V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

What do you guys want for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/06, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys want for exhaust?

I'd like to find out what you guys are looking for in an exhaust system for the V6. There are a lot of choices for those wanting to simply change the single muffler, but for those doing a dual exhaust things are a little more involved.

1. For dual exhaust kits, is it more popular to trim the bumper or are most of you getting GT bumpers?

2. If you are going to do a dual exhaust, would you consider going with a bolt-on Y-pipe adapter that splits the exhaust into two? This option has the benefit of not requiring any cutting or welding of the stock Y-pipe so it's a simple, clean install with zero chance of error.

Or, do most of you want an H-pipe or X-pipe like the GT? This option requires cutting the stock Y-pipe so it's a little more involved and there are more chances of error if done improperly.

We (Ninosport) are putting together a dual conversion package for the Mustang V6 and we want to know what you guys want. We are ready to release the Y-pipe adapter dual conversion package which will allow you to install any dual axle-back muffler that is available for the GT. But we're also considering getting some H-pipes and X-pipes manufactured for those that want to go that route. Please post your comments and opinions below.

Thanks,
-Nino
Old 11/22/06, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I am shopping for duals right now. I will probably notch my bumper rather than get the GT bumper but that is personal preference. I've seen a lot of both options on the road. If it was not so much money I'd get the California Special rear but the cost of it plus having to get it painted is more than I want to spend.
I am looking at an H-pipe. There are differing opinions on this as well. Some people say the H-pipe give you more of a low growl. I do not like the systems that simply bolt onto the existing Y-pipe and then split in two. I prefer a system like JBA has, the "true dual" #50-2631. I priced it from you without the mufflers (50-2631X) but the cost Chuy gave is very pricey. I will most likely end up getting the enitre system with mufflers off eBay since it's available for under $500 and then I'll have extra mufflers if/when I need them.
Old 11/22/06, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor

What mufflers are you going with?
Old 11/22/06, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I have a set of GT take offs that I bought when I first got the car. The passenger side muffler has been on from the beginning.
Old 11/22/06, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hacking the bumper like I've seen looks... like it's been hacked. I'll go with a GT bumper when I get to that point. As for sound... "deep and throaty." That's tough for a V6, but you asked. As to duals... well, I'm actually thinking about headers. I'm not sure, but the focus is on a freely-flowing exhaust, money being the deciding factor.
Old 11/23/06, 06:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Sniper308
Hacking the bumper like I've seen looks... like it's been hacked. I'll go with a GT bumper when I get to that point. As for sound... "deep and throaty." That's tough for a V6, but you asked. As to duals... well, I'm actually thinking about headers. I'm not sure, but the focus is on a freely-flowing exhaust, money being the deciding factor.
I''m using GT takeoffs and a GT midpipe. If you take your time and do it right, it won't look "hacked" - I don't know what you have seen, but I'll let this picture speak for itself.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys want for exhaust?-dual_small.jpg  
Old 11/23/06, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Racer3
I''m using GT takeoffs and a GT midpipe. If you take your time and do it right, it won't look "hacked" - I don't know what you have seen, but I'll let this picture speak for itself.
that looks real good
Old 11/23/06, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im real interested in that Y-pipe adapter, can you tell us about how much it would cost? And would you be able to install it yourself, or would you need a shop? Thanks!
Old 11/23/06, 03:51 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by S197 V6
Im real interested in that Y-pipe adapter, can you tell us about how much it would cost? And would you be able to install it yourself, or would you need a shop? Thanks!
The Ninosport Y-pipe Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit will retail around $250. This is a complete kit that will include a stainless Y-pipe adapter, two stainless over-the-axle pipes, hardware, and the two hanger brackets needed for the driver-side muffler. This bolt-on kit can be installed by anyone with simple hand tools since it requires no cutting or welding. With this kit installed on your Mustang V6 you will be able to install any axle-back kit made for the Mustang GT, of which we carry many. Whether you notch your stock bumper or order one of our pre-painted GT take-off bumpers is up to you. We should have the Ninosport Y-pipe Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit ready for ordering before Christmas.

-Nino
Old 11/23/06, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I have already replaced my whole exhaust system including installing MAC shoty headers except for the cats, I would like to see a full replacement with some high-flow cats all the way back, tru-duals with the h o x pipe option and enough room to install a muffler under the car where it should be. due to a fully welded system and some work after the fact I will be replacing my entire system again, at least from the cats all the way out, want to clean up the piping and add some flanges in case I need to do more work, if you can come up with a complete bolt in replacement i would definitly consider it
Old 11/25/06, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

i would get a gt rear bumper, I want the h or x-pipe for sound, but the y is better because I dont like the idea of hacking up my exhaust and having the possibility of messing up
Old 11/26/06, 10:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I may have a pair of GT take offs if my buddy doesn't want them.Only three months old with the rolled tips.
Old 11/27/06, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

I am interested with the The Ninosport Y-pipe Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit will retail around $250. When can I ordered it?
Old 12/2/06, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

ninosport, I am REALLY interested in the y-pipe adapter!
Old 12/2/06, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im pretty much sold on this Y-pipe duals adapter, the sooner it comes out the better!
Old 12/4/06, 04:51 AM
V6 Member

I am also shopping for a nice, easy bolt on DYI in my garage adapter kit. I already have the GT take off midpipes and exhaust. I would love to be able to buy the adapter and hangers, and put it in myself. At this point, I'd even be willing to buy your $250 kit, then sell my GT midpipes.

If you're going to have that ready by XMas, I think I just found my 'Tax Refund' gift for myself!!!

Oh, as far as the bumper, I was going to cut mine. It can look really well when done right. If I screw it up...then I'll be hitting ebay for a GT cover!
Old 12/4/06, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

is ther a warranty/guarrantee on this system? That it will not rub/hit/ rattle etc?
Old 12/4/06, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Kamicosmos
I am also shopping for a nice, easy bolt on DYI in my garage adapter kit. I already have the GT take off midpipes and exhaust. I would love to be able to buy the adapter and hangers, and put it in myself. At this point, I'd even be willing to buy your $250 kit, then sell my GT midpipes.

If you're going to have that ready by XMas, I think I just found my 'Tax Refund' gift for myself!!!

Oh, as far as the bumper, I was going to cut mine. It can look really well when done right. If I screw it up...then I'll be hitting ebay for a GT cover!
My plan exactly!
Old 12/4/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

its available just email them its not up on their site!
Old 12/4/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

what do you think the best mufflers for it are. AT's they seem the nicest and have huge tips!

Quick Reply: What do you guys want for exhaust?