V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

What do you guys want for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/06, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoL I know ... I was just answering the question in the Topic line

I want a single axle-back exhaust ...

Theres tons of them out there. Just look around and Im sure youll find something.
Old 12/31/06, 12:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Kamicosmos, how was the quality of the clips supplied in the kit, are they sturdy enough ? Any leaks ?

Any pictures from the completed istallation ?

How long are the OEM GT mufflers tips exceeding the bumper valence with this kit ?
The hangers are the factory hangers, so quality is great. The pipes were nicely finished, cuts were smooth, welds were tight. I do have quite a bit of rattle coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. I have been under it several times, and everything is still tight and rock solid. But, it's not that bad. I mean, it's not like my Jeep! That thing is a rattle trap! No leaks that I can find when I run my hand around the joints.

The exhaust tips stick out about 3-3.5 inches or so. I personally love the look with them sticking out. Retains the stock look, but at the same time lets people know that 'something' has been done to the car. Gives it a nice subtle serious look. Sound is great, nice and balanced, no drone to speak of.

Here's a pic. It's not real great cause it was taken in the garage. I hope to get the car outside this week for better pics, but the rain has been pretty steady.

I'll also try to get a pic of the assembly under the car, too. Ihave to change the oil this week, so I'll be under it anyway.
Old 12/31/06, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You say you have rattles ?

Was the clearance OK with the new pipes or was it thight in some area ?

Is tha rattle at the back or under the car, it happen to me when I installed my MAC the muffler bracket was almost touching the frame and when my engine was at low RPM it was touching a bit. I had to bend the bracket a bit.
Old 12/31/06, 06:07 PM
V6 Member

Clearance seemed fine all around. But, I haven't really gotten back under there to feel around. It might be touching something though, cause it even rattles when sitting at a stoplight, for example. A friend suggested a similar idea, he said I might have to loosen it all up and move it around a bit. Could be touching somewhere, or maybe just some funky harmonics making it vibrate, too. I'll hopefully figure it out this week.
Old 1/1/07, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keep us updated as my kit is on his way and would be nice to avoid doing it twice to fix rattles.

Looking forward for your inputs
Old 1/10/07, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Kamicosmos any update on your rattles ?

And did you have clearance issue with your exhaust ? I read on may Forums thes days about going with GT exhaust and a couple of guys complained about the exhaust touching the bumper cover. Is this true ?

Thanks,
Old 1/10/07, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

you will need to cut the bumper
Old 1/12/07, 09:05 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, you have to cut the bumper for the exhaust. There isn't an opening on the stock V6 bumper skirt. Easy enough though, just make a template out of cardboard by tracing the passenger side out let. Measure about 10 times on the drivers side to line up the template, then let the dremel go to work.

I went back underneath a couple times, and everything is still tight, and I can't see any rubbing going on. It still rattles, but not quite as bad as it was (or, I'm just getting used to it.)
Old 1/16/07, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

No one else went with thie Ninosport conversion kit ?

Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and still no product shipped, anyone with experience with thes folks ?
Old 1/18/07, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

Sorry for the delay in shipping out these last few orders. The holidays have compounded our back order situation so we are backed up. We expect to have some kits ready to ship in 1-2 weeks. We don't charge anyone for the kits until they ship.

-Nino
Old 1/30/07, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kamicosmos
Yeah, you have to cut the bumper for the exhaust. There isn't an opening on the stock V6 bumper skirt. Easy enough though, just make a template out of cardboard by tracing the passenger side out let. Measure about 10 times on the drivers side to line up the template, then let the dremel go to work.

I went back underneath a couple times, and everything is still tight, and I can't see any rubbing going on. It still rattles, but not quite as bad as it was (or, I'm just getting used to it.)
So have you figured out the rattle situation? Im seriously about to order this kit, but i dont feel like adding more rattles to the car.
Old 1/30/07, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Still waiting for Kamicosmos to come back with his findings !

It's hard to beleive that the kit itself would cause rattles, I would look into things like cheap clips, loose clips or missaligned pipes that would touch the body or something else.

Anyway, this didn't stop me me from ordering my kit and it's on his way right now....
Old 1/30/07, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Still waiting for Kamicosmos to come back with his findings !

It's hard to beleive that the kit itself would cause rattles, I would look into things like cheap clips, loose clips or missaligned pipes that would touch the body or something else.

Anyway, this didn't stop me me from ordering my kit and it's on his way right now....
Let me know how everything goes with the install. Ive been going back and worth on wether to order this or not.
Old 1/30/07, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeh its either this with the flowmasters or the jba with the y pipe. Jbas are cheaper...but they are aluminized and dont sound as good, and this kit is stainless and the flowmasters sound sick on the v6.
Old 1/30/07, 09:59 PM
V6 Member

im a v6 owner what happen to the single single shelby GT exhaust?????
Old 1/30/07, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe out of stock...instead of posting out of stock they remove it and scare me into thinking they will never sell it again
Old 1/31/07, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor

We shipped all our back orders today. Thank you for your patience.
Old 2/7/07, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kamicosmos
Clearance seemed fine all around. But, I haven't really gotten back under there to feel around. It might be touching something though, cause it even rattles when sitting at a stoplight, for example. A friend suggested a similar idea, he said I might have to loosen it all up and move it around a bit. Could be touching somewhere, or maybe just some funky harmonics making it vibrate, too. I'll hopefully figure it out this week.
Hey Kamicosmos, have you solved you rattles ?
I was discussing with another forum user today that has also installed this kit and also suffering from rattles, so your inputs can help him and myself as I'm planning to finally install mine this weekend.

I'd be surprised that the tubes themselves would cause rattles, but alignment issues could cause the muffler hanger to touch the frame. it happend to me when I installed the MAC exhaust on mine.

Thanks,
Old 2/7/07, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you had the mac exhaust you couldve just boughten a gt axleback system.. that's all the kit looks to be...a mac minus the mufflers.

If it rattles it would kill me. Is there some guarrantee on these kits that they fit properly?
Old 2/7/07, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by nonstopred
If you had the mac exhaust you couldve just boughten a gt axleback system.. that's all the kit looks to be...a mac minus the mufflers.

If it rattles it would kill me. Is there some guarrantee on these kits that they fit properly?
I have sold my MAC because of the Drone at 2,500 RPM that was driving me nuts.

I hope the GT take-off (with the dual setup) won't have that anoying drone, but I want to make sure I don't trade a Drone for a rattle !!!

Quick Reply: What do you guys want for exhaust?