Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 8/29/16, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Yep, you can't help but get mad when you see another chip, but the anger subsides pretty quick.

Good luck in your classes and getting back on your feet, bud
Old 8/29/16, 10:25 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Patrick, sorry to hear about that .... I recently found a chip on the right front fender of my car, at a car show of all places, and was livid! But what can you do, you drive it, stuff will happen.

Speaking of driving it, I drove mine this morning.
Took it to school
That's right, at 41 I'm a student again.
Going for a Web Development course, gonna re-learn some stuff I already know along with learning a whole bunch of stuff I don't.
Should really help my fiancee and I in the new Web Services business we're starting.
Awesome Gabe!

Wife and I got our Masters about 5 years after College, so it was tough getting back into it, but we persevered. (ok, I copied her answers... haha).

Gosh, that was 8 years ago we did that. Good lord. 2 kids later, you can't ask me to do that again.
Old 8/29/16, 02:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I'm more concerned about how close the car behind him got to him. I'm thinking Tony parked first, then the other dude came. Then tony gave him the evil eye throughout the rest of the show and that is why he never left his car to survey the rest.
LMFAO
That's exactly what happened. I was parked first and the rest of the MOM crew came after. (Gabe parked next to me and Ansel next to him.) But, he really wasn't that close. It's the angle of the photo that makes it look close. (I think that's Chris's car. Gabe might know his name.)
Old 8/31/16, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opened the hood and went......yep.....needs that cold air intake I've been waiting to buy so I ordered one today,went with the C&L,Roush was a close 2nd followed by Airaid.....
Old 9/2/16, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Drained the Amsoil transmission fluid that's only been in there for about a thousand miles, re-filled the tranny with fresh custom-blended stuff from BND Automotive, loaded a new tune revision that finally fixed my stalling issues, and went out for a drive.
Like a whole new car, smooth shifts again and no more stalling.
Awesome!!
Old 9/2/16, 04:27 PM

Took a pic of radiator tank cover,master cylinder cover and strut tower covers,think I might paint strut tower covers black or red not sure yet.

Old 9/2/16, 04:29 PM

My new CAI should be here Mon or Tues and that should help clean up the engine bay to.
Old 9/2/16, 04:32 PM

Painted my calipers red yesterday and it looks nice,might paint the brackets black,still out on that.
Old 9/2/16, 06:04 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Drove it for a little cruise for 15 miles.
Old 9/2/16, 09:28 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Drove it for a little cruise for 15 miles.
Drove mine too, then had a new crapmaro ss try to play with me. He wasn't stock either, so it was fun. I like how those look more and more.
Old 9/2/16, 11:55 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 586 Likes on 420 Posts
Think I'm about done with Mustangs, even as much as I love them, have had them for 30 years. Just about over the complicated massive OHC engines and the excessive cost to do anything to them to get little results.

Think I'm going to start looking to cars with LS based engines, like Corvettes, they're monsters of torque, they're cheap to build, they're easy to work on, and they kick the crap out of OHC motors for a lot less money. The torque they make is unavailable with a 5.0 unless you spend 20K to build it, not to mention the power if you boost an LS or the new LT based engine.

I really don't know where to go, but I do know that you're pissing a ton of money in the wind to build a coyote based motor to keep up with an LS type motor.
Old 9/3/16, 05:48 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Think I'm about done with Mustangs, even as much as I love them, have had them for 30 years. Just about over the complicated massive OHC engines and the excessive cost to do anything to them to get little results.

Think I'm going to start looking to cars with LS based engines, like Corvettes, they're monsters of torque, they're cheap to build, they're easy to work on, and they kick the crap out of OHC motors for a lot less money. The torque they make is unavailable with a 5.0 unless you spend 20K to build it, not to mention the power if you boost an LS or the new LT based engine.

I really don't know where to go, but I do know that you're pissing a ton of money in the wind to build a coyote based motor to keep up with an LS type motor.
Whoa. Where did this come from? Lol. Did you have a bad day and go to sleep late? . You have a point tho. I hear this from my shop buddies too.

