Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I hate parking lots!

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/04, 09:38 AM
mav
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12/9/04, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I don't know about in Florida, but here in SoCal...there are also an abumndance of nice cars. The only problem is that most of these BMW's and Mercedes are driven by women. Now, I am not sexist...so don't flame me. BUT, it has been my personal experience...that women IN GENERAL don't watch how they park their cars.

Maybe in other parts of the country...but here, most of them are reall dumb, full of plastic, young, wives who married rich husbands. And given that type...they 90% of the time park crooked or over the line.

On a different note...anyone remember that Jetta comerical? Its starts out with a jetts just sitting in a parking lot. And you see a shopping cart just rolling toward the car. At the very last moment, you see a guy run on screen and tackle the cart. Its very funny. My friends and family always comment that that commerical is about me and my mustang.
Old 12/9/04, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

hey lucky lou,

Sorry about the dent.

I used dent wizard here in houston too. They do really good work. A spreader fell off the garage wall and left two nice dents on my fender, they were able to get both out, cant even tell.

Also took my mom's 99 accord to them and it was right in the crease on the door where some lady pushed her shopping cart right at my mom's car. People are so nice! They said they wouldn't be able to completely smooth it out, but the guy did his best, you could tell a little but you really had to get down and look.

It has been a while since i went to them, they used to have a location on Westheimer in the Galleria by Bubbles car wash i think, just before Chimney Rock. Not sure if they are still there, but i have seen their trucks around.
Old 12/9/04, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by uofh2005@December 9, 2004, 12:15 PM
hey lucky lou,

Sorry about the dent.

I used dent wizard here in houston too. They do really good work. A spreader fell off the garage wall and left two nice dents on my fender, they were able to get both out, cant even tell.

Also took my mom's 99 accord to them and it was right in the crease on the door where some lady pushed her shopping cart right at my mom's car. People are so nice! They said they wouldn't be able to completely smooth it out, but the guy did his best, you could tell a little but you really had to get down and look.

It has been a while since i went to them, they used to have a location on Westheimer in the Galleria by Bubbles car wash i think, just before Chimney Rock. Not sure if they are still there, but i have seen their trucks around.
Thanx for the heads up.. That's right down the street from my job -- I'm getting ready to take my lunch break -- I'm going to drive by & see if they're still there. We'll see how it goes
Old 12/9/04, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@December 9, 2004, 7:42 AM
He purposely parked close to my car. His mirror would have hit my mirror if he could have backed up any farther. There was less than 6 inches between my car and his and get this...nooooooobody was parked on either side of us. His car was not even in his spot. The passenger tires were in my parking spot, so if you think he did not do this on purpose I have to assume you park like he does. :angry:
No, I never park like that. I dont have animosity towards others for no reason like this guy might have had towards you... BUT I would never KICK SOMEONES CAR just cause they inconvenienced me. And if the guy was as much of an evil jerk that planned this devious parking job as you describe, why didnt he damage your car?
Old 12/9/04, 11:28 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Be glad you didn't park like he did then next to me My point is, he did this on purpose and most likely though I wouldn't do anything about it. Next time he may think twice, do I want a size 13 dent in my door or park properly.
Old 12/9/04, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@December 9, 2004, 12:31 PM
Be glad you didn't park like he did then next to me My point is, he did this on purpose and most likely though I wouldn't do anything about it. Next time he may think twice, do I want a size 13 dent in my door or park properly.
Well, if I ever saw you or someone else do this to someones car, I would gladly write down your plate number and have no problem reporting you to the police.
Old 12/9/04, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Last Christmas season, my wife called me cuz she opened her door, the wind caught it and hit the car next to her, putting a significant ding in it. She was asking what she should do.

I told her to leave a note with contact info, and if they called, we would take care of it. They called, of course the car was pearl white, 3-stage paint, cost us $650, but our consciences sp? are clear, and she pays attention to her door now. :-)

As far as Christmas shopping myself, I have an 84 F150, red and silver on the front half, green on the back, busted grill, and front bumper bent in from where I hit a deer.

People usually concede when you both go for the same parking spot. The stang is safely in the garage.
Old 12/9/04, 01:01 PM
GT Member

:angry: that's why you should keep some C4 and a few shock detonators in your car. Someone pulls that crap, you just leave them a little "present". Works every time. Helps clean up the gene pool, too.
Old 12/9/04, 01:37 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great!
Old 12/9/04, 01:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by uofh2005@December 9, 2004, 12:15 PM
hey lucky lou,

Sorry about the dent.

uofh2005 -- I went by on my lunch break the shop has kind of merged into dent repair & window tinting now -- The guy who does the dent repair "Wade" wasn't there today -- should be in tomorrow (9-5) We'll se what he says...
Old 12/9/04, 01:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Conundrum@December 9, 2004, 3:04 PM
:angry: that's why you should keep some C4 and a few shock detonators in your car. Someone pulls that crap, you just leave them a little "present". Works every time. Helps clean up the gene pool, too.
Naw...

