Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Gotta admit, kinda creepy.
Old 10/10/07, 01:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I'd say go in the personalized class.

I don't think it takes "themes" to win but I do think it takes a few chrome/billet accessories. I think the engine bay is probably the biggest factor since it's what most people see. The rest of the car so long as it's clean and tastefully done comes second IMO. Atleast that's what I look at when judging. With that said I think your car and Jorges should have definatly placed over the 60 seconds, and star trek nerd.

FYI everyone-After doing some research on the Saleen watts link I've found out it does not replace the LCA's. The only things it replaces/removes are diff cover, panhard bar, panhard support bar, and the rear swaybar. The things I thought were LCA's were the two bars that move around the diff cover.
Lakewood aka Mr Gasket makes a Watts Link system

http://www.lmperformance.com/15849/73.html

But I still get a bonner for the Saleen system. If I get the Saleen system I'm going to machine the "Saleen" name off of it hahahah! Then put Roush on it! I'm checkin the piggy bank for funds this will end up as phase 2 of my cars evolution.

Jed
Old 10/10/07, 01:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Gotta admit, kinda creepy.
+1 Stalker.
Old 10/10/07, 01:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Lakewood aka Mr Gasket makes a Watts Link system

http://www.lmperformance.com/15849/73.html

But I still get a bonner for the Saleen system. If I get the Saleen system I'm going to machine the "Saleen name off of it hahahah! Then put Roush on it! I'm checkin the piggy bank for funds this will end up as phase 2 of my cars evolution.

Jed
Seen that before. The quality looks so cheap though when compared to the Saleen system.
Old 10/10/07, 05:47 AM
Cobra Member

You are the MAN Bill2, that was outstanding! Now I really, really like the number 73
Old 10/10/07, 05:50 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Haven't seen that one, but this one is my favorite!
Ive never seen that one before, it's absolutely hysterical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfG36T7Ms74
That's the wedding one.
Old 10/10/07, 08:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
You'll need all the shine you can get going up against the "stangpede".
I own Stangpede!

The average (S197) Mustang owner could care less for Lambo doors, off the wall body kits, 22" wheels, chameleon paint jobs, neon glow sticks in the foot wells ( ) ,etc... etc.

This is where cars setup like mine stand out. 'Over the top' doesn't always guarantee a trophy.

Originally Posted by habu
Speaking of shows.... Doing the Sunset registration....
Your point count seems right. Enter in the Personalized Class.

We owners seem to break down into 3 major groups;
The show garage queens
The performance minded
The commuting daily drivers

Of course, one can do a combo (like Leo), but nonetheless still break down into those 3 groups.

If your goal is to place at a show, you've been to enough of them to see what you still need to do. Knowing you, you're a 'Go Fast' guy all the way whose not afraid to laydown a patch of rubber because it'll get the wheel wells dirty.
Now I'm not saying that just because one guy is more into performance than show, to let it turn into a filthy mess. But, just keep it clean enough to make working on the car pleasant.

When entering shows, just have fun hanging out with the guys and seeing what performance mods are being done. Then if you place, that's great. But, if you go expecting that you'll place, you typically go home skunked. In the end, it's just a piece of plastic.

I don't think it takes "themes" to win but I do think it takes a few chrome/billet accessories. I think the engine bay is probably the biggest factor since it's what most people see. The rest of the car so long as it's clean and tastefully done comes second IMO.
Agreed. This is where Jed's Roush will shine through. His will undoubtedly crush his competition.
Old 10/10/07, 08:28 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Never go to the show expecting to place, you never know the judges tastes, go to have a good time, and a better one if you place. Personally I like the subtle changes for the car, ones that look like they could be factory. Bill, I think your car looks excellent. All of your mods are subtle, it keeps a person like me looking at the car, and finding more stuff. "oh wow, thats different, oh, and so is that, etc"
Old 10/10/07, 08:29 AM

Bill I think you should upgrade to this exhaust...
That sounds a little to 'X' piperish. Sounds like it's got some Stage 3 cams too.
Somehow, I doubt it'll pass CA emissions.

But I still get a bonner for the Saleen system.

Seen that before. The quality looks so cheap though when compared to the Saleen system.
Generally, you get what you pay for.

However, I wonder how this LMP stacks up against the Saleen as far as performance?

Originally Posted by StangMahn
That's a good one too!
Old 10/10/07, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I own Stangpede!

The average (S197) Mustang owner could care less for Lambo doors, off the wall body kits, 22" wheels, chameleon paint jobs, neon glow sticks in the foot wells ( ) ,etc... etc.

This is where cars setup like mine stand out. 'Over the top' doesn't always guarantee a trophy.

Your point count seems right. Enter in the Personalized Class.

We owners seem to break down into 3 major groups;
The show garage queens
The performance minded
The commuting daily drivers

Of course, one can do a combo (like Leo), but nonetheless still break down into those 3 groups.

If your goal is to place at a show, you've been to enough of them to see what you still need to do. Knowing you, you're a 'Go Fast' guy all the way whose not afraid to laydown a patch of rubber because it'll get the wheel wells dirty.
Now I'm not saying that just because one guy is more into performance than show, to let it turn into a filthy mess. But, just keep it clean enough to make working on the car pleasant.

When entering shows, just have fun hanging out with the guys and seeing what performance mods are being done. Then if you place, that's great. But, if you go expecting that you'll place, you typically go home skunked. In the end, it's just a piece of plastic.