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/3/16 at 05:49 AM.
Old 9/3/16, 08:25 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Drove mine too, then had a new crapmaro ss try to play with me. He wasn't stock either, so it was fun. I like how those look more and more.
Yeah,...did you see the video I posted in your thread?!?!
****ing nasty!!! And that cam lope?!? Furgetabouthiiitttttt!!!!

Whoa. Where did this come from? Lol. Did you have a bad day and go to sleep late? . You have a point tho. I hear this from my shop buddies too.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (Lee,...did you see the '16 Camaro video I posted in Burton's thread? Give that a watch and you'll be blown away. Stupid power and torque. And stupid fast. See the rubber it lays down behind it when taking off??! )
Yeah,.......the Corvette makes stupid torque and great power. (That is of course if you are referring to the Z06.)
You're right though Lee. With 20k on either car, you're going to get a monster of a car, but with the Corvette, you're going to get a mega-monster of a car.
Old 9/3/16, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It's all relative, especially you coming from a GT500. Where you live, I'm sure you get to let your car's legs stretch a bit more than I do where I live. Where I live, I can't fathom having more power than I do now. It's just unusable. I know local guys who have supercharged their Mustangs and I'm literally the only one who's taken my car to the strip AND autocross.

Cool, you dropped $6-10k to swing your 600hp d*ck around, to pop your hood and look pretty at the car shows.

Lee, what are your goals? And what LS-based car are you comparing the Mustang to? My car has full exhaust and a dyno tune from AED - I was dead even with a buddy's 2016 all stock Camaro SS 6MT. I'm probably making about the same hp and obviously less torque than he is, but I also spent less on my car which allowed me to afford some mods. I've gotten used to my power level, and still dream of the supercharger noises, but where I live, it's just not practical to drop that kind of money.

I will agree to the LS and any OHV engine being easier and cheaper to build up though. Still, I can't get over Camaro interiors. The new gen has much nicer materials but I still hate the styling. Corvettes are nice, but I personally need the back seats so they're not even on my radar. I always snap my head to look at the Challengers, but they're too big and I don't care for the interior build quality (mainly the buttons and how they feel cheap when I press them). So where does that leave us? Not buying a "luxury car." So....again, what are your goals?
Old 9/4/16, 12:58 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

All of my days are bad, and I haven't slept more than an hour at a time in years, lol. But that has nothing to do with my rant. Although, I'm surprised it came across as clearly as it did considering I'd consumed about 25 OZ of vodka when I wrote that, LOL.

Originally Posted by laserred38
It's all relative, especially you coming from a GT500. Where you live, I'm sure you get to let your car's legs stretch a bit more than I do where I live. Where I live, I can't fathom having more power than I do now. It's just unusable. I know local guys who have supercharged their Mustangs and I'm literally the only one who's taken my car to the strip AND autocross.

Cool, you dropped $6-10k to swing your 600hp d*ck around, to pop your hood and look pretty at the car shows.

Lee, what are your goals? And what LS-based car are you comparing the Mustang to? My car has full exhaust and a dyno tune from AED - I was dead even with a buddy's 2016 all stock Camaro SS 6MT. I'm probably making about the same hp and obviously less torque than he is, but I also spent less on my car which allowed me to afford some mods. I've gotten used to my power level, and still dream of the supercharger noises, but where I live, it's just not practical to drop that kind of money.

I will agree to the LS and any OHV engine being easier and cheaper to build up though. Still, I can't get over Camaro interiors. The new gen has much nicer materials but I still hate the styling. Corvettes are nice, but I personally need the back seats so they're not even on my radar. I always snap my head to look at the Challengers, but they're too big and I don't care for the interior build quality (mainly the buttons and how they feel cheap when I press them). So where does that leave us? Not buying a "luxury car." So....again, what are your goals?
I'm stuck somewhere in the middle dude. You know me, anything I buy will be a toy so I don't have to worry about all the stuff like you do, how many seats it has, how it works as a daily driver, etc. I don't care if it has only one seat, as long as it can fit my **** in it and it shoves me back into that seat, lol.

