Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I hate parking lots!

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/04, 07:38 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya well I was really close to removing the valve stem from one of his tires, but fortunately for that guy I didn't have my valve stem insert remover in my pocket. I only had a cell phone.
Old 12/10/04, 07:51 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My "new" 2004 ford explorer sport track. Luckily I can pull the side door guard strips off and have them repainted when they get really bad. I know who does this, she parks next to me daily and ive been in my car when she throws her door open and smashes it into my car. My car is her doorstop. I've talked to her about it...her attitude is "It's just a car who cares". Shes obese and can't get out of the car without having her door open as wide as it will go and oozing out of the passengers seat. Luckily I don't drive my mustang to work. Police dont care even though she does it on maliciously. What can you do(other then kick her mirrors off), knowing my luck thats when the police would start caring and arrest me. You can see the reflection of her POS car in my paint. I have been taking photos of my car each time she hits it with the relative picture of where she is parked in case I decide to sue her.
Old 12/10/04, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EZ-Kill@December 10, 2004, 8:54 PM
My "new" 2004 ford explorer sport track. Luckily I can pull the side door guard strips off and have them repainted when they get really bad. I know who does this, she parks next to me daily and ive been in my car when she throws her door open and smashes it into my car. My car is her doorstop. I've talked to her about it...her attitude is "It's just a car who cares". Shes obese and can't get out of the car without having her door open as wide as it will go and oozing out of the passengers seat. Luckily I don't drive my mustang to work. Police dont care even though she does it on maliciously. What can you do(other then kick her mirrors off), knowing my luck thats when the police would start caring and arrest me. You can see the reflection of her POS car in my paint. I have been taking photos of my car each time she hits it with the relative picture of where she is parked in case I decide to sue her.
that's crazy!!! -- her car would definitely end up on the "hit list"
Old 12/10/04, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by os121+December 10, 2004, 8:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ December 10, 2004, 8:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@December 10, 2004, 9:13 PM
I looked for dings, dents, etc etc. and just to make vmAirCooled happy I didn't kick the guys truck. I called the local towing company instead and had his truck towed for parking illegally. I waited for them to arrive to make sure it was being towed. Looks like he is also going to get a fine to pay for the damage he did to the grass

That's almost better than kicking it
LOL !! I have visions of you taking an Anger Management class, taught by vmAirCooled. I would say you passed with flying colors. [/b][/quote]
I LOVE THIS SITE!
Old 12/10/04, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by os121+December 10, 2004, 8:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ December 10, 2004, 8:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@December 10, 2004, 9:13 PM
I looked for dings, dents, etc etc. and just to make vmAirCooled happy I didn't kick the guys truck. I called the local towing company instead and had his truck towed for parking illegally. I waited for them to arrive to make sure it was being towed. Looks like he is also going to get a fine to pay for the damage he did to the grass

LOL !! I have visions of you taking an Anger Management class, taught by vmAirCooled. I would say you passed with flying colors. [/b][/quote]
Good work adrenalin!

Your'e well on your way to feeling better about yourself and your car! Just remember, people dont hate you OR your car!!!

Now, repeat after me:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!"
Old 12/10/04, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

i wouldnt stand for that, it is property, and she is damaging it. take her to small claims court. make sure you got her on tape recorder or something saying she did it though.
Old 12/10/04, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by vwAirCooled+December 10, 2004, 9:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwAirCooled @ December 10, 2004, 9:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by os121@December 10, 2004, 8:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin
@December 10, 2004, 9:13 PM

LOL !! I have visions of you taking an Anger Management class, taught by vmAirCooled. I would say you passed with flying colors.
Good work adrenalin!

Your'e well on your way to feeling better about yourself and your car! Just remember, people dont hate you OR your car!!!

Now, repeat after me:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!" [/b][/quote]
i say F' them

lets see the dent king take out my size 13 timberland LOL
Old 12/10/04, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 3:58 PM
That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go...
I think that's a fast way to have your car keyed by someone -- I never do it -- just park in a galaxy far, far away... :jedi:
Old 12/10/04, 10:32 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by lucky lou@December 8, 2004, 3:33 PM
-- back in the corner is black beauty... as I walk up to her I press the unlock button on the key chain - I wapproach the driver side & extend my hand to open the door... and there it is... a freakin' door ding!! somebody pulled up beside me - got out of there car (or truck) & left me with a freakin' door ding.
People hate black cats, black cars, ect... 2 weeks after I bought my black 02 some moron decided they wanted to improve the looks of my GT by putting a ding in the side scoop its been a steady decline since then. The worst was a hit and run on the highway (damge was minor to the car)

On the bright side, this is the sort of thing that drives technology as I feverishly attempt to formulate a paint like substance that has a destructive yield somewhere north of a MOAB. I figure this way I can at least stomp whatever tangible remains exsist into the pavement.

