05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Let's see your aftermarket hood

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/08, 04:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Always loved the Saleen hood and it looks great on your car. It will even look better after you get the stripes sorted out.
Old 1/6/08, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love that Steeda cowl hood. Actually pretty much all the hoods in this thread look incredible.
Old 1/6/08, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tomorrow my car goes to the shop for intallation of a Cervini Concept hood. Also intalling a Legend front splitter. I'll post pics when it's all done, probably by midweek!
Old 1/7/08, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
hawg, that color is bad@$$
Well thanks... but I must confess. The color is torch red. Just for whatever reason my camera makes it look orange-ish. If I use the wife's camera, it turns out a really dark red.

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
hawg, can you get a shaker to work with that hood or does it stick up too far for it to look good???
I really don't know. The cowl is about an inch or so higher than stock. You could probably get it to work with some sort of spacers or something under the shaker piece.

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
It will even look better after you get the stripes sorted out.
Gonna pull the stripes off this week. Had too much other stuff going on over the weekend to get to it. But in the mean time I did a little photochopping. This should give ya an idea what it will end up like.
Old 1/7/08, 07:50 PM

Love the CA Dream Hood Backafter20! Have you had it long? Any issues with it. I'm starting to get the itch...
More pictures please - would like to see some more views of that one
Old 1/7/08, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by lreesey
Love the CA Dream Hood Backafter20! Have you had it long? Any issues with it. I'm starting to get the itch...
More pictures please - would like to see some more views of that one
I love that hood too! It is what I wanted, then the Steeda hood fell into my lap for 300 already painted my color, I could not pass it up.
Old 1/11/08, 03:57 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a quick shot of the intalled Cervini Concept hood.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-img_0465_1.jpg  
Old 1/12/08, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cervini's Heat Extractor

This is mine.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-side2.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-side3.jpg  
Old 1/12/08, 09:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Which hood(s) fix the hood flutter problem? I like the looks of the Saleen the best but the vents do not look functional. Also is it aluminium or fiberglass?

I also like Cervini's heat extractor hood too.
Old 1/12/08, 09:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
The after market hoods seem to get worse with flutter. Hood pins are highly recommended
Old 1/12/08, 09:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Which hood(s) fix the hood flutter problem? I like the looks of the Saleen the best but the vents do not look functional. Also is it aluminium or fiberglass?

I also like Cervini's heat extractor hood too.
The vents are completely functional. Look at the last picture I posted in post #32, the one with the hood open. You can see the duct work and the vent work on the underside of the hood that leads to the vents in the top of the hood. It is a heat extracting hood.

The one I have is fiberglass. I got a rediculous deal on it from a guy on ebay that was local to me and didn't want to ship it anywhere. So basically I was the only one that bid on it and got it for my opening bid. I have less in the hood and the paint than the hood should have cost.
Saleen also makes an aluminum version of the same hood. It is the one they put on their factory cars. But the are outrageously expensive.
Old 1/13/08, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hawgman
The vents are completely functional. Look at the last picture I posted in post #32, the one with the hood open. You can see the duct work and the vent work on the underside of the hood that leads to the vents in the top of the hood. It is a heat extracting hood.
I see it now, I didn't realize at first that the air goes in the middle near the front then exits up the vent. Do you have any hood flutter? And did you with the stock hood?

I get it pretty bad and it drives me crazy because I've never had a car with a hood prblem like this and I have driven some real boxes in my time. I was driving down a two lane road the other day and a semi passed me and I thought the hood was going to fly right off! I was going 60 mph and every truck that passed did the same thing.
Old 1/13/08, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are pics of my Trufiber venom hood.......obviously not painted yet. Great fit and no flutter at high speeds.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-venomhood-011.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-venomhood-010.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-venomhood-005.jpg  
Old 1/13/08, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Do you have any hood flutter? And did you with the stock hood?
Never had any with the stock hood. And so far I have not noticed any with the Saleen hood. The rubber stops ( on each side, toward the front part of the fender ) are pretty tall on my car and it closes pretty tight.

I hope it never flutters. I absolutly HATE hood pins.
Old 1/13/08, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hawgman
Never had any with the stock hood. And so far I have not noticed any with the Saleen hood. The rubber stops ( on each side, toward the front part of the fender ) are pretty tall on my car and it closes pretty tight.

I hope it never flutters. I absolutly HATE hood pins.
I'm not a big fan of hood pins myself either. I really don't understand why the hood flutter is happening because there really isn't any play when the hood is closed, up or down but when the wind is blowing or I'm going at a high rate of speed (70mph plus) it just dances.
Old 1/13/08, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by OKLACOP
Here are pics of my Trufiber venom hood.......obviously not painted yet. Great fit and no flutter at high speeds.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I have the GTS2 hood and it ran great on the highway with NO flutter at all. The past few weeks if theres any gusty winds or mild winds, or heck doing over 80-90mph the hood dances. So I went from 0 movement to a rockstar. (no offense, just trying to be informative)

Hood pins are a must if you drive highways often IMO. I'll get them soon as I have to commute farther to go to school.
Old 1/13/08, 09:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Be safe then be sorry...

I like to play it safe. Just dont wanna gamble with my life.
Old 1/13/08, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Hood pins are a must if you drive highways often IMO. I'll get them soon as I have to commute farther to go to school.
While this may be the case with our cars I think it's ridiculous. Do you see any German cars with hood pins? I can drive in the same conditions at the same rate of speed all day in my Grand Prix with no hood flutter at all.

What is the problem?
Old 1/14/08, 12:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Love your hood Hawgman. I'd love to get one, but I can't really contemplate paying for it, much less the Aluminum one.

Flutter is one of the biggest reasons I'm apprehensive about buying a fiberglass or CF hood.
Old 1/14/08, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

My stock OEM hood had flutter above 80 mph, and one time at 110mph, the hood popped up but the latch held it from opening all the way. The new Cervini has the same flutter above 80 mph. I might adjust the stops.

Quick Reply: Let's see your aftermarket hood