Notices
Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

GT500 could do 11.5!

Old 6/8/05, 11:31 PM
  #81  
GT Member
 
Join Date: October 13, 2004
Posts: 195
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That C6 isn't stock.
Svtstinger is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 09:45 AM
  #82  
Bullitt Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 10, 2005
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah there is noway a c6 can run 11.5 stock that is close to est of what the test mule C6 Z06 is running. Max you said noone has tested the Z06 then you go to say the GT500 will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course if you havent heard noone has tested the GT500 ether and i know you will say well C&D tested they might have tested the mule but not the actual production car and they really never tested it cause in the magazine they never gave actual numbers. What i am trying to say is how do you know it will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course when it isnt even out yet here is a smart idea wait until they both come out and we actually have real numbers not est numbers then make your statement.
iceman241 is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 09:47 AM
  #83  
Bullitt Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 10, 2005
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A c6 is running in the 12s stock they said its about as fast as the z06 that is out right now.
iceman241 is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 09:50 AM
  #84  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
holderca1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,642
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by iceman241@June 9, 2005, 9:48 AM
Yeah there is noway a c6 can run 11.5 stock that is close to est of what the test mule C6 Z06 is running. Max you said noone has tested the Z06 then you go to say the GT500 will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course if you havent heard noone has tested the GT500 ether and i know you will say well C&D tested they might have tested the mule but not the actual production car and they really never tested it cause in the magazine they never gave actual numbers. What i am trying to say is how do you know it will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course when it isnt even out yet here is a smart idea wait until they both come out and we actually have real numbers not est numbers then make your statement.
Because we are controlled in life by this thing called physics.
holderca1 is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 10:13 AM
  #85  
Bullitt Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 10, 2005
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try telling that to sknapp or did you read his article about how the GT can keep up with the enzo even though the enzo has 650hp and the GT has 550hp and the GT wieghs more then the enzo but yet it still can keep up with it how is that . The same goes for the GT500 and the z06 and like sknapp said the FordGT engine is very close to the GT500 engine i dont see why it wouldnt be able to keep up with the Z06 if that is the case. Also whatever hp they give it say 475hp even if it is higher then that you also have to consider it might be underated so the GT500 might very well have 500 or more hp.
iceman241 is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 10:22 AM
  #86  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
max2000jp's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 2, 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by iceman241@June 9, 2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah there is noway a c6 can run 11.5 stock that is close to est of what the test mule C6 Z06 is running. Max you said noone has tested the Z06 then you go to say the GT500 will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course if you havent heard noone has tested the GT500 ether and i know you will say well C&D tested they might have tested the mule but not the actual production car and they really never tested it cause in the magazine they never gave actual numbers. What i am trying to say is how do you know it will be slower in a straight line and get waxed on a road course when it isnt even out yet here is a smart idea wait until they both come out and we actually have real numbers not est numbers then make your statement.
Simple....

A. The C6 Z06 makes more power and weighs less.
B. The Z06 was built for the track. Look at its specs. The GT500 is more of a match for a C6 in terms of hanlding. The GT500 is bloated at 3800+ lbs, has an SRA, an inferior COG, and inferior weight distribution.
max2000jp is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 01:47 PM
  #87  
Fist of the North Star
TMS Staff
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,443
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I actually feel dumber for reading this thread.

You're comparing a car that hasn't been really tested, to a car that hasn't been tested at all...final form.

You're being a bit TOO optimistic....
Why not settle down until we see concrete numbers. You're fighting a losing battle.
I'm not being a pesimist, I'm being a realist
Boomer is offline  
Old 6/9/05, 07:19 PM
  #88  
Mach 1 Member
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Posts: 874
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 68notch@June 6, 2005, 3:08 PM
The fact is consulting mainstream auto magazines like C&D, Motor Trend, etc. is an unreliable indicator of vehicle performance.
In what respect, exactly? In the real world or at the track? Something tells me that any one of their editors could spank you on a road coarse.
Robert is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 05:54 AM
  #89  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: May 28, 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The GT500 isn't simply a GT motor with a smaller pulley, Ford, in their neverending stupidity pulled a fast one on us all by sticking an Eaton roots blower on the GT500 just like the one in the 03-04 Cobras. No twin screw, which means the thing has no chance keeping up with the ZO6.

