GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

4.10 Gears as a Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/05, 07:35 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighten up Francis, will ya. Just what is involved in Torque Management anyway. Gee, I guess it has nothing to do with throttle control now does it.

I'm sorry that you find absolutley no humor in life and feel that in some way you are the king of Mustangs and like to jump on people.

Now you're pissed because somebody had enough of your self righteous crap and called you on it.

Me get bent, hardly buddy.

Look within yourself and quit being such a donkey doughnut you freak.
Old 12/31/05, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Man, I feel like maybe I started all this nonsense with my post about needing a tune...... I only meant that you would need a tune to fix the speedo. I don't know for sure if you would need a tune to factor the gears; however I would think that you wouldn't need it for anything besides fixing the speedo. Brent @ Brenspeed and I talked about this during my dyno tune session and as I recall, he's running 4.30s and only retuned for his speedo.

I could be wrong, so don't me if someone knows otherwise.

tom281

Oh, and have a safe New Years
Old 12/31/05, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may be way out in left field as well then, because I'm with Dan on this one still. I didn't equate throttle control and torq management as the same issue. All I can say for certain was that when I put the 4.10s in, the only thing I needed a handheld tuner for was to correct the speedo, and nothing else.
Old 12/31/05, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 31, 2005, 8:38 AM
Lighten up Francis, will ya. Just what is involved in Torque Management anyway. Gee, I guess it has nothing to do with throttle control now does it.

I'm sorry that you find absolutely no humor in life and feel that in some way you are the king of Mustangs and like to jump on people.

Now you're pissed because somebody had enough of your self righteous crap and called you on it.

Me get bent, hardly buddy.

Look within yourself and quit being such a donkey doughnut you freak.
Well said. All hail the self righteous king of Mustangs. God forbid anyone have a different opinion than him.

Cleveland may have some good info sometimes, which is unfortunate because I can't look past what a jerk he is.
Old 12/31/05, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

I've posted it before and I'll post it again.

I tend to "jump" on things, Im a jerk sometimes, I have an opinion.

If you want to "call me out" you better feel that you have your poo straight.

Opinions are like donkey doughnuts, everyone has one. I for one am all for people having their own opinions but this wasnt a case of having an opinion.

While there is a relation between Torque Management and Throttle Control, it is not an issue for the installation of JUST A GEARSET. 'Nough said there so you can flame away, again.

Flame me for being a jerk and stating my opinion but dont flame me for your belief that Im against others having one of their own. I've never posted "think as I do cause everybody else is wrong".

Im done here.

-Dan
Old 12/31/05, 10:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, what a p*ss**g contest!

I would have to believe that if you are changing your gears that the only thing that you would have to do (with a 5 speed manual) is calibrate for the speedo. I'll still wait and see what Brent says after the Holidays.

Happy Year New everyone!
Old 12/31/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

First of all Dan,

Unless you have never exceeded the speed limit, cheated a yellow light, ran a stop sign, changed lanes without a turn signal, talked on a cell phone while driving, eaten while driving, etc...

DO NOT COME HEAR A LEACTURE US about being wasteful or irresponsible!!

I drive one of the most dangerous roads in the country almost every day. ( I285 ) around Atlanta. The funny part is, I see people doing far more dangerous things on their mourning commute than what a few kids racing on a disserted road are doing...

Why not check the insurance statistics on what causes the most serious accidents before you come preaching here...
Old 12/31/05, 11:22 AM

getting somewhat back on topic,

i had my gears installed about 2 weeks before the hurricane, i then left for san diego and then after the hurricane drove my car to ft worth TX with the 4.10s. all i had done was correct the speedo with the predator. car ran and shifted fine.

i didnt have any shifting or driveablitly issues with the gears and no custom tune.
Old 12/31/05, 10:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by sranger@December 31, 2005, 11:44 AM
First of all Dan,

Unless you have never exceeded the speed limit, cheated a yellow light, ran a stop sign, changed lanes without a turn signal, talked on a cell phone while driving, eaten while driving, etc...

DO NOT COME HEAR A LEACTURE US about being wasteful or irresponsible!!

I drive one of the most dangerous roads in the country almost every day. ( I285 ) around Atlanta. The funny part is, I see people doing far more dangerous things on their mourning commute than what a few kids racing on a disserted road are doing...

Why not check the insurance statistics on what causes the most serious accidents before you come preaching here...
What does this post have to do with the sunject of this thread? None!!
Old 12/31/05, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mongoose@December 31, 2005, 9:49 PM
What does this post have to do with the sunject of this thread? None!!
exactly what I was thinking.
Old 1/1/06, 12:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 31, 2005, 8:38 AM
donkey doughnut .

uum donky doughnuts?.....with or without sprinkles?

that has to be one of your top 10 funniest respones Sixty Six.