05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/06, 07:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SWEET!!

Thanks
Old 1/8/07, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2007 New Year bump

Hi all,

I am still making these, the orders slowed down quite a bit in December I guess everyone was on vacation. They seem to be picking up again!!

The pricing information/pictures/link to the instructions can be found here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...487#post779487

Ben
Old 1/9/07, 05:56 PM

Hey Ben I was brought out of lurking because of your brackets so thank you. I have a 07 GT500 and i saw earlier someone asking to help you out with the dimensions of the car. Did you get this info yet? If not i can help you out. I'd also like to pick up a bracket because its only a matter of time before a cop pulls me over for no front plate. I live in San Diego, CA.
Old 1/9/07, 08:41 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Crossss
Hey Ben I was brought out of lurking because of your brackets so thank you. I have a 07 GT500 and i saw earlier someone asking to help you out with the dimensions of the car. Did you get this info yet? If not i can help you out. I'd also like to pick up a bracket because its only a matter of time before a cop pulls me over for no front plate. I live in San Diego, CA.
Hey!

Welcome to TMS! It's a great site enjoy your stay.

I have not seen any close up pictures of the GT500 bumper from underneath (not your normal type of picture.. so I'm not surprised).

But anyway, the measurements I'm looking for are here in this thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...392#post688392

However from what I've seen the lower grille on the GT500 it might make it very difficult if not impossible to install the bracket even if it fit through the honeycomb.

If you can take a look at the instruction manual and let me know what you think.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...te_Bracket.pdf
Old 2/18/07, 10:11 AM

... just ordered a '07 GT ... are your brackets still available ??
Old 2/18/07, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jskibisky
... just ordered a '07 GT ... are your brackets still available ??
At the moment I have to buy more materials, but yes I'm still making them (orders dropped off during the winter.. go figure )

So if ordered today it would probably ship next week (week of Feb 26)
Old 3/5/07, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

im very interested!

hi fasttrack...

im very interested in this.

i have the stock GT fascia now..but will probably upgrade to GT/CS by the summer.

let me know how i should order this from you.

thanks!
Old 3/5/07, 09:32 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi fasttrack...

i have the stock GT fascia now..but will probably upgrade to GT/CS by the summer.

thanks!
Hi all,

I'm still making these, right now it's about a 2 week turn around (I'm very busy at my real job, as I do this in my spare time).

Here's a link which has information as well as a photo and a another link to a ton of photos... Feel free to check out the instruction manual as well..
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...487#post779487

The price is $35 + $7.50US shipping = $42.50

Canada Post increased the postal rates, so I had to add $.50 to the shipping.

My paypal email is: fastrackindustries at gmail dot com

If you want more information please send me a PM,

Thanks
Old 3/6/07, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi fasttrack...

thanks!
These brackets do not seem to fit the GT/CS front end, as the height of the bumper where they attach is different between the GT and GT/CS. I did a quick measurement check on this, as I was thinking of getting the GT/CS bumper at one point.

I could be wrong, so I would leave it to Ben to confirm.
Old 3/6/07, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
These brackets do not seem to fit the GT/CS front end, as the height of the bumper where they attach is different between the GT and GT/CS. I did a quick measurement check on this, as I was thinking of getting the GT/CS bumper at one point.

I could be wrong, so I would leave it to Ben to confirm.
I did not measure the CS bumper, but I did look at it during the Canadian Autoshow, and I do not think the bracket would work.

The CS bumper curves under the bottom in the middle, and since there's no plastic insert there's nothing really for it to clamp to. If the clamp part was just a top part (where my screws/nuts are) and the bracket piece (without the middle-part), and there was weather stripping on the part with the plate... with no spacers... That might work. But did the CS bumper flex alot?
Old 3/6/07, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastrack
But did the CS bumper flex alot?
I don't recall exactly, but I think the answer is 'no'.
Old 3/7/07, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

hi fastrack,

i have an idea for the CS bumper.

Can you put your bracket upside down and put in the middle of the lowering center grill?

this way you doesnt have to come out more to wrap around the upper bumper.

let me know.

thanks!
Old 3/10/07, 02:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thank you Ben, your bracket definitely makes a bad situation bearable.
Attached Thumbnails License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-picture-006.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-picture-008.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-picture-009.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-picture-010.jpg   License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.-picture-015.jpg  

Old 3/10/07, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
Thank you Ben, your bracket definitely makes a bad situation bearable.
Looking GOOD!

