay just below the local law enforcement radar. ("Well officer, I took it off for the carwash and just forgot to put it back on. No, really, here lemme show you how easy it goes on.")
I see quite a few non-GT's running around with no front plate too (even though it has a "place" for one), this might fit your car also.
Old 10/25/06, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just waiting on mine now!

Thanks for the heads up Ben!

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.