However as a more practical back up, I'm saving now unitl 07 or so for a downpayment on a new stang (hopefully an SE) and I'm looking at building a garage to house the new car in (figure I'll just buy it, take it to the house and park it in the garage and erect some ballasitics grade plexigalss walls around it so it will be safe from harm).
Old 12/10/04, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

You know what, State Farm (and others) say black is the worst color -- attracts accidents like crazy. My BMW is Jet Black and you have NO idea how many people have, in broad daylight, tried to merge right into me and my highway lane! Seriously, my 1999 Mustang NEVER gets "merged into" like the Bimmer (edit: the Pony is white). Stinks to be black for this reason, but nothing beats the shine on a nice Summer day after a bottle of Meguiar's wax
Old 12/11/04, 12:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bob@December 10, 2004, 11:35 PM

On the bright side, this is the sort of thing that drives technology as I feverishly attempt to formulate a paint like substance that has a destructive yield somewhere north of a MOAB.
Whenever you work it all out --- please let me know
Old 12/11/04, 07:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good work adrenalin!

Now, repeat after me:

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!" [/QUOTE]
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me!

Screw it, where are my steel toe boots. I have to finish my christmas shopping today at the mall
Old 12/11/04, 07:10 AM
GT Member

Hey EZ-Kill
Where do you park that this woman gets your daily driver all the time?
If it's in your residential parking lot you might as well park EVEN CLOSER
to her spot.....that way maybe the 'driver' will let her out before said
driver puts the car in the parking space. Croud the parking space -
Afterall what's going to happen - another matching ding?
Old 12/11/04, 07:28 AM
Cobra R Member

EZKILL

Let 1 pound of pressure out of her tires every day. She will think it is her weight causing the problem
Old 12/11/04, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

35thGT has a good point about being vigilant. However, luck has a lot to do with keeping your car ding-free. My 2001 Mustang got whacked in a parking lot on the ONE DAY I decided to park close to the store. I returned to my car to find a ding on the upper crease of the driver's door! I think the person that hit me was still parked beside me when I returned. I could see blue paint on the edge of his/her passenger door. I was furious, but I couldn't prove they were the perpetrator. The moral is: walk further to the store if you must. Especially if you're at the mall, since you're going to walk miles once inside anyway! The other factor was wind; the day my car was hit was very windy. The perp's door might have flown open unexpectedly. Or it might have been a dumb little kid getting out and not paying attention to what he was doing. Who knows?
Old 12/11/04, 04:59 PM
V6 Member

Its at work and thats the passenger side of my truck. The obese woman is the driver and owner of the vehicle. I'm in a corner so the only side that is exposed is the passenger side(which she parks next to). I'm thinking of heading into the office 5 minutes later then I usually do so I can park 2 inches from her door until she stops doing it I think she is much to fat to crawl in through the passenger side and get over her centre console. Worst thing that can happen is she slams a few more scratches into my molding strip. Its already ruined anyway, but luckily it costs about 90 dollars to have it pulled off and re-painted. 6 scratches or 30, it's still only 90 bucks.
Old 12/11/04, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EZ-Kill@December 11, 2004, 7:02 PM
Its at work and thats the passenger side of my truck. The obese woman is the driver and owner of the vehicle. I'm in a corner so the only side that is exposed is the passenger side(which she parks next to). I'm thinking of heading into the office 5 minutes later then I usually do so I can park 2 inches from her door until she stops doing it I think she is much to fat to crawl in through the passenger side and get over her centre console. Worst thing that can happen is she slams a few more scratches into my molding strip. Its already ruined anyway, but luckily it costs about 90 dollars to have it pulled off and re-painted. 6 scratches or 30, it's still only 90 bucks.
If a co-worker did that to mine continuously on purpose, they would be fired & sued.
Old 12/12/04, 01:52 AM
V6 Member

Unfortunately not a co-worker she just works in the same building. If it was someone that worked for me then it would have long since stopped. Not much you can do though as it's not a police matter and a 90 dollar lawsuit isn't really worth my time. I may get fed up one day and drag her through small claims on princaple alone, if not for the money.
Old 12/12/04, 02:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks folks, as much as we love our 05s, they will end up in a junk yard one day.

The ravages of time will spare no car. You WILL get dinged. You WILL get bumped and scraped. Of course you can attempt to delay this but it will happen.

If your 05 (like mine) is your daily drive then dings are inevitable - no way you can prevent it I'm afraid. The reason you don't see Ferraris Enzos parked in shopping mall parking lots is because the owners have other cars for that purpose - like a Hummer H1. Try dinging that
Old 12/12/04, 06:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by LordBritish@December 12, 2004, 4:10 AM
The reason you don't see Ferraris Enzos parked in shopping mall parking lots is because the owners have other cars for that purpose - like a Hummer H1. Try dinging that
Me thinks that an Abrams A1 would do the trick. B)

Quick Reply: I hate parking lots!