I love the Challengers, but the only one I'd want is a Hellcat. And I'm not spending $50-60K+ on another toy. I easily can, but I'm not going to. I actually wish I wouldn't have bought a new GT500, should have bought a used one with some miles on it and just drove the living **** out of it instead of buying a new one and worrying about it all the time.

I guess I'm in a weird position. I love Mustangs (as you know) have had more of them than I can count over the last 30+ years. Hell, there were times that I had 4 at once, lol, I'm just tired and bored.

I'd like something with an LS, something I can put a big fat cam in like an old school muscle car like I used to when I was young, that rumpity rumpity lope. Something that has some serious grunt when you crack that throttle open. I just don't see a coyote as an easy way to get that. Sure they make a lot of power, but they don't have that shove you back at the hit kind of power, I really don't want to wind it to the moon for the power to come on, I want it right ****ing NOW.

My 500 was like that, it was unruly, a real ****ing handful when you stepped off on it. Wasn't the fastest thing on the road, but it was scary to control when you cracked it open right off the hit.

Honestly it isn't so much what it is, just how it feels, real world feel, that raw power at any time without having to wind it up to the moon to get going.

Hell, I'd like a C6, that LS3 can be cammed, heads, etc. pretty easily and its already fast as hell.

TBH, I'd actully like a Caddy CTS-V......

Wagon! Just because its so unlikely and unassuming to blow your ****ing doors off, lol.
Old 9/4/16, 02:04 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well I can tear down my OHV Windsor motors I have to a short block and put them back together.

All I can do to a OHC is bolt on power adders and hope nothing happens
Old 9/4/16, 02:27 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well I can tear down my OHV Windsor motors I have to a short block and put them back together.

All I can do to a OHC is bolt on power adders and hope nothing happens
Exactly. I can practically tear down and rebuild a small or big block Ford, or a small or big block chevy blindfolded. Hell, I've had SBF and SBC engines torn completely apart, scattered all over my garage through the years, waiting for parts to come back from the machine shop to put them back together. I can't do **** to a coyote, or even a modular engine of any type for that matter.

I think I'm just ready to get back to something simple that I know about. Something that I can stuff a lumpy cam into, something I can put a stroker crank and rods into myself and know what I'm doing. Sure, I'll have to get someone to tune it to run with FI, but I can turn the wrenches on it and know what I'm doing.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/4/16 at 02:30 AM.
Old 9/4/16, 03:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah I forget that you don't have to worry about all the crud I have to worry about

In that case, I'm all for it. One of my really close friends is a diehard GM guy and he even has me snooping around CL for "project" cars that may or may not have GM engines.

I totally feel you on the CTS-V wagon. People are too proud of them though, if you can even find one. Rightfully so I guess. I'll approve of a C6. I've worked on a couple at the stereo shop I used to work at, and I honestly think it's my favorite modern Corvette. The interior really isn't that bad, especially with the leather package that covers everything with contrasting color.

Otherwise, do what I hope to do in the near future with my dad - pick up an old 50-60s bucket, redo the interior and powertrain/suspension/brakes, and leave the outside all patina'd up so you don't have to worry about it getting scratched up, and make it a sleeper!
Old 9/4/16, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Exactly. I can practically tear down and rebuild a small or big block Ford, or a small or big block chevy blindfolded. Hell, I've had SBF and SBC engines torn completely apart, scattered all over my garage through the years, waiting for parts to come back from the machine shop to put them back together. I can't do **** to a coyote, or even a modular engine of any type for that matter.

I think I'm just ready to get back to something simple that I know about. Something that I can stuff a lumpy cam into, something I can put a stroker crank and rods into myself and know what I'm doing. Sure, I'll have to get someone to tune it to run with FI, but I can turn the wrenches on it and know what I'm doing.
so you want to do something like jmsimmons did to his V6?

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ne-mod-531999/

Last edited by Cavero; 9/4/16 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 9/4/16, 08:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Cavero
so you want to do something like jmsimmons did to his V6?

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ne-mod-531999/

Exactly man. I love that freaking car and his build. One of the best cars ever. Love it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?