General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/07, 10:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
one small problem, there are three Oktoberfests in So Cal. Torrance, HB and Anaheim.
Guess you'll have to go to all 3 then.
Old 10/8/07, 10:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kh765
Guess you'll have to go to all 3 then.
I've been to all three.
HB = Drunk fest ( Last time I went I was later told that we left because of a bomb threat and the cops EVERYWHERE). Stay away from the **** Death Bombs... 1 shot of Rumplemintz + 1 shot Jagermeister .......
Anaheim = More family affair, sat with ex-Luftwaffe pilots and listened to Battle of Britain stories.
Torrence = lots of fun, it's been a long while since I've visited there. Looks like I'll have to go again.
Old 10/8/07, 11:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
one small problem, there are three Oktoberfests in So Cal. Torrance, HB and Anaheim.
http://www.thephoenixclub.com/

Oops! Never knew about the Anaheim Fest!
But hey, the more the merrier!!

Stay away from the **** Death Bombs... 1 shot of Rumplemintz + 1 shot Jagermeister .......
That 35oz of Alpine Lager was my Death Bomb.
Old 10/8/07, 11:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill2-Congrats on the new KB.

Jorge-Atleast it's not underpowered your right where you should be for a stock PJ.

Bill-Looks like you had a good weekend.

Hood stripe-Looking kind of funky still right in front of the shaker. It's very bubbly and won't come out even after using a needle. I'll let it sit for another week before deciding wether or not to pull it off. I'll take pics tomorrow so you guys can judge if I'm being to picky or not.

Decklid blackout-Had a few big bubbles that came without much of a struggle.

I'll be sending back my MGW cup holder bezel tomorrow and will be replacing it with the SHR satin finish bezel (Finally a SHR product for my car). Coat hangers are still on backorder.

BMR relo brackets should be here by the end of the week and I'll be ordering either the BMR LCA's or the Steeda LCA's towards the end of the week. So right now it's looking like next weekend at the earliest for install on both of those.

With that said I may be selling the LCA's later down the road as I plan to go with the Saleen Watts link rear suspension later on down the road. That's still a ways a way though a gears is next on the list.
Old 10/8/07, 11:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Anyone looking for a BMR swaybar delete.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72053
Old 10/8/07, 11:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Anyone looking for a BMR swaybar delete.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72053
Thanks Leo, I sent him a PM. We'll see if it pans out.
Old 10/8/07, 11:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just found out my Shaker HU is compatible with the new brandmotion ipod adaper. Now should I get this or should I save up and just by a new HU altogether?

Brian-Did you order one of these? How is it?
Old 10/9/07, 12:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just found out my Shaker HU is compatible with the new brandmotion ipod adaper. Now should I get this or should I save up and just by a new HU altogether?

Brian-Did you order one of these? How is it?
No not yet. I got the hotsheet with the TMS price, PM me if you want to know what it is. Anyway I've got scale back some on spending $$$ until after Nov. I've got vacation, a company thing in Orlando and some mac software I've got to by. I'm thinking it's at least my early Xmas present to myself.

Although I do need to talk to Kevin as I really want the Nav-Unit. There is some problems with it I guess some error that you can just push a button to make it go away ?? So my ultimate I couldn't ask for more is the Shaker 1K + Nav-Unit + iPod controller. Now if I can't do the Nav-Unit I can deal with that. Personally the Shaker 1K is all I'd reasonably want in a head-unit. The iPod is just icing on the cake. I do not plan on upgrading it at all (Nav-unit excepted)

If you're buying LCAs then selling them, let me know the brandmotion and LCAs are the next two things on my list.
Old 10/9/07, 01:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

No not yet. I got the hotsheet with the TMS price, PM me if you want to know what it is. Anyway I've got scale back some on spending $$$ until after Nov. I've got vacation, a company thing in Orlando and some mac software I've got to by. I'm thinking it's at least my early Xmas present to myself.

Although I do need to talk to Kevin as I really want the Nav-Unit. There is some problems with it I guess some error that you can just push a button to make it go away ?? So my ultimate I couldn't ask for more is the Shaker 1K + Nav-Unit + iPod controller. Now if I can't do the Nav-Unit I can deal with that. Personally the Shaker 1K is all I'd reasonably want in a head-unit. The iPod is just icing on the cake. I do not plan on upgrading it at all (Nav-unit excepted)

If you're buying LCAs then selling them, let me know the brandmotion and LCAs are the next two things on my list.
I got the price from Kevin to I just can't decide if I want a new head unit or not. If the price were a little lower I'd buy it and then turn around and sell it if and when I do decide on a HU. I wouldn't wait around on the LCA's if they're on the top of your list. Reason being the Saleen watts link probably won't be till sometime around b-day in January at the earliest. Like I said gears are my next big mod. I'm 95% certain I'll be going with 4:10's.

BTW-Early reg. for Sunset Showdown is due by next Monday. I'll probably be sending it out later this week. I'll be in the Modified coupe class with Bill.

Anyone else besides Bill and I going?

Good night.
Old 10/9/07, 02:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Hood stripe-Looking kind of funky still right in front of the shaker. It's very bubbly and won't come out even after using a needle. I'll let it sit for another week before deciding wether or not to pull it off. I'll take pics tomorrow so you guys can judge if I'm being to picky or not.

I'll be sending back my MGW cup holder bezel tomorrow and will be replacing it with the SHR satin finish bezel (Finally a SHR product for my car)
Hope the hood stripe works out. I think it looks really good.

