05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/06, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
I bought the kit BeBeep had, and should be getting them in a few days. Looking forward to it, although I only plan on using them if/when I get busted for not having one on the front.

I'll test fit it once it get's here, and take pics.
Very Cool Jayguy I hope you like it, I decided to mount the plate. And remove it for shows etc... I can take the plate bracket off and mount it back in less than 5 minutes.

I haven't seen any install photos except for mine so I can't wait.
Old 8/6/06, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sis27
Well, I'm switching to a polish. I just tried to spray the brackets and everything was ok for the straight mounting pieces. But when I started to do the curved pieces I messed up a lil. Just before I started to redo them I looked at the dried parts and realized I was in over my head. Either I picked the wrong spray or I just flat out suck at it. It's already starting to peal in areas. I'm going to leave the parts with the black alone since I'm afraid of that stuff coming off if I try messing around with paint remover.

Simon

Note: Kind of funny that my 100th post is about me messing something up lol.
Yeah the Plasti-Dip will come off forsure if you use the paint remover. Once it starts to peel it comes off quite easily. I'm not sure the process of clear coating the aluminum, but since I used 400 grit wet sand paper to shine them up (The great look you liked), the clear coat probably had nothing to stick too.
Old 8/7/06, 01:09 PM

I want one!

Fastrack, sent you an email too. How do I pay? I've got a paypal account but have only used it for ebay stuff. Your bracket is the best solution I've seen to the front plate requirement!

Thanks,
Roadlizard
Old 8/7/06, 07:33 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Roadlizard
Fastrack, sent you an email too. How do I pay? I've got a paypal account but have only used it for ebay stuff. Your bracket is the best solution I've seen to the front plate requirement!

Thanks,
Roadlizard
Thanks for the compliment , I just sent you a PM regarding my paypal email.

For anyone interested in a bracket please view these 2 threads first, and PM me for my paypal email (It's my main email address so I do not want to post it in the thread because of thread scraping bots ).

Pricing information can be found here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...376#post698376

Production version photos can be found here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...811#post702811

Thanks,
Old 8/14/06, 09:20 AM
Banned

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has installed there's yet ? I've shipped out 8 of these brackets, and BeBeep & Sis27 are the only ones to post results.

I currently have payment for 2 more and 3 are on the waiting list.

Thanks,
Old 8/14/06, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, Ben - I just got mine last Thursday and have not yet put them on the car. I plan to do so in the next day or two to check the fit. I am awaiting my plates at this time.

They look great!
Old 8/14/06, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

havent had a chance to put mine on yet... i need a frame for it cuase the bolts that hold the plate on seem real long. Will the threads stick out past the nut?
Old 8/14/06, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adnlyn
havent had a chance to put mine on yet... i need a frame for it cuase the bolts that hold the plate on seem real long. Will the threads stick out past the nut?
Yes they do stick out, but a 3/4" nuts just barely touched the nylon lock material with a plate cover. So I decided to include 1" bolts (which is what I'm using).

If you do not want to use a plate cover, 1/4" x 20 (thread pitch) - 3/4" long bolt from homedepot will barely stick out.
Old 8/14/06, 10:30 AM
V6 Member

Hey ben,

just sent you my payment
Old 8/14/06, 05:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got them and installed (no pics yet, sorry). Great product (thx Ben). Install was a piece of cake, didn't even read the instructions, although Ben has made them very detailed, so I figured since it's like 3 or 4 pages with pictures (something a lot of manufacturers should learn).

