V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

What do you guys want for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/07, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the muffler part of the mac kit are just gt axlebacks. you could have just replaced the mufflers and sold the mufflers as gt axlebacks. And then you can just put the mufflers on that you want.
Old 2/8/07, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nonstopred
the muffler part of the mac kit are just gt axlebacks. you could have just replaced the mufflers and sold the mufflers as gt axlebacks. And then you can just put the mufflers on that you want.
Yes I knowbut at the time I only had a single MAC, but I have grab this opportunity of using a cheap pair (free) GT Take-offs to go with a dual setup.

Eventually I will upgrade the GT Take-offs with something else...
Old 2/8/07, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

O i thought you had the dual kit. My misunderstanding sorry.
Old 2/14/07, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's a pic of the kit from Ninosport. It's well built and very nice, the welds are very good and the pipes are very good quality.

It even came the the OEM Ford hanger (not shown) and as you can see I'll put it on with two GT takeoff.

Unfortunately it's not completed because of an issue with the shipping company but Nino and his team were very good at helping me resolving the matter.

You guys should really consider this option if you plan going duals on your V6.

I'll try to send more pictures of the install when it's completed...
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys want for exhaust?-ninosport-kit.jpg  
Old 2/15/07, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

what paint did u use for the muffs?
Old 2/27/07, 10:40 PM

So heres is my experience with the Nino kit.

Unless you want to cut your midpipe go ahead and take it to the local exhaust shop. I tried and tried with no luck. It may come out if you remove the driveshaft but I did not take it that far.

Took the car to local Midas shop where I was charged 75.00 for the install. The manager at the Midas shp was quite impressed with the quality of the kit. Asked me who the supplier was, how much it costs etc...
That being said the tech did have to take about an inch off one of the pipes to get the system to fit right.

So how does it sound???

I've got the GT takeoffs from Casco and I'm very happy with the sound. It doesn't quite sound like the GT but it does have that nice rumble that GT's have, especially just off idle.

Some rattles but nothing that I'm going to complain about. If I spend a little bit of time fine tuning I get the feeling I may be able to get rid of them.

And of course the 2 pipes do look way better than 1!!!
Old 2/28/07, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

nice
post a sound clip of it

I think the reason you cant get the pipes out is because you need to jack up the car and not the rear end. had the same trouble on my brothers dual exhaust install on his 04. We ended up just cutting it with a reciprocating saw.....will you ever use that pipe again...no and if u need it its gonna be 80 bux and thats what you have to pay midas to put the exhaust on soo

Sounds like you like it...Im waiting for them to come off of backorder though... I tried placing an order but the coupon code wouldnt take....is this a gliche or is this not allowed
Old 2/28/07, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Don's P-51
So heres is my experience with the Nino kit.

Unless you want to cut your midpipe go ahead and take it to the local exhaust shop. I tried and tried with no luck. It may come out if you remove the driveshaft but I did not take it that far.

Took the car to local Midas shop where I was charged 75.00 for the install. The manager at the Midas shp was quite impressed with the quality of the kit. Asked me who the supplier was, how much it costs etc...
That being said the tech did have to take about an inch off one of the pipes to get the system to fit right.

So how does it sound???

I've got the GT takeoffs from Casco and I'm very happy with the sound. It doesn't quite sound like the GT but it does have that nice rumble that GT's have, especially just off idle.

Some rattles but nothing that I'm going to complain about. If I spend a little bit of time fine tuning I get the feeling I may be able to get rid of them.

And of course the 2 pipes do look way better than 1!!!
What was the problem for the tech to cut the pipe ?

Have you kept your V6 cover ? , if yes are the pipes exceeding a lot at the back ?

Post a pic !
Old 3/5/07, 09:39 PM

I did cut the V-6 cover. Not that difficult to do. Biggest problem is getting the courage up. Doesn't look bad actually. Tips stick out about 3" on drivers side, 2.5" on passenger.
Had to take about an inch of the drivers side of the y pipe to get things to fit. Maybe a little less. Again not suprising with a new exhaust system.

I seem to remember on some other forum where some one had to take something of the exhaust system to get it to fit.
Old 3/8/07, 04:23 AM
GT Member

I am interresting in this Y pipe from ninosport, but I have a few questions:
1. @Kamicosmos: Is the rattle problem solved? What was the reason?
2. Is this exhaust system (with GT take-off mufflers) louder as a single axleback (I have JBA)? because i am not looking in a loud system but in a exhaust with a nice deep note (and of course a better look with the two end pipes sticking out)
3. Do you have drone?
4. Has someone of you the JBA dual (with Y pipe) already installed and what are your experience with it (sound, drone..)

Thanks for all your answers
Dan
Old 3/14/07, 10:50 PM
GT Member

cutting the V6 cover for the duals

When I cut mine, I made a template of the other side and transfered, then cut it with a moto tool with a cutting bit it turned out real nice, most people don't even notice it. I have the magna flow duals.
Old 3/15/07, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looking good Don! Did you use the Ninosport conversion kit? If so are you having any of the rattles already mentioned?
Old 9/29/07, 07:52 AM
GT Member

older thread living again...

Has someone sound clips of his dual system with de Y "ninosport-pipe"?
(Dineau, as-tu des photos ou un un clip de ton installation?)

What are your experience with it after all these months??

Thanks
Old 9/30/07, 12:09 AM
GT Member

update

just wanted to mention I bought an X pipe from pypes at mustang week in Myrtle beach ( 100.00 ) and added a Gt bump that I found on ebay cheap and already my color, with the magna flow exhaust I get so many compliments on the sound, I'm trying to figure out a rig to mount my digital to get a sound clip under exceleration not revving in the driveway. Oh! no rattles, exhaust is solid
Old 9/30/07, 01:56 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ninosport
I'd like to find out what you guys are looking for in an exhaust system for the V6. There are a lot of choices for those wanting to simply change the single muffler, but for those doing a dual exhaust things are a little more involved.

1. For dual exhaust kits, is it more popular to trim the bumper or are most of you getting GT bumpers?
I will personally be going w/ a take-off GT bumper

2. If you are going to do a dual exhaust, would you consider going with a bolt-on Y-pipe adapter that splits the exhaust into two? This option has the benefit of not requiring any cutting or welding of the stock Y-pipe so it's a simple, clean install with zero chance of error.
More interested in H/X pipes

Or, do most of you want an H-pipe or X-pipe like the GT? This option requires cutting the stock Y-pipe so it's a little more involved and there are more chances of error if done improperly.
Above

We (Ninosport) are putting together a dual conversion package for the Mustang V6 and we want to know what you guys want. We are ready to release the Y-pipe adapter dual conversion package which will allow you to install any dual axle-back muffler that is available for the GT. But we're also considering getting some H-pipes and X-pipes manufactured for those that want to go that route. Please post your comments and opinions below.
Do some H/pipe conversions.

Thanks,
-Nino
I will personally be going w/ a take-off GT bumper
More interested in H/X pipes
Do some H/pipe conversions...i think a lot of people will take notice of that.