Old 10/9/07, 02:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

JCC Productions

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I only one run and then 2 1/2 minutes of black. What's up?

Nice tho.
I just fixed the the vid it adds two more runs. In the mail today I got my MGW shifter That thing looks sweet, it lives up to all the talk about it.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...=GTRDynoKB.flv

TacoBill nice job on the brew vid, time for your Oscar!

RayMan nice that your dingless now

Okay off to sleep
Old 10/9/07, 08:18 AM

Hood stripe-Looking kind of funky still right in front of the shaker. It's very bubbly and won't come out even after using a needle. I'll let it sit for another week before deciding wether or not to pull it off.
If there's one vinyl crease in the hood stripe (that can't come out)... scrub it. On a showcar, it unacceptable. If you're off the show circuit, then who cares about a tiny bubble or crease as no one will look at it that closely (even if they do, who really cares, right?).

Sucks though, I really liked the way it looks. Sorry I was not more skilled at laying these things down.

Now should I get this or should I save up and just by a new HU altogether?
Alpine, Eclipse or Pioneer... or bust!

Of the couple guys (mrkabc being one) here that bought and installed the Ford NAV HU, they regret it in hindsight.

Although I do need to talk to Kevin as I really want the Nav-Unit. There is some problems with it I guess some error that you can just push a button to make it go away ??
Why spend a grand for HU that looks stock, can't play DVD movies, and is known to have problems?

I dunno, maybe I'm just an Alpine fan.

I got the price from Kevin to I just can't decide if I want a new head unit or not.
See above.

BTW-Early reg. for Sunset Showdown is due by next Monday. I'll probably be sending it out later this week. I'll be in the Modified coupe class with Bill.

I'm in for sure.

BLACK vs TORCH RED... should be interesting!
Old 10/9/07, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I just fixed the the vid it adds two more runs.

In the mail today I got my MGW shifter That thing looks sweet, it lives up to all the talk about it.
Updated vid looks sweet, Jed! Love the music too!

GTR must be doing alot of tweaking (or having fun), you're up to runfile 41!

You now have 2 guys with MGW shifter install experience, Brian and myself.
Whatever Brian will charge (by means of money, beer, In-N-Out burgers, or whatever) to help with the install, I'm doubling it since I have 2 installs under my belt.
Old 10/9/07, 08:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Thanks Leo, I sent him a PM. We'll see if it pans out.
Woops completely missed your post last night. Cool hopefully it works out.

Hope the hood stripe works out. I think it looks really good.

Not sold on the decklid panel but I really like the hood stripe.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I just fixed the the vid it adds two more runs. In the mail today I got my MGW shifter That thing looks sweet, it lives up to all the talk about it.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...=GTRDynoKB.flv

TacoBill nice job on the brew vid, time for your Oscar!

RayMan nice that your dingless now

Okay off to sleep
Sweet.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
If there's one vinyl crease in the hood stripe (that can't come out)... scrub it. On a showcar, it unacceptable. If you're off the show circuit, then who cares about a tiny bubble or crease as no one will look at it that closely (even if they do, who really cares, right?).

Sucks though, I really liked the way it looks. Sorry I was not more skilled at laying these things down.

Alpine, Eclipse or Pioneer... or bust!

I'm in for sure.

BLACK vs TORCH RED... should be interesting!
No problem Bill I'm sure if I'd done it myself it would be in the trash right now.

Ford navi not on my list. If I switch head units it's to an alpine or pioneer. The only thing I'm debating is if I should get the ipod adapter in the mean time.
Old 10/9/07, 08:41 AM

No problem Bill I'm sure if I'd done it myself it would be in the trash right now.
Thanks Leo, but I still feel bad about doing a sub-standard job on your car. If it were on mine, no biggie. But, on someone else's, I feel bad and responsible.

Ford navi not on my list. If I switch head units it's to an alpine or pioneer. The only thing I'm debating is if I should get the ipod adapter in the mean time.
Good decision.
Personally, I wouldn't waste anymore money towards the Shaker unit. Just save for the Alpine/Pioneer and get an iPod interface with it.
Old 10/9/07, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Leo, but I still feel bad about doing a sub-standard job on your car. If it were on mine, no biggie. But, on someone else's, I feel bad and responsible.

Good decision.
Personally, I wouldn't waste anymore money towards the Shaker unit. Just save for the Alpine/Pioneer and get an iPod interface with it.
No biggie worst case scenario I get a new one at a discounted price or free hopefully.

True.

Good thread about GT500 OEM and Ebay spoiler.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72011
Old 10/9/07, 08:53 AM

No biggie worst case scenario I get a new one at a discounted price or free hopefully.

Good thread about GT500 OEM and Ebay spoiler.
I'd request a replacement for free or at a steep discount. Then, go get a quote to have it professionally installed. Wait.. maybe the other way around.

I like the GT500 spoiler, but just not too sure about going through the hassle of striping it.
Old 10/9/07, 09:07 AM

What are you up to Leo?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...17#post1020417
Old 10/9/07, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'd request a replacement for free or at a steep discount. Then, go get a quote to have it professionally installed. Wait.. maybe the other way around.

I like the GT500 spoiler, but just not too sure about going through the hassle of striping it.
Just do it.

Well If they're black I figure it wouldn't hurt to have some extra pieces for my car. Remember she's getting old with 19,000 miles now.
Old 10/9/07, 09:36 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Someone had a blast at Oktoberfest!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)