05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Let's see your aftermarket hood

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/08, 03:46 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's ours from SEMA - it's a suncoast hood that we now offer, functional ram-air design.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-3019758783_5acf6e340c_o-1-.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-img_6028.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-3019758845_349af29bd6_o-1-.jpg  
Old 11/18/08, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread back to the top. I've run out of ideas for visual mods. I have the CS front, and will probably have it painted this winter (maybe, as I still like my CDC Classic Chin), but the thought of a hood has me intrigued. Does anyone has pics of a Cervini's '67 Style Hood? That's the one that would look go with the theme of my car, a '67 Shelby GT350 Tribute. I know Temple Performance uses these hoods for their Legend Cars, but I want to hear of anyone who has this hood, if they had any issues with it, in terms of quality, or issues with prep work needed. Thanks for the info.
Old 11/18/08, 08:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Here's ours from SEMA - it's a suncoast hood that we now offer, functional ram-air design.
Wow, that is a very nice hood that compliments the car well.
Old 11/18/08, 08:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thanks to whoever bumped this thread back to the top. I've run out of ideas for visual mods. I have the CS front, and will probably have it painted this winter (maybe, as I still like my CDC Classic Chin), but the thought of a hood has me intrigued. Does anyone has pics of a Cervini's '67 Style Hood? That's the one that would look go with the theme of my car, a '67 Shelby GT350 Tribute. I know Temple Performance uses these hoods for their Legend Cars, but I want to hear of anyone who has this hood, if they had any issues with it, in terms of quality, or issues with prep work needed. Thanks for the info.

is this the one you're looking for?
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-mustang-hi-res-040.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-welts-028.jpg   Let's see your aftermarket hood-welts-062.jpg  
Old 11/18/08, 09:27 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by george06
Just arrived. Do not sign any papers until you check it. Have a soft drink ready for the driver. lol.

Here are some pictures taken while its being painted at the body shop. It was sanded, primed, sealed, and painted four times due to workmanship of the hood.

Drying in the sun before putting the hood on the car. One week of sun bathing.

Here are some pictures of the car with the hood pins. I asked Boltzman for input on the hood pins and after seeing the photograph he sent, I decided to make a bracket out of 1/4 inch stainless steal because I did not want to remove the whole front of the car. I painted the brackets black and the only thing missing now are the black stripes which will have to wait 'til next week because of rain. I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the rain pans and put a hose in it to drain rain water. I will put them in the trunk and have them ready in case of rain. I didn't want to defeat the purpose of the louvers releasing the heat. Thanks everyone.

Can anyone tell me where in the world these hood pins came from? Love them...
Old 11/19/08, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here are my 2 latest versions. I changed the original Venom for the New version with twist pins and modified the original hood and spiced it up to look a little different for our black one.

Old 11/19/08, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Dougxox
is this the one you're looking for?
Doug, thats not the one. The 67 hood has the 2 small scoops near the back of the hood and they are low profile. See the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Let's see your aftermarket hood-legendmustang.jpg  
Old 11/19/08, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Can anyone tell me where in the world these hood pins came from? Love them...

Black Carbon Fiber Hood Pin Lock Set
Buy new: $59.99 $29.95
In Stock

Here you go ,Amazon.com.Very good workmanship,easy to install.
Old 11/19/08, 06:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Just be careful with pins like that - they are "supplementary" to the stock latch - I would not recommend retaining the hood only with them, as the only part holding the hood down is the roll pin that acts to engage the lock cylinder to the top of the pin.

Just sayin'...
Old 11/20/08, 05:57 PM

allright you got my attention with that hood your offering.
Do you have any shots with the hood up? And does it require the hood pins?
I am starting to get the new hood itch
Old 11/20/08, 07:03 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Just be careful with pins like that - they are "supplementary" to the stock latch - I would not recommend retaining the hood only with them, as the only part holding the hood down is the roll pin that acts to engage the lock cylinder to the top of the pin.

Just sayin'...
Interesting, I appreciate you letting me know. So the question is between the two, which would you pick?
Old 11/20/08, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just sayin'...
No matter which one you use they are all "secondary" to the oem latch.
Old 11/21/08, 08:44 AM
Legacy Tms Member

On a street car, I'd agree. On the race cars, we (and Ford and others) tend to go with pins like the Sparco units, which I have personally tested and know will retain the hood under the conditions a race car encounters, which is normally in excess of a street car's aero requirements. Of course on the 05+ cars, Ford learned the hard way (and I was there to see it) that 4 pins is much better than 2, which would be normal for most race cars.

That said, on a street car where theft, vandalism, etc.. can be issues, I recommend leaving the stock mechanism in place in addition to any hood pins you might add.

Perry, I have underside shots hiding around here somewhere - it's fully finished, looks nice, and diverts the air to the stock location. While it does not require hood pins, I just like that it keeps flutter to a minimum and looks pretty sweet to boot On edit - I looked, and the shots are all close-ups of the hood pin install for an upcoming tech article - I'll have to get a couple shots for you, but it looks nice, and no logos or names molded into it either!

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 11/21/08 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11/21/08, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Here are my 2 latest versions. I changed the original Venom for the New version with twist pins and modified the original hood and spiced it up to look a little different for our black one.

I asked in the other thread .... but who makes the black version hood ?...... and where can i purchase it money is in hand dang it...

Last edited by armycook1981; 11/21/08 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11/24/08, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by armycook1981
I asked in the other thread .... but who makes the black version hood ?...... and where can i purchase it money is in hand dang it...

If you are talking about the pictures of the black mustang in a few of Mellowyellows threads, it is evidently another type of hood from trufiber that has yet to come out. I'm thinking that since the first hood (Venom) looks like the King of the Road hood, this is another style that is suppose to resemble the Super Snake one, though I am only guessing.

If you cant get a reply/response from mellow (or dont feel like waiting) call Phil directly at Trufiber and ask. He is very accommodating and I got no indication that going through anyone is required or necessary (though I might be mistaken). The number I reached him at is 714-451-1444.

Please post any information that you might get so that it would be available for anyone else who might be interested.

Andretti
Old 11/25/08, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ive PM'd armycook already.
Old 12/18/08, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah i totally forgot about this thread. Had it confused with supersnake your stang i think.

Anyways I purchased the "SS" style venom hood from trufiber a few weeks back shop has it already but its gonna be a month or so before im able to get it painted.
Old 12/18/08, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Marcello, if I still have my car this spring, I'm going to have to pick that hood up. It's like the Cali Dreamer hood, but better. I liked the scoop idea on the Cali Dreamer hood, but didn't like the lines. I was really wanting the CDC 69 Mach 1 style hood, but this will come out cheaper and support you.
Old 12/20/08, 01:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jcode68
Here's a pic of my Cervini ram air hood:

Dam nice car!!!
Old 12/20/08, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Marcello, which Suncoast hood is that and when will you having pricing available as these are not on your website yet?

Quick Reply: Let's see your aftermarket hood