Agreed. This is where Jed's Roush will shine through. His will undoubtedly crush his competition.
OK, I got a little harsh at the end, once I got on a roll I couldn't stop

Thanks for the help figuring it out. I still think they should modify the criteria to account for at least a short shifter.. I mean heck floor mats are there ???

Anyway, the trophies are actually really nice. Little pieces of plastic is not right. I like hanging out and checking others out. But it's the 'pede mentality or the doo-dads, PT Cruisers anyone, that just kill it for me. Here I am anguishing over where I should add a couple of points and I got worked up. I think I'd feel better if at least I knew where I stood, ya know ? does everyone but me hate my car (which perversly is pretty cool to me) or am I just a couple things away from doing well. If I'm in the category of it's a nice car but not a "Show Car" I can deal with that too if I knew that's where I stand.

An example, Scottie.. the BCMC guy with the Whipple. I love his car. Wouldn't do some of what he's done and a couple bits are a tad tooo showy for me but still it's a knock out. Function over form bad-a$$ed all around. That I get. Movie car-girl I don't get.

Are my efforts being appreciated by my public, you know the little people. If I'm gonna be up on the pedestal I gotta look good up there.
Old 10/10/07, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
OK, I got a little harsh at the end, once I got on a roll I couldn't stop
Brian, your car in my opinion can be both. It looks good enough to be a show car but also has the goods under the hood to back it up! I think your car and the rest of the guys(Bill,Jed,Leo,Ray) look great and have set the standard on how to mod your stang! I see a lot of the import scene spreading into the mustang crowd(ie.neon,lambo doors,ect)

Never go to the show expecting to place, you never know the judges tastes, go to have a good time, and a better one if you place. Personally I like the subtle changes for the car, ones that look like they could be factory. Bill, I think your car looks excellent. All of your mods are subtle, it keeps a person like me looking at the car, and finding more stuff. "oh wow, thats different, oh, and so is that, etc"
You guys are right on the money, it's too easy to get all involved in the award/trophy state of mind. I have done that in the the past and its not fun.
I have had great times at car shows when your not worrying about placing.
Old 10/10/07, 11:29 AM

Anyway, the trophies are actually really nice. Little pieces of plastic is not right.

I think I'd feel better if at least I knew where I stood, ya know ? does everyone but me hate my car (which perversly is pretty cool to me) or am I just a couple things away from doing well.
When my son, Chris, first started participating in Motocross racing and Martial Arts tournaments, I was a trophy hunting Dad. This was bad and unhealthy for me and Chris when he didn't place. I didn't get it back then, but now I look at things differently. I now see that it's not the collection of medals that's important, but rather the hard work of training and effort he puts forth that defines him.

John Candy pretty much summed it up in this quote from Cool Runnings, "... a gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not enough without one, you'll never be enough with one."

Brian, just entering your car in a show already puts you in that small percentile of owners that keep their car in the best condition they can. That alone makes the majority of the 'little people' drool at the sight of your Mustang. But, to compete against the others at the show level, it must not only be clean, but also must be a little different or unique in order to stand out (which usually means some bling).

With that said, present your car the best you can and be satisfied with what you've accomplished. And if you've done that, you've already won.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
I have had great times at car shows when your not worrying about placing.
That's exactly what I intend to do this Sunday (kick Stangpede's a$$! )
Old 10/10/07, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
That's exactly what I intend to do this Sunday (kick Stangpede's a$$! )
Right on Bill
Old 10/10/07, 05:03 PM
Cobra R Member

John Candy pretty much summed it up in this quote from Cool Runnings, "... a gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not enough without one, you'll never be enough with one."
Who remember's quotes from Cool Runnings???????? j/k
Old 10/10/07, 05:11 PM
Cobra R Member

BTW, I ended up just taking my car to the dealer here. The news:

1) I asked the dealer if they would do it or if it get's contracted out. The response: it gets contracted out.

2) They gave me absolutely no grief concerning the top. The service manager looked at it, said "yep, it's torn", made a copy of my TSB's, and said he'd talk to the parts manager to get the parts on order (all this occurred in about 5 minutes tops)

3) I asked about getting the cloth top. The parts manager said it was up to the service manager, but did mention that any part ordered has the likelihood of being audited by Ford. So, since the dealership is so good to me, I told them to just get the one that the TSB calls for. That way, there can be no chance of someone getting in trouble. ALSO, if for some reason the top has to be changed again, there won't be issues later.

Another thumbs up to the service dept here. They have always been helpful. I can't say enough about them, and hopefully that will continue.
Old 10/10/07, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Who remember's quotes from Cool Runnings???????? j/k
That's one of my favorite John Candy movies!

Originally Posted by mikes rx
BTW, I ended up just taking my car to the dealer here. The news:
Good deal, hope all works out well with the install and new top.
Old 10/10/07, 06:54 PM

Qmxi

Per Jon's request, the ultimate QMXI slideshow video.

Jed and I were tasked to give some positive promotion for the show. I think we hit the mark with this TacoBill video. Kinda re-hashed the Ozzy song, but it fit well, so I used it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH2DMGKUFKw

It's a sneak peak for you TMS guys before it formally debuts at the Mustang Cafe next week.

edit.. On Jon's wedding, he may have a Mustang corral parking. I'll keep interested parties updated on this.
Old 10/10/07, 07:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I have kinda given up on going to shows WITH my Mustang.
My theme is powerful and super clean with mods that don't stick out.(i.e. sleeper)
There is almost no rust on my unpainted parts and you can see no dirt in my engine compartment.
In 15 years they will love my car at the shows, now it seems to be mostly ignored.
I usually drive my truck to shows