Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I hate parking lots!

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/04, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is what I am doing when I do my shopping, leave my lady at the door to whatever place we go into and take my other lady to the "spot" so that she will remain untouched. I always use to do that and after the incident above I am even more careful now, but you figure 5 minutes run in and run out.
Old 12/8/04, 02:26 PM
Cobra Member

same thing happened to me several times... I left a lot of pretty foul mouthed notes in peoples windows.... when my boss tried to discipline me on my approach to the problem, she soon shut up when she found out the company was liable for problems in their parking lot. Perhaps your company's insurance will cover the damages. Our parking spaces were super narrow, so it was a frequent complaint.
Old 12/8/04, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by trublustang03@December 8, 2004, 3:05 PM
I hate people with no regard for other people's possesions. I let my guard down one day and instead of parking my car all the way on the back of the shopping center lot, I parked closed, ran in for 5 minutes to pick something up and some tard had left a shopping cart right next to my rear bumper :bang: . I knew exactly what happened as soon as I saw it, lazy person didn't feel like putting the cart back right where it belongs, so it ran into my bumper and left a decent size scratch that till this day can still be seen. I always use scratch remover and wax to try and hide it, but it still there and to think that if people would just put their carts back where they belong or be more careful the next time they open and close their doors, then our ponies would be much safer.
this is the reason my pony will never see a Wal-Mart parking lot -- That place is a car lovers worst nightmare. but you're right people take to take the attitude that if it's not their's -- they don't care.
Old 12/8/04, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jcopin@December 8, 2004, 3:08 PM
i just had to $%&# someone car up yesterday

moron parked so close to my door i couldnt even fit my school books in it....in the pouring rain my 6 foot 1 inch 230 lb hiney i going through the passenger side...not funny sight when foot gets stuck in the air vents with my size 13 timberlands going in my 92 PROBE..so i finally get situated after 10 min in the driver seat i start slamming my door open lol

felt good..really wanted to beat the crap outta whoever did it

it was SO RETAREDEDLY CLOSE!!!!!

IN THE RAIN IN THE PART OF THE PARKING LOT NOBODY WAS IN!! IN THE RAIN!!!!
ARE PEOPLE SCARED TO PARK ALONE?!?!?
-- 2 Freakin Funny!!! not your situation - just the story.
Old 12/8/04, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It might be worth it to you to get a padded car cover? Just for use in the parking garage since its "secure".
Old 12/8/04, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 8, 2004, 3:40 PM
It might be worth it to you to get a padded car cover? Just for use in the parking garage since its "secure".
Got one on order Just waiting for it to show up
Old 12/8/04, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cyoda44@December 8, 2004, 3:58 PM
That's why I take 2 parking spots everywhere I go..... go to the back of the lot and park down the middle of two spaces.....
Going to the back of the lot is good, but taking up two spaces can attract envious losers to mess with your ride.
Old 12/8/04, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by grrr428@December 8, 2004, 2:51 PM
The Ding Doctor (or whatever name, there are several) do wonders! I've used them a couple of times. If the paint isn't broken they can make it look like new again.
I have my first ding already also. :bang: :bang: But mine is on the fender. I don't know if that will work.

any help??
Old 12/8/04, 02:54 PM
FR500 Member

ive been practicing parking far in my regular car soo when i get my stang i wont mind parking far
Old 12/8/04, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Feel sorry for you Lucky Lou! Had the same thing happen when I bought my new Ranger. Now that I got it fixed, I park well away from buildings and walk.

And O, No offence, but after that, you might want to change your avatar........ Lucky Lou ?????? :bang:
Old 12/8/04, 03:21 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I already had to visit the Dent Doctor too. My son dropped a lid on the rear quarter panel of my car and put a small ding in it. Dent Doctor took it right out. $50

I always park way far away and walk. I really hate parking lots too. Good Luck! Dent Doctor should be able to take it right out easily and reasonable too.
Old 12/8/04, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Merlot@December 8, 2004, 4:10 PM
Feel sorry for you Lucky Lou! Had the same thing happen when I bought my new Ranger. Now that I got it fixed, I park well away from buildings and walk.

And O, No offence, but after that, you might want to change your avatar........ Lucky Lou ?????? :bang:
merlot - you're right -- my avatar may need to be updated... I'm gonna try this paintless dent repair. if it works.. which it sounds like it does. I'll keep my avatar & start parking in the "green zone" instead of baghdad...
Old 12/8/04, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

The problem today is they paint the lines much narrower now for parking spaces. And when you park far away with a lot of empty spaces around you, guaranteed one time some a-hole will park his piece of crap next to you knowing full well why you parked where you did, just to p--- you off. :bang:
Old 12/8/04, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

which is why i had fun smashing my door into his/hers/whatever

it was soo tight i couldnt fit my leg into the door opening
Old 12/8/04, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Donna@December 8, 2004, 4:24 PM
I already had to visit the Dent Doctor too. My son dropped a lid on the rear quarter panel of my car and put a small ding in it. Dent Doctor took it right out. $50

I always park way far away and walk. I really hate parking lots too. Good Luck! Dent Doctor should be able to take it right out easily and reasonable too.
I hope so -- the only thing about it is that it's right smck dab in the middle of that upper contour on the driver side door. I always heard that when there was a dent in one of those - they would have to use bondo & repaint. I'm driving by the "dent doctor" tommorrow to see what he has to say. --- then we'll find out how "lucky" i really am.
Old 12/8/04, 05:34 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jcopin@December 8, 2004, 5:25 PM

I've always wanted to do that!!!....the problem is most of these idiots have cars that match their gray matter...a few more dings in their POS wouldn't even be noticed...god I wish people had to pass an intelligence test to get a driver's license!
Old 12/8/04, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jcopin@December 8, 2004, 5:25 PM

Way to go man! I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I bet it sure felt good!

I'm always careful too, and I have like 5 paint marks on each of my two doors, and they are all white, wtf! (i have a DARK green accord) And the topper is this HUGE dent on my passenger door (thank God I don't have to look at it everyday), that was received in a Coco's parking lot, by some old Caddy driving SOB no doubt. Man the dent is right on a body line crease to so it totally f's up the lines on the passenger side. If I knew who did it......if I only knew.....
Old 12/8/04, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Lucky Lou, it sounds like your dent is in a similar location to mine, I need to do a dent doctor thing too, let us know how it goes, and how much it's gonna set you back!
Old 12/8/04, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Its amazing how MANY people nowadays just do not care about the car parked next to them... I have SEEN people just open there door into peoples car, and not even blink... I have even seen people do it, while the victim was sitting in there car, looked at the person and not even apologized!!!!
Old 12/8/04, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@December 8, 2004, 7:12 PM
Its amazing how MANY people nowadays just do not care about the car parked next to them... I have SEEN people just open there door into peoples car, and not even blink... I have even seen people do it, while the victim was sitting in there car, looked at the person and not even apologized!!!!
Yeah -- it's a jungle out there --

Quick Reply: I hate parking lots!