General Art For your viewing pleasure, Various Art and Photochops Created by our Talented Members.

Another tattoo idea thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/09, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another tattoo idea thread

I've been trying to come up with a good design for a tattoo and can't come up with any specifics, just a general idea... I always said I wanted my first tattoo to be family, religious, or patriotic. Well, I missed that chance and got an unrelated tattoo about 2 years ago, so it's time to make right and get the next one. I want something that will fill the family/patriotic role.

General background, I'm 4th generation military, 3rd generation Air Force. Great granddad was Navy during WWII, granddad was AF, retired as a TSgt, served in the Korean War. Mom and Dad are both retired SNCO's, Uncle just retired as a Chief, and now I'm almost 7 years into my own career, and have 2 cousins that are in the Army.

I kinda want to have a montage if you will... My granddad absolutely loved Eagles, and while I'd want to incorporate that somehow, I don't want just another eagle & flag tattoo. I honestly was trying to come up with a way to maybe show something that was unique to the Air Force during the different generations of my family. But that's where my ideas stop.

Can anyone help? or throw out some ideas I might not have thought of?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 11/13/09, 08:02 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I would go to a good tattoo shop and talk to the main person. Tell him or her what your ideals are. I'm sure they will come up with something you want. Ask around for peoples opinions on who is the best tattoo artist in your area.
Old 11/21/09, 07:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If it were me, I'd start out maybe considering a design combining the classic Army Air Corps/Air Force emblem from the WWII/Korea emblem with the new one something like this:

The current emblem looks awesome with a bit of detail imho: