05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/07, 02:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Im in since I just got a ticket for no plates!!!!!!!!
20" rims!... wow.
Old 4/9/07, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in also, time to put the plates on and I am NOT drilling. Sent you a PM
Old 4/9/07, 01:57 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I am in also, time to put the plates on and I am NOT drilling. Sent you a PM

Got your PM and replied!

FYI. I have 3 more left inventory that aren't sold
Old 4/14/07, 05:51 AM

Ben...

Just wanted to let you know that my bracket arrived... what a great piece!! Very well made and (thanks to your packing) it arrived in perfect condition. Now all I need is the car to put it on !!! (black GT ordered at the end of February and should be in around the middle of May).

Thank you !!!

Joe
Old 4/15/07, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

Any idea if this bracket would work with the Cervini front end? I tried to link the image, but did not work right, but you can click this link:

https://www.cervinis.com/large.aspx?...00RedFront.jpg

Would hate to dril into this to mount a plate.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 4/15/07, 06:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jcode68
Any idea if this bracket would work with the Cervini front end? I tried to link the image, but did not work right, but you can click this link:

https://www.cervinis.com/large.aspx?...00RedFront.jpg

Would hate to dril into this to mount a plate.

Thanks,
Adam
Ben is obviously the expert, but as it did not fit on a GT/CS front bumper, which has dimensions in range of the GT, I suspect it would not on this one. Someone would need to take a measurement of the distance between the bottom of the bumper and the license plate guide holes. The clamp would have to be secure, and that distance influences that.

Also, on the GT, there is a piece of black plastic that also has a certain height. That has the largest bearing on the fit, as his design takes this into account.

Ben, you have obviously opened up a whole new market here!
Old 4/15/07, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Ben is obviously the expert, but as it did not fit on a GT/CS front bumper, which has dimensions in range of the GT, I suspect it would not on this one. Someone would need to take a measurement of the distance between the bottom of the bumper and the license plate guide holes. The clamp would have to be secure, and that distance influences that.

Also, on the GT, there is a piece of black plastic that also has a certain height. That has the largest bearing on the fit, as his design takes this into account.

Ben, you have obviously opened up a whole new market here!
Yeah

I'm planning to borrow a Mustang CS, next sunny day we have and attempt to fab a bracket. (Hopefully this coming Saturday)

I'll keep you all posted.

As far as I know it does not fit the cervini fascia.
Old 4/18/07, 07:18 AM
Cobra Member

Ben,

Just want you to know I got my brackets day before yesterday, and put them on the car yesterday. Fantastic product, I got them on and secure in about 10 mins, very easy to take on and off, pics coming later. Sent you a PM also.
Old 4/18/07, 08:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fastrack
Yeah

I'm planning to borrow a Mustang CS, next sunny day we have and attempt to fab a bracket. (Hopefully this coming Saturday)

I'll keep you all posted.

As far as I know it does not fit the cervini fascia.

hi fastrack,
keep us in the loop. Im doing a CS front end soon and would be interested in buying this...

thanks!
Old 4/18/07, 10:32 AM
Banned

Ben,

Just want you to know I got my brackets day before yesterday, and put them on the car yesterday. Fantastic product, I got them on and secure in about 10 mins, very easy to take on and off, pics coming later. Sent you a PM also.
I'm glad you like it, did you use the wing nuts ? I actually tried the wing nuts for the first time myself last week. They do help .. HEHE
Old 4/19/07, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fastrack
I'm glad you like it, did you use the wing nuts ? I actually tried the wing nuts for the first time myself last week. They do help .. HEHE
Yeah I did do that, I actually was going to say what a great idea I had until I read that it was already discussed on here , don't know how I missed that and here I though I came up with some great idea

Anyway here are the pics I took, sorry I was in a bit of a rush but you can see the advantage of using these, they look like the plate is drilled in except from the side.
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-pdr_0400.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-pdr_0399.jpg  
Old 4/19/07, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Doesn't work on a GT/CS bumper? Darn it! I'm not drilling mine, and I need a front plate before I'm due to be inspected in July. Please keep us informed if you come up with a version for the GT/CS bumper.
Old 4/19/07, 04:31 PM
Banned

Yeah I did do that, I actually was going to say what a great idea I had until I read that it was already discussed on here , don't know how I missed that and here I though I came up with some great idea