The plate bolts are long, but figured it's an option for folks that have plate covers. Nothing the Dremel can't take care of or new bolts like Ben mentioned above. And D@mn if the holes on the brackets didn't line up perfect with the dimples on the bumper, you'd think he used a laser or something for as many as he's making!!! Way to go Ben, great product!!!!
Old 8/15/06, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ben,
I installed the bracket yesterday. I must say it was very easy to do. I used a cover over mine. I would like to mount the bolts in the opposite direction because I think the nut kind of sticks out a bit. The problem with that is the nut would then hit the bumper or have the potential to.
I used a similar bolt for the bottom plate holes but they have a rubber washer that goes around the bolt head for a chrome cap to pop on.
Looks nicer beacause it's flush. The end of the bolt doesn't touch anything like the top one would. I will be scouting the local hardware stores for a possible alternative. If anyone comes up with a good idea i'm all ears.
BTW- I put mine on for the shows because of the unique vanity plate!
Old 8/15/06, 06:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yep, good point, I'd also like the nut to be on the other side, or use some type of cap. Problem is the caps are usually for the bolt head and are not deep enough for a nut. I'll be looking into this too... Love it, nothing like team work...
Old 8/15/06, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by icemant180
Ben,
I installed the bracket yesterday. I must say it was very easy to do. I used a cover over mine. I would like to mount the bolts in the opposite direction because I think the nut kind of sticks out a bit. The problem with that is the nut would then hit the bumper or have the potential to.
I used a similar bolt for the bottom plate holes but they have a rubber washer that goes around the bolt head for a chrome cap to pop on.
Looks nicer beacause it's flush. The end of the bolt doesn't touch anything like the top one would. I will be scouting the local hardware stores for a possible alternative. If anyone comes up with a good idea i'm all ears.
Yep I hear what your saying, but the only way to have the bolt reversed (and it is possible), would be to have the bracket further away from the bumper, and it would become even harder to protect the bumper from the nut. I went this route to protect the bumper as much as possible.

The other solution I mentioned above is the 3/4" bolt, it might fit with your cover and not stick out as much.

Hey it would be easier for me as well, less work on my part. I wouldn't have to counter sink the two plate holes
Old 8/24/06, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I installed mine the other day. Easy install nice craftmanship. I would recomend getting the wing nuts like Ben recomends it is just a little eaisier to handle wiht then but either way it was a piece of cake. Oh and deffinately use the shorter bolts for the plate the ones it comes with are just too long. Nice work thanks Ben.
Old 8/24/06, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adnlyn
I installed mine the other day. Easy install nice craftmanship. I would recomend getting the wing nuts like Ben recomends it is just a little eaisier to handle wiht then but either way it was a piece of cake. Oh and deffinately use the shorter bolts for the plate the ones it comes with are just too long. Nice work thanks Ben.
Yeah the bolt length is crazyiness, the perfect length both is about 3/4" with a plate cover, but I was worried it didn't seat enough into the Nylon lock nut.

There's no real happy medium with the length of the bolt. 3/4" might be fine for some people (which is why I recommended it). Some others might choose to dremel the bolt - just be careful you smooth out the threads or the nylon lock nuts will get destroyed.

Glad you like it.
Old 8/29/06, 08:33 AM
V6 Member

Got mine today, now all I need is my stang to get here
Old 8/29/06, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07VistaGT
Got mine today, now all I need is my stang to get here
When is it due to arrive? You could always mount your plate to the bracket and imagine it on the front of your car hehe.

The wait is the hardest part! Careful when you first leave the dealer though, as I almost left a patch on the road; since it was about 3 months since driving one! I forgot how much power it had!

Old 8/29/06, 05:43 PM

ben im looking to get one of these plate mounts from you do you have any made or alreayd if not how long does it take you to make one
Old 8/30/06, 01:22 PM

Attachment 8217
Originally Posted by Fastrack
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has installed there's yet ? I've shipped out 8 of these brackets, and BeBeep & Sis27 are the only ones to post results.

I currently have payment for 2 more and 3 are on the waiting list.

Thanks,
Pics as promised! Just got lic. plates yesterday...
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-1.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-1-2-.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-3.jpg  
Old 8/30/06, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roadlizard
Attachment 8217

Pics as promised! Just got lic. plates yesterday...
Don't know how to do attachments well here... 2nd attempt. Thanks for the excellent mount Ben. I'd looked all over and couldn't find an alternative to drilling holes in the bumper. Mount took about 15-minutes max to install. Don't know if I'd go the wing-nut route some have talked about as I don't want to make it too easy on a potential theif. I painted the bolts black to match the bracket I bought. Looks fantastic!

Roadlizard
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-2.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-ben-post-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.