In your first picture, it appears that the bracket is bent out a little too far? (The other side looks correct?). Before shipping them I have a template that allows me to check for the correct bend, but I think packing/shipping knocks this off a bit)

I would recommend since you don't have a plate protector to get 3/4" bolts. 1/2" might be enough (I felt it wasn't as it just touches the Nylon part of the lock nut)

The rear wing nuts were meant for installation only but you can leave them on.. (Just keep an eye on them, as they might undo)

How did you find the installation, I think it's a little award the first few times, but after that it's nice and easy!
Old 3/10/07, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You're probably right about the right side being out a bit. I think I did that the other night trying to get the bracket off so I could put the new custom plate on. So far the brackets have been on and off 3 times and it's gotten easier like you said. I did drill the holes on the L shape bar a bit bigger in the rear because it was a fight to get off the first time, even after the wing nut and lock nut was off. All 3 times though the wing nut was tight so I'm not too worried.

Thanks again!
Old 3/10/07, 09:05 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
You're probably right about the right side being out a bit. I think I did that the other night trying to get the bracket off so I could put the new custom plate on. So far the brackets have been on and off 3 times and it's gotten easier like you said. I did drill the holes on the L shape bar a bit bigger in the rear because it was a fight to get off the first time, even after the wing nut and lock nut was off. All 3 times though the wing nut was tight so I'm not too worried.

Thanks again!
Oh okay, yeah I've even enlarged the hole since I my first bracket for your very reason. Good to know about the wing nuts!

I might test going to the next size up for the holes, I didn't want the hole too large as I thought it would flop around...

Anyway .. Thanks for the pics!
Old 3/11/07, 01:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

well hoping to get a new take-off front bumper without the holes drilled, so i might be ordering this time, d @ mn the dealer really made a mess trying to drill the holes, i think i need to check the foam in the back of the bumper too
Old 3/11/07, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
well hoping to get a new take-off front bumper without the holes drilled, so i might be ordering this time, d @ mn the dealer really made a mess trying to drill the holes, i think i need to check the foam in the back of the bumper too
Wow... your gonna order Let me know.. HEHE
Old 3/23/07, 03:53 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Still Producing these, with a possible V6 bracket coming soon

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of shipping 5 brackets, but I just bought more materials enough for 20 brackets (I'm only 2 ahead of the orders however).

I have had quite a few people show interest in a V6 bracket, I'll probably be renting a V6 for the day and size up a bracket.. Keep an eye out.

The pricing from the other pages has gone up a bit since Canada Post raised shipping:

The plate bracket comes standard with 1" plate bolts. When ordering please specify if you want 1" or 3/4" plate bolts.
- 1" bolts if your using a license plate frame or a plate cover.
- 3/4" bolts if your just using the plate

US:
$35US bracket + $7.50US shipping = $42.50US ($43.50 if you want both bolt lengths)

Canada if paying in Canadian funds -- NOTE: This is shipping to B.C - SHipping to Canada seems to variable so please PM or email your postal code
$41cdn + $11 (7 days shipping) or $12 (Express 2 days) = so $51cdn or $52cdn ($52 or $53 if you want both bolt lengths)

My paypal email that I post on public forums is fastrackindustries @ gmail dot com

If you want more information please send me a PM or an email at the address above.

Just a reminder that I am not a company but someone that does this in their spare time, so expect a 2 week turn around until I make extras (it's hard to keep up!)

I will also now be including 2 extra 10-24 Nylon Lock nuts (so you can fasten it to the car with 2 nuts on each section instead of 1..). I'll still include the Wing Nuts as well to ease in the installation. I'm not including the extra nuts, because I feel it's s safty issue, some customers have said "why not use 2 nuts on each stud.... it's just added security... so.."

Installation Instructions:
http://fastrack.redirectme.net:30923...te_Bracket.pdf OR http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/10...te_Bracket.pdf

Pictures of the bracket:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...579#post757579

Thanks,
Old 3/24/07, 12:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im in since I just got a ticket for no plates!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: License Plate Bracket - Custom Made by Me.