Anyway here are the pics I took, sorry I was in a bit of a rush but you can see the advantage of using these, they look like the plate is drilled in except from the side.
Looks very good, however I'm wondering if you have it mounted exactly as it should be, as the plate shouldn't be out that far from the bumper.
Old 4/19/07, 08:03 PM
Cobra Member

Not sure Ben after I installed it the brackets had no flex at all and were secure and level (not leaning forward or backward). How far out should it be, I will measure cuz my camera tends to do odd things to pics sometimes. Oh I was asked by someone if there could possibly be one of these made for the GT500, and naturally the GT/CS.
Old 4/19/07, 08:22 PM
Banned

Not sure Ben after I installed it the brackets had no flex at all and were secure and level (not leaning forward or backward). How far out should it be, I will measure cuz my camera tends to do odd things to pics sometimes. Oh I was asked by someone if there could possibly be one of these made for the GT500, and naturally the GT/CS.
The GT500 is a hard one, I have looked at one at autoshows and the car dealer, but the honeycomb in the lower opening would cause major install issues - I don't think it would be an easy on/off bracket.

GT/CS is in the works, I plan to borrow a CS and attempt to fab a bracket.

Regarding your mounting... If you look at Page #5 of my instructions, the picture with the red circle shows where the "bend" of the main clamp should be and the distance should look similar to my photo - I'm sure it'll stay put the way you have it, but you should find the appearance even better if mounted as depicted.

Installation Instructions:
http://fastrack.redirectme.net:30923...te_Bracket.pdf OR http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...te_Bracket.pdf
Old 4/20/07, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Very cool, I will check it out when I wash her this weekend. I agree that the GT500 would be tough but could be very worth it. I know that the GT500 bumper does not even have dimples in it and there are plenty of people who don't want to make any. I was asked to pass the want for one along to the guy who made mine, so I did my part
Old 4/20/07, 09:33 AM
Banned

Very cool, I will check it out when I wash her this weekend. I agree that the GT500 would be tough but could be very worth it. I know that the GT500 bumper does not even have dimples in it and there are plenty of people who don't want to make any. I was asked to pass the want for one along to the guy who made mine, so I did my part
Yeah I would agree, I've had quite a few requests for the GT500...
Old 5/11/07, 07:40 AM
Banned

Hi all,

I figured it was time for a "summer update" I'm still making these. I currently have 2 extra from the batch which I just made.

Currently in the works:
- V6 bracket
- CS/Shelby GT bracket

Work has been really busy lately so I haven't been able to work on the above but I'm still planning to do so.

The plate bracket comes standard with 1" plate bolts. When ordering please specify if you want 1" or 3/4" plate bolts.
- 1" bolts if your using a license plate frame or a plate cover.
- 3/4" bolts if your just using the plate

The pricing from the other pages has gone up a bit since Canada Post raised shipping:

US:
$35US bracket + $7.50US shipping = $42.50US ($43.50 if you want both bolt lengths)

Canada if paying in Canadian funds -- NOTE: This is shipping to B.C - Shipping to Canada is variable so please PM or email me your postal code
$41cdn + $11 (7 days shipping) or $12 (Express 2 days) = so $51cdn or $52cdn ($52 or $53 if you want both bolt lengths)

My paypal email that I post on public forums is fastrackindustries @ gmail dot com

If you want more information please send me a PM or an email at the address above.

Just a reminder that I am not a company but someone that does this in their spare time, so expect a 2 week turn around until I make extras (it's hard to keep up!)

I will also now be including 2 extra 10-24 Nylon Lock nuts (so you can fasten it to the car with 2 nuts on each section instead of 1..). I'll still include the Wing Nuts as well to ease in the installation. I'm not including the extra nuts, because I feel it's s safty issue, some customers have said "why not use 1 nut on each stud.... it's just added security... so.."

Installation Instructions:
http://fastrack.redirectme.net:30923...te_Bracket.pdf OR http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...te_Bracket.pdf

Pictures of the bracket:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...579#post757579

Thanks,
Old 5/24/07, 10:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the up date for the GT/CS?
Old 5/25/07, 04:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dougxox

whats the up date for the GT/CS?

It's still in the works, I've been swamped at work. I haven't been able to arrange a vacation day yet!

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.