Someone should just make reactive armor for cars...
Old 12/9/04, 02:13 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Surfnsocal, I am so surprised you made that comment about women. Again, maybe myself and ALL of the women I know are exceptions to the rules, but we all are extremely careful when we park, and make sure not to damage other cars.

As for parking, I have one word, VALET. I inspect the car before they take it, then when I get it back I walk around it. Any door ding is their responsibility, and they must repair the damage.

The worst valet incidence we have had was when hubby had just had his car detailed and we went to a mall. He valeted it, and we had dinner. When we got it back, it was all wet down one side. The guy parked it next to a sprinkler. A few choice words to the valet, and they gave us a car wash coupon.

I have valeted the new baby once, they parked it out front instead of in the lot. Perfect solution,
Old 12/9/04, 02:16 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 9, 2004, 3:16 PM
Surfnsocal, I am so surprised you made that comment about women. Again, maybe myself and ALL of the women I know are exceptions to the rules, but we all are extremely careful when we park, and make sure not to damage other cars.

As for parking, I have one word, VALET. I inspect the car before they take it, then when I get it back I walk around it. Any door ding is their responsibility, and they must repair the damage.

The worst valet incidence we have had was when hubby had just had his car detailed and we went to a mall. He valeted it, and we had dinner. When we got it back, it was all wet down one side. The guy parked it next to a sprinkler. A few choice words to the valet, and they gave us a car wash coupon.

I have valeted the new baby once, they parked it out front instead of in the lot. Perfect solution,
Now if only they had a Valet at wal-mart I wouldn't have had that problem

Then again, if I went somewhere that did have a valet that guy wouldn't have brought that piece of junk car.
Old 12/9/04, 02:26 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I know, they need valets at the grocery store, and nail salons, etc... LOL

When I can, I park next to nice cars... next to curbs, and then hug it like crazy.

Here in HB, the biggest problem is parking if you have to go to Main St. The parking is EXTREMELY limited, and chaotic.

I do have to say though... sometimes, I have been FORCED to park close to another car, simply because the person next to me had parked so poorly. If you look at all the cars, you can normally tell who the person was who started the chain reaction.
Old 12/9/04, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

that really stinks........i feel your pain. we have a 2001 black cobra coupe and idk who or what the heck they where thinking but they had the ***** to put a scratch from the door handle to the freakin taillight on the drivers side.we had it for only freakin 2 months. if i saw who did this i prolly would have went to jail for what i would have done. idiots, i think it was some homless guy who was pissed at my mom cuz he asked for bottles and we had none.he was prolly jealous of what a cool car we had lol.people are sick. why cant people be charged like hurting a person wen touching or damaging sombody elses car. its just as cruel to hurt a car.its like hurting their child to some.
Old 12/9/04, 10:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by lucky lou@December 9, 2004, 2:54 PM
uofh2005 -- I went by on my lunch break the shop has kind of merged into dent repair & window tinting now -- The guy who does the dent repair "Wade" wasn't there today -- should be in tomorrow (9-5) We'll se what he says...
Prolly not the same place anymore then. They were completely separate from the tint shop. I found a website for them, www.dentwizard.com and a number 1800dentwiz if you dont like the guy from the "new" tint and dent removal shop.
Old 12/10/04, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sundeep@December 8, 2004, 6:56 PM
Lucky Lou, it sounds like your dent is in a similar location to mine, I need to do a dent doctor thing too, let us know how it goes, and how much it's gonna set you back!
got it fixed today - can't even tell it was there ... awesome job took 30 min & cost $100 - but well worth it.
Old 12/10/04, 07:10 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Ok, today I went to the mall. I parked in a spot that had a curb on the passenger side and then grass so nobody could park on the passenger side of my car. I pulled as close as possible to the curb so there was a good distance between my car and the one on the drivers side. I went into the mall and when I came back someone parked their redneck truck on the grass, right next to my car. I looked for dings, dents, etc etc. and just to make vmAirCooled happy I didn't kick the guys truck. I called the local towing company instead and had his truck towed for parking illegally. I waited for them to arrive to make sure it was being towed. Looks like he is also going to get a fine to pay for the damage he did to the grass

That's almost better than kicking it
Old 12/10/04, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by adrenalin@December 10, 2004, 9:13 PM
I looked for dings, dents, etc etc. and just to make vmAirCooled happy I didn't kick the guys truck. I called the local towing company instead and had his truck towed for parking illegally. I waited for them to arrive to make sure it was being towed. Looks like he is also going to get a fine to pay for the damage he did to the grass

That's almost better than kicking it
LOL !! I have visions of you taking an Anger Management class, taught by vmAirCooled. I would say you passed with flying colors.

Quick Reply: I hate parking lots!