GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

C&L/Diablosport kit tested

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/05, 11:09 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Boss. I noticed some tracks don't add RT to slips. I enjoy all info.
And for David (169Stang)...after I read my post I thought the same as you..'Is this guy for real?'..Next time I'll explain better!! :bang: :bang:
Old 3/15/05, 09:31 AM
Cobra R Member

I just had my car dyno'd on a dynojet today. Stock except for:

@ 8000 miles

With the c & l cai and predator tune on 97 octane: 290 rwhp and 309 rwt

That was 15 hp better than the dynopack dyno of two weeks ago. The only difference is about 1000 miles on the clock.

The dyno guy told me that the engine is a lot looser and should pick up hp as the car runs some miles on it.

Third pull was lean too, but that will adjust back in a short time as well. It seems that when you set up the computer it takes a few pulls to return to normal. Since I wanted to test my c&l that is why I ran it first. I ran stock just to see how the computer adjusted and how fast it adjusted. Lee told me that I should have pulled two more times in stock to get the actual stock number, he seems to think that it would have been closer to 272 rwhp as well.

My car is getting 20 mpg right now too.
I will be putting the axl back exhaust on this week end.
No more dynos until I put shorty headers and x pipe on it.
Old 3/15/05, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

My dynojet experience was much better. All numbers are SAE adjusted.

My dynojet guy has dyno'd 10 or so 05's
My dynopack guy never sat in an 05 before :notnice:
My dynojet guy watched the shift points closely and was slick smooth in his shifts, until he got to 4th where he ran it at idle for a few minutes before the test.
My dynopack guy was a little hesitant. Kept asking me where the rev limit was? Whats up with that? :notnice:

My BFG G Force tires had to have some effect on the dynojet as they are out of the equation with the dynopack

97 octane

Dynojet tech had just done an 05, over the week end, with 1400 miles and got 272 rwhp stock. He thinks my car loosened up for better hp gain. The stock pull was a little lean too, which means that more pulls may have seen that number go down a tad as the computer adjusted..

Now its time to get my air fuel numbers from the predator so that I can adjust the wof flow with my future mods. Not as good as a dyno, but if they, A/F numbers (13:1) are good now, the numbers that I get when running a test, say in third gear, and then they should be the numbers that I want with the mods. The Predator is cool like that. It lets me adjust stuff to the tune. Just need to run a test to get my constants.....
Old 3/15/05, 03:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

I know there is a post about this somewhere, but what is the difference between the Diablo Predator and the SCT xcalibrator?? And what are the advantages of each???
Old 3/15/05, 04:08 PM
Cobra R Member

MaverickMLFD371

More diagnostic on the fly and tune adjustment at the car without a laptop for Diablo.
Old 3/20/05, 03:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please forgive my ignorance but I have a few questions concerning the C&L CAI and DiabloSport Predator combination. My 05 Auto Mustang is completely stock with the exception of the MagnaFlow Axleback mufflers. I have purchased the C&L CAI and DiabloSport Predator seperately - not bundled together. My intention was to install the CAI and then flash the PCM with 93 octane (release r6) performance tune. After I have the 93 octane performance tune installed I can read my CALID. Then download the C&L custom tune from DiabloSport's web site and install that custom tune in the PCM. Does all that sound correct? Do I have to flash back in the original tune before installing the C&L CAI custom tune or just install custom tune over the 93 octane performance tune? Your suggestions are welcome.
Old 3/20/05, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

When you get your Diablo, just use your CALID # and go to the Diablo website. You can download the C&L MAF tune into your Diablo. You will need to get a cable and a 12 volt power supply (They list the radio shack part #'s on Diablo's website) You will then flash the CPU in your car with the C&L MAF tune and you'll be good to go! You won't need the "performance tune" because your runing the C&L intake, and it is basically the performance tune "tweaked" to the C&L intake. The tune is very good and I'm continuing to make more and more power with it. Also before you flash your cpu, you can select "modify tune" on your Diablo and set your rev limiter, idle, take the speed limiter off etc.
Old 3/20/05, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Justin my Predator has never been connected to the vehicle. Isn't the CALID retrieved from the factory tune installed in the PCM by Ford. Or am I confused and the CALID is programmed into the Predator by DiabloSport at the factory? Additionally you are saying the C&L CAI tune includes the 93 octane performance tune and that is the only tune that needs installed?
Old 3/20/05, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by tmcolegr@March 20, 2005, 5:21 PM
Justin my Predator has never been connected to the vehicle. Isn't the CALID retrieved from the factory tune installed in the PCM by Ford. Or am I confused and the CALID is programmed into the Predator by DiabloSport at the factory? Additionally you are saying the C&L CAI tune includes the 93 octane performance tune and that is the only tune that needs installed?
I'm not sure if the CALID is produced when you download the factory tune in your Pedator or if it's in your Predator from Diablo... Either way you could download your factory tune, then go to your PC and retrieve your C&L MAF tune from Diablo.

Yes, the C&L CAI tune has all the enhancement's of the 93 octane performance tune and the tweak's for the C&L Intake. It's the only tune you will need and you can adjust it as you add mod's down the road.