Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I hate parking lots!

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lucky lou@December 8, 2004, 9:59 PM
see that was my other concern -- it's a brand new car -- I don't want to take it to someone who's gonna promise something then leave it looking more fu###d up than when I took it in. I looked into the yellow pages & there are a million of these guys out there --- who do you trust ?? :bang:
It takes less than an hour to do. Talk to the dealer that sold you the car and see who they use.

Oddly enough, the guy that stores my truck in his barn for the winter is one of our local ding doctors. This guy is phenominal.
Old 12/8/04, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 2:58 PM
That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go..... go to the back of the lot and park down the middle of two spaces.....
If there are no parking spots available and you are using two, you just might **** the wrong person off. The result may be a vary nasty scratch. Some people just don't give a darn. :angry:
Old 12/8/04, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Avoid x-mass shopping parking lots. Shop online. This will be my third year of online shopping.

I park at the far eaches of every parking lot too. I pull forward in the space if possible and always try to get an end spot. At christmas time there is no far end of the parking lot here in the Northern VA area!

I was once parked in a lot in Maryland and had my 03 GT Vert with the tires turned to the left. An idiot in a huge SUV pulls in beside my passanger side. There was two feet from the painted line to my car and his big A__ tires bump my passenger front wheel and visibly move my car. I am sitting in the car at the time!

No damage or allignment necessary, but what bothered me was the who cares attitude of the other guy in his big SUV.

Reminds me of the commercial where the guy parks at the end of the lot and a smoking wreck parks within 2 inches of his car.
Old 12/8/04, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@December 8, 2004, 7:12 PM
Its amazing how MANY people nowadays just do not care about the car parked next to them... I have SEEN people just open there door into peoples car, and not even blink... I have even seen people do it, while the victim was sitting in there car, looked at the person and not even apologized!!!!
Yes I have seen this too, which is why i choose to carry the "whomper." The Whomper is (was) sold in Rose's in the fishing section as something you beat large fish on the head with. In actuality it is a miniature aluminum baseball bat, about 1 foot long with the same diameter as a regular bat. The Whomper's light weight and convenient size make it a great automotive defense item, and it gets you in a lot less trouble than a concealed handgun. Sure, two wrongs don't make a right, and it won't fix your door ding, but vengence sure makes you (or at least me) feel a lot better.

I would never damage anyone's car unless I saw them damage mine. But if I were to see it them do it they're fair game.
Old 12/8/04, 10:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Karpro+December 8, 2004, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ December 8, 2004, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucky lou@December 8, 2004, 9:59 PM
see that was my other concern -- it's a brand new car -- I don't want to take it to someone who's gonna promise something then leave it looking more fu###d up than when I took it in. I looked into the yellow pages & there are a million of these guys out there --- who do you trust ?? :bang:
It takes less than an hour to do. Talk to the dealer that sold you the car and see who they use.

Oddly enough, the guy that stores my truck in his barn for the winter is one of our local ding doctors. This guy is phenominal. [/b][/quote]
we dont have many "barns" by me

lol
Old 12/8/04, 10:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@December 8, 2004, 8:07 PM
That does stink. I went to the mall the other day and parked way out back, like most people with a new car do and I got that 1 idiot that lives in every city that has to take his beater and park as close as he can do the drivers door of my car. Fortunately I did not have a door ding, but I did have to climb in through the passenger side. Seeing as mine and his cars were the only ones in the area I left him a present. He can match the dent in his door to my shoe if he wants, but looking at his car, he most likely didn't even notice the dent.
kick hiney...
if everyone did that to these morons they would stop
Old 12/8/04, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rex+December 8, 2004, 9:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rex @ December 8, 2004, 9:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by vwAirCooled@December 8, 2004, 8:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-FordFun
@December 8, 2004, 8:40 PM
You're not part of the problem at all.

So you think kicking someone door in because they parked too close to your car is ok? Even if they didnt even ding your car or anything?
when these idiots park so close to you that you have to be a contortionist to get into your car even when the parking lot is full of empty spaces... that is just so primitive that it is time to get out the club [/b][/quote]
i agree with rex

even tho the car next to me at school didnt ding my car

like i said.. when your gonna INTENTIONALLY be a prik by OBVIOUSLY parking so i couldnt even put my leg in the door.. its time to die...u make my 6'1 hiney crawl in through the passenger side of a car i dont even like in the pouring rain...and you think im gonna leave your car untouched?? lol
believe me if the person was there i wouldve done it to them instead
if the person didnt notice..then they must die for being so blatently stupid.
Old 12/8/04, 10:26 PM
Cobra Member

one time me and my girlfriend took her stang to get pizza and we come out intoa EMPTY PARKING LOT at 9:30pm we come out and some dork 19 yr old parked within 2 inches of her car...she was so pissed she waited there for 20 min just so she could yell at him and curse him out in front of the pizzaria.. and he just kept apologizing..prolly cuz i was twice his size.

morons
Old 12/8/04, 10:27 PM
Cobra Member

4 posts in a row!!!

