General Art For your viewing pleasure, Various Art and Photochops Created by our Talented Members.

buffing out iron man

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/08, 12:36 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Grell
I just wondered over to this part of the forum today and have to say your iron man work is amazing. Wish I could have you do my II in a rendering so I could see what I think before I go farther and end up changing my mind after tons of work is done.

Side note, I am so excited for The Iron man movie and Hellboy 2 and most of all Dark Knight. And yes I am a sucker for Speed Racer and Get SMart.

But Dude this is sweet artwork.
Thank you. A II rendering...hmm.

Yeah i can't wait for all the movies this year!! Dark Knight!
Old 3/28/08, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just went and saw Superhero Movie, it was funny and good. It is stupid comedy but still good. If you like Naked Gun and Airplane you will like it.

Yes Knight, a lil rendering lol
Old 9/18/09, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Chris did you ever finish this thing or is it buried under a thousand other drawings on that tablet pc of yours
Old 9/18/09, 10:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I like the light one Chris...

And I'm very impressed.
Old 9/21/09, 09:12 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Thanks guys, yeah i never finished it. I just bought myself a new monitor, a 24" lcd, I really want to get some drawing done.
Old 9/22/09, 09:52 AM

Art school is worthless if you already have the talent to put together a decent portfolio. One-shots, short multi-panel page stories to illustrate your ability to "move" a story, with or without dialogue... gather anything you can put together. Then send the companies what they want. If I had your ability I would shoot for any job in the field. Worst that happens is I still have my day job.
Old 9/22/09, 10:00 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by SteedaMike
Art school is worthless if you already have the talent to put together a decent portfolio. One-shots, short multi-panel page stories to illustrate your ability to "move" a story, with or without dialogue... gather anything you can put together. Then send the companies what they want. If I had your ability I would shoot for any job in the field. Worst that happens is I still have my day job.
Mike, I really appreciate the compliment. That is an idea that I need to take to heart. You're comments along with everyone else does give me extra vigor to get some work done and get it out there. Thanks again.
Old 9/23/09, 12:49 PM
GT Member

The most important thing about formal art schools, IMO, is that they "force' you to focus on your work. It's like you said earlier in the thread, so very often real life gets in the way and keeps you from focusing on making art. When you are going to school and getting a grade it forces you to do the work. It is really hard at times but totally worth it.

I just completed my second MA degree in art, and its damned hard to balance life with the work, but going to school makes it a bit easier because then you don't really have a choice.

Somehow I missed this post originally, but for what its worth you've got a really nice start on the Iron Man piece.
Old 9/24/09, 01:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fantastic work!!
Old 9/25/09, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by V8Mike
The most important thing about formal art schools, IMO, is that they "force' you to focus on your work. It's like you said earlier in the thread, so very often real life gets in the way and keeps you from focusing on making art. When you are going to school and getting a grade it forces you to do the work. It is really hard at times but totally worth it.

I just completed my second MA degree in art, and its damned hard to balance life with the work, but going to school makes it a bit easier because then you don't really have a choice.
That is a true benefit, one which I definitely overlooked. But once you get out of school, those same difficulties you had before can easily re-appear. Time management is the biggest weakness for a lot of people and I never got the training I needed to properly overcome it.

Two masters? Congrats to that! You are clearly gung-ho on your path. That's a great place to be. How much time do give yourself daily for your work?
Old 9/25/09, 10:36 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by V8Mike

Somehow I missed this post originally, but for what its worth you've got a really nice start on the Iron Man piece.
Thanks Mike. I dunno how i would get time to do school. I agree it would help to force you to practice and do work.

Originally Posted by jacostang
Fantastic work!!
Thanks!

That is a true benefit, one which I definitely overlooked. But once you get out of school, those same difficulties you had before can easily re-appear. Time management is the biggest weakness for a lot of people and I never got the training I needed to properly overcome it.

Two masters? Congrats to that! You are clearly gung-ho on your path. That's a great place to be. How much time do give yourself daily for your work?
I dunno where to find time. Trying to balance full time job, getting home at 6 preparing dinner and having dinner with my wife and daughter until 7, then trying to do anything else that needs done, cleaning, laundry, whatever and spending time with my daughter until she goes to bed which isn't normally until 9:30-10. By that time I can't even start on somthing since as soon as I get inspired on somthing i have to go to bed and wake up at 6 to start the day again.

Only time i really have to draw is at work while i am doing things and sometimes on the weekends.
Old 9/25/09, 01:41 PM
GT Member

My wife and I are expecting our first kid in December so I'm sure this is going to change a lot very soon, but for the last few years I try to work 2-3 hours a day on art. Being an art teacher does allow a lot of time to work on my own work during the day, which is great.
Old 9/27/09, 09:02 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I usually draw during my lunch break at work....