GT

2015 Mustang GT suspension

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/15, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang GT suspension

So i am looking to upgrade some suspension on my mustang GT this fall, i plan on super charger the car to about 650hp kennebell in spring.. Dont want to do coil over shocks, i have been looking into Ford racing and Steeda.. what i am not sure of is my car has the performance package but the steeda handling pack specifically says "non performance pack" http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mu...6-gt-555-2354/
Does this mean that the performance package on my car already has some of those components ?? what do you guys recommend to drastically increase handling, this is not my daily driver
Old 9/29/15, 07:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hello Geo,

The Non-Performance Pack upgrades are meant for the base model suspension & will take those components to the next level.

The reason the package is Non-Performance, for the moment, is that we are still in development of the suspension upgrades that would replace the Performance Pack upgrades, specifically the dampers.

So yes, in short, some of the parts in our kit are not an upgrade to your current parts listed in the Performance Pack.

Recommendations for an aggressive increase in handling capability for the Performance Pack are:

· Steeda Ultralight Linear Springs

· Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bar

· Steeda Diff Bushing Insert System

· Steeda Rear Toe Links

· IRS Subframe Bushing Support System

· Front Bumpsteer kit

Once the dampers & camber plates are ready for prime time ... then it will complete the suspension package for the Performance Pack.

Let me know if I can help provide a package price for the items listed above & once the additional suspension components are released ... then it will complete your set-up!

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 9/29/15 at 07:14 AM.
Old 9/29/15, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the Ford Racing mustang handling pack is that meant for performance packaged mustang GT ?

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Hello Geo,

The Non-Performance Pack upgrades are meant for the base model suspension & will take those components to the next level.

The reason the package is Non-Performance, for the moment, is that we are still in development of the suspension upgrades that would replace the Performance Pack upgrades, specifically the dampers.

So yes, in short, some of the parts in our kit are not an upgrade to your current parts listed in the Performance Pack.

Recommendations for an aggressive increase in handling capability for the Performance Pack are:

· Steeda Ultralight Linear Springs

· Steeda Front & Rear Sway Bar

· Steeda Diff Bushing Insert System

· Steeda Rear Toe Links

· IRS Subframe Bushing Support System

· Front Bumpsteer kit

Once the dampers & camber plates are ready for prime time ... then it will complete the suspension package for the Performance Pack.

Let me know if I can help provide a package price for the items listed above & once the additional suspension components are released ... then it will complete your set-up!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 9/30/15, 06:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Yes, that is correct. The Ford package is meant for the Performance Pack because it has the upgraded dampers & mounts.

Ours will have the updates shortly.

Best Regards,

TJ