05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 3, 2006, 8:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Soon. We're working on getting what we want at a price we feel is fair. Making them for 300.00 a set is not what I feel is fair to customers, so I have to get that down... a LOT. As soon as we get there though, we'll let everyone know.
[/b][/quote]

$300.00 !! Oh no! I am sure you will get that price down... a LOT. Now Marcello, how about a pic teaser of what they will look like? Come on. Don't keep us in suspense! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06, 07:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good old fashioned [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06, 07:59 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k5GTC @ February 7, 2006, 3:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good old fashioned [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Thanks, I was going to do just that later today, if nothing came up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/7/06, 11:44 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, soon on the bezel pictures. But don't hold your breath, I don't need anyone passing out on my account....

Actually, the hood may be on the market earlier, and I'm under agreement not to show it until it's actually in stock! I can tell you though that I saw the plug Friday and Saturday, and it looks really, really nice. It's not butchered, and it is tastefully added to the car, not just slapped in. There's a lot of subtle changes made to make it "right" on the car, and we're working on a fully-functional version complete with a custom tune from Superchips to go with it as a package for those who are interested! There's more for the body, but they aren't in stock / done yet either...

In another note, thanks to everyone! We have really taken off here, and that is what is slowing us down a little, as we never expected to be so busy. It's a good thing, but we don't want to put out any substandard stuff because we're rushed for time. Since we also don't want to delay delivery of existing products (Honeycomb and Fuel Doors for 94-06), it's delaying the new stuff. But rest assured it is coming.

Trust me, replying to all the message boards at 2:00am wasn't on my list of "want to do's" given the choice... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 12:47 AM
Legacy Tms Member

<div align="center">NEW CONTEST FOR ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS</div>

Starting in the May issue of Mustang Enthusiast, we will be including one of our customer's cars in our magazine ads! This is your chance to get some free ink on your car! While all images might eventually be used, since we are cramped for space in our ad right now, we are currently looking for the following shot:

It must be a straight on to slightly offset rear shot of your car, angled from eye level to slightly below.

Image must be of good photographic quality, and shot with a minimum 4Mpixel camera in good lighting.

Control the background - the less the better!

As much as we'd like them, no ladies in the pictures, unless they sign photo releases.

To prove we're not kidding, our first winner is:

Bob K. owner of a Sonic (maybe Vista) Blue coupe with shelby stripes.

And there were other good shots, this just happened to be the first one we picked.

There will be another next month!

Good shots of both our honeycomb and fuel door clearly visible with good detail will definitely get bumped to the top of the pile for consideration in a different ad layout!!

Bring it on!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 8, 2006, 12:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, soon on the bezel pictures. But don't hold your breath, I don't need anyone passing out on my account....

Actually, the hood may be on the market earlier, and I'm under agreement not to show it until it's actually in stock! I can tell you though that I saw the plug Friday and Saturday, and it looks really, really nice. It's not butchered, and it is tastefully added to the car, not just slapped in. There's a lot of subtle changes made to make it "right" on the car, and we're working on a fully-functional version complete with a custom tune from Superchips to go with it as a package for those who are interested! There's more for the body, but they aren't in stock / done yet either...

In another note, thanks to everyone! We have really taken off here, and that is what is slowing us down a little, as we never expected to be so busy. It's a good thing, but we don't want to put out any substandard stuff because we're rushed for time. Since we also don't want to delay delivery of existing products (Honeycomb and Fuel Doors for 94-06), it's delaying the new stuff. But rest assured it is coming.

Trust me, replying to all the message boards at 2:00am wasn't on my list of "want to do's" given the choice... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Ok Marcello. If you keep this up I am going to have to take out a second mortgage on the house to get all this stuff. Can you give us a teeny tiny little hint as to the design of the hood? Ram air like the concept? Single scoop like a skaker? Come on. Please! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 05:43 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well....

I have a really sweet spot for a certain blue 73 Mach 1 that is on my website, and since I don't get to drive it much anymore, I figured....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

That help?

We will have another one soon as well, that will be a bit different than that one too, but again, it's getting stocks to the point where we can officially say yes we have them and they are ready to sell.
Old 2/9/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

i want to install my honeycomb panel but its too cold!! this sucks everyone else has theirs on and i have to wait for mine, and i have to wait to install my taillight bezels and chin spoiler. winter sucks ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 9, 2006, 6:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well....

I have a really sweet spot for a certain blue 73 Mach 1 that is on my website, and since I don't get to drive it much anymore, I figured....

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

That help?

We will have another one soon as well, that will be a bit different than that one too, but again, it's getting stocks to the point where we can officially say yes we have them and they are ready to sell.
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] Alright! Way to go Marcello! I [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] the '71 - '73 Ram Air hoods. My dad had one on his '72 Mach I, though non-functional. Hmmm. I have just the paint scheme to go with it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Juice @ December 29, 2005, 9:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any Black Mustang owners have one yet? I'm on the fence and curious what it would look like on a black GT, Especially a vert.
[/b][/quote]

I'm Still looking for a Black Honeycomb panel.....any pics??
Old 2/9/06, 11:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slowjoe24 @ February 10, 2006, 12:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm Still looking for a Black Honeycomb panel.....any pics??
[/b][/quote]

Well the first customer picture I got was on a black one that's been on our site since we started our customer car section, but here's one from just the other day that went on a local car:

Enjoy!
Old 2/9/06, 11:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 10, 2006, 12:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well the first customer picture I got was on a black one that's been on our site since we started our customer car section, but here's one from just the other day that went on a local car:
Enjoy!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks!!! Looks great..............how about with the chrome tail light bezel also?
Old 2/11/06, 08:12 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Joe,

Don't have a picture of that in black. Anyway, you will want our bezels on your car as soon as they are available! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 11, 2006, 10:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway, you will want our bezels on your car as soon as they are available! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]I'm ready bring, 'em on!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/21/06, 10:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 11, 2006, 10:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm ready bring, 'em on!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I know, me too.

We're looking at another avenue right now that might allow us to get the multiple surface finishes I want on the part without having to machine each one individually. If it works out, it'll be great. It's going to cost a lot more up front, but should bring production costs down. Still made here in the USA too, just by a different process.

Been really busy here, look for the hood to make a debut hopefully by Bradenton. I am sacrificing race weekends early this year to try and hit the shows, which will hopefully translate into enough business to go racing even more later. We're just trying to keep up and not disappoint anyone on our two products right now, looks like after 18 years of playing with cars I might actually get to do this as a living... just have to keep our momentum up.
Old 2/22/06, 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's a pic of mine. It's like PSH with the honeycomb panel and black tail light trim, minus the pony emblem. Great product and service from Marcello at SilverHorse Racing. Looks great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=45689] [attachmentid=45690]
Old 2/23/06, 04:40 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ December 18, 2005, 1:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, I have to work on the navigation a bit. Remember we're transitioning from just being a race team to a lot more, so I have to figure out the most logical way to lay it out. For the moment they landed with all the other pictures, rather than anywhere else.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

** OK **

On edit - I moved customer cars to the main navigation pane, so now you can see them when you just go to the home page. As we release more products, the customer car section will split into sub-pages, but for right now a single page covering every color offered is working out okay.

Of course, we're looking for a picture of a honeycomb panel on a sonic blue car to round out our color wheel.
[/b][/quote]

Just sent a picture of my '05 Sonic Blue GT to your website. Feel free to post it. Let me know is you would like any other angles. I hve other shots in my gallery. Joe
Old 2/23/06, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BLT2RUN @ February 22, 2006, 2:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here's a pic of mine. It's like PSH with the honeycomb panel and black tail light trim, minus the pony emblem. Great product and service from Marcello at SilverHorse Racing. Looks great [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=45689] [attachmentid=45690]
[/b][/quote]

Nice additions John......keep up the good work!
Old 3/3/06, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverHorseRacing @ February 8, 2006, 7:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]

I'm breathing every now and then, but I'm still anxiously waiting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 01:15 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Louie @ March 3, 2006, 9:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bump.gif[/img]

I'm breathing every now and then, but I'm still anxiously waiting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Does anyone have a good method for cleaning the honeycomb rear cover? I have even gone to q-tips but it is hard to keep the dirt out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ABS Honeycomb taillight panel - SilverHorse Racing