But my biggest beef with the thing is how on their top dog Mustang, the frikking Shelby, comes with the exact same seats as are in the V6 model. My Focus has more side bolstering than the new GT500 seats which is pathetic...
Black331 is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 06:04 AM
  #90  
Mach 1 Member
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Posts: 874
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Black331@June 10, 2005, 5:57 AM
The GT500 isn't simply a GT motor with a smaller pulley, Ford, in their neverending stupidity pulled a fast one on us all by sticking an Eaton roots blower on the GT500 just like the one in the 03-04 Cobras. No twin screw, which means the thing has no chance keeping up with the ZO6.

But my biggest beef with the thing is how on their top dog Mustang, the frikking Shelby, comes with the exact same seats as are in the V6 model. My Focus has more side bolstering than the new GT500 seats which is pathetic...
Same seats except with two-tone, is that what you're saying?
Robert is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 06:07 AM
  #91  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
holderca1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,642
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Black331@June 10, 2005, 5:57 AM
The GT500 isn't simply a GT motor with a smaller pulley, Ford, in their neverending stupidity pulled a fast one on us all by sticking an Eaton roots blower on the GT500 just like the one in the 03-04 Cobras. No twin screw, which means the thing has no chance keeping up with the ZO6.
...and it's an iron block instead of aluminum...
holderca1 is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 06:41 AM
  #92  
Bullitt Member
 
68notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Posts: 450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Robert@June 9, 2005, 8:22 PM
In what respect, exactly? In the real world or at the track?
In what respect? Gee. Hmm. Oh, yeah! Quarter-mile performance, which happens to subject of this thread! Better driving can take a car that traps 116 mph into the 11's. Period. As I said in my original post, icemans' estimate was a bit low, but his point was valid: there's more in the GT500 than C&D reports. Since trap speed and ET's are being reported, of course I'm talking about the track. Jeez.

Something tells me that any one of their editors could spank you on a road coarse.
e-Challenges are the lowest form of message board discourse. Or, as you would say, "discoarse."
68notch is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 06:45 AM
  #93  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
holderca1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 3,642
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 68notch@June 10, 2005, 6:44 AM
In what respect? Gee. Hmm. Oh, yeah! Quarter-mile performance, which happens to subject of this thread! Better driving can take a car that traps 116 mph into the 11's. Period. As I said in my original post, icemans' estimate was a bit low, but his point was valid: there's more in the GT500 than C&D reports. Since trap speed and ET's are being reported, of course I'm talking about the track. Jeez.
e-Challenges are the lowest form of message board discourse. Or, as you would say, "discoarse."
Those were estimates, C&D didn't test the car.
holderca1 is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 06:50 AM
  #94  
Bullitt Member
 
68notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Posts: 450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1@June 10, 2005, 7:48 AM
Those were estimates, C&D didn't test the car.
Fair enough.
68notch is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 07:07 AM
  #95  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: May 28, 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robert@June 10, 2005, 6:07 AM
Same seats except with two-tone, is that what you're saying?

Yes, haven't you seen the pics? They are exactly the same other than color..
Black331 is offline  
Old 6/10/05, 07:18 AM
  #96  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: May 28, 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by holderca1@June 10, 2005, 6:10 AM
...and it's an iron block instead of aluminum...

Yes, I know, and it's a fatty, which is why the decision to switch to the Eaton is a real let down. All that weight would still move pretty good with a screw type blower, and a quick pulley change would have it making as much power as a GT or a lot more with an even smaller pulley. It'll still be impressive with the Eaton, just not what it could have for the exact same price.

But I've learned to have low expectations with Ford, otherwise you'll be pretty disappointed on a continual basis, who can forget the heartbreaking cancellation of the Lightning??
Black331 is offline  
Old 6/12/05, 11:35 AM
  #97  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: February 3, 2004
Posts: 240
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dad can kick your dad's butt!! Yah, Yah
jwenger is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Blown CS
For Sale and Wanted
2
12/16/15 01:59 PM
austin101385
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs
3
10/2/15 01:00 PM
GLOCKer
General Mustang Chat
2
9/28/15 05:20 PM
UOP Shadow
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs
6
9/27/15 07:24 AM
JTB
Motorsports
1
9/3/15 10:50 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 could do 11.5!


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.