CONNECT 4 BIATCHES!
=p
Old 12/8/04, 10:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I got my first (and last) door ding I in my stang I started writing down the license plates of the cars next to me. haha I'd only had it a month before it happened so I was pretty pissed.
Old 12/9/04, 06:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I was standing next to my 05 last night with a buddy as we admired her. Some lady with about 5 bags (two were cloth and had exposed zippers) walked by the car. She came within a few inches of my car. Not like there wasn't five feet of walkway behind it. I almost freaked out. If she actually scratch my car at that point, I think I would have taken all her bags and thrown them across the parking lot.
Old 12/9/04, 06:36 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by vwAirCooled+December 8, 2004, 8:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwAirCooled @ December 8, 2004, 8:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@December 8, 2004, 8:07 PM
That does stink. I went to the mall the other day and parked way out back, like most people with a new car do and I got that 1 idiot that lives in every city that has to take his beater and park as close as he can do the drivers door of my car. Fortunately I did not have a door ding, but I did have to climb in through the passenger side. Seeing as mine and his cars were the only ones in the area I left him a present. He can match the dent in his door to my shoe if he wants, but looking at his car, he most likely didn't even notice the dent.
Your'e part of the problem pal... :angry: [/b][/quote]
Maybe but he started it If you are saying I am part of the problem for trying to protect my car...heck, I have no problem with that. It's idiots like him that need to learn a lesson.
Old 12/9/04, 06:39 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by vwAirCooled+December 8, 2004, 8:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwAirCooled @ December 8, 2004, 8:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FordFun@December 8, 2004, 8:40 PM
You're not part of the problem at all.
So you think kicking someone door in because they parked too close to your car is ok? Even if they didnt even ding your car or anything? [/b][/quote]
He purposely parked close to my car. His mirror would have hit my mirror if he could have backed up any farther. There was less than 6 inches between my car and his and get this...nooooooobody was parked on either side of us. His car was not even in his spot. The passenger tires were in my parking spot, so if you think he did not do this on purpose I have to assume you park like he does. :angry:
Old 12/9/04, 06:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@December 8, 2004, 9:28 PM
OK, I GIVE UP. Nobody reads posts other than the prior ONE. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GUY THAT SAID HIS CAR WAS NOT DENTED OR DINGED, BUT THE GUY JUST PARKED CLOSE TO HIS CAR... SO HE KICKED IT.
I give up to since you are not paying attention to HOW HE PARKED!
Old 12/9/04, 08:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

You can't win. Jerks are people with some sort of complex. You do nothing, and they'll keep on doing it. You do something, and they'll keep on doing it in retaliation.

Only way you can hurt them is in the pocket book. And that's more for your satisfaction.

I remember when I first had my car, I was visiting my g/f at the time. Suddenly, I heard the car alarm go off, so I went down to my car. After checking around, it was quite apparent that the jerk on the passenger side opened his door full force into mine. I was parked dead-center in my spot...he had no excuse for doing that. I can assure you, he could probably could have seen the Nike emblem in his door.
Old 12/9/04, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Most people could care less about their cars, even less about other people's cars. Parkinglots are like Russian rulete
Old 12/9/04, 08:21 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Ya well the first day I got my car I drove to the local grocery store. While I was at the counter we heard a car alarm going off (well a horn). We looked out and sure enough it was coming from my car. I walked over and found a scuff mark on the front tire from a persons shoe. Some idiot kicked my tire. Must have wanted to see if it had an alarm....well now he knows and so does everyone in the grocery store, but what a jerk.
Old 12/9/04, 08:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 12:58 PM
That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go..... go to the back of the lot and park down the middle of two spaces.....
I agree with you Charlie...I do the same thing. On one instance though, someone had spit all over my car (not Mustang), and then took the time to leave me a note: "If you're so proud of your f-----g car, then leave it home in your driveway instead of two parking places". I remember this note like it was yesterday, and it seems like no matter how or where you park, you are some sort of risk. At least they didn't cave the side of my car in or key it or something.....but spitting all over it was pretty tacky in it's own....
Old 12/9/04, 09:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well, I don't agree with the 2 parking spot solution, but its quite obvious the owner is trying to take care of the car when they park in BFE in an empty lot. For some to park right next to it is an obvious sign that they are inconsiderate jerks.

I'm sure many have seen this already, but I submit the "jerk" story again via snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/jerks.htm
Old 12/9/04, 09:13 AM
Retired Tms Staff

That was hilarious you F'in Jerk

Quick Reply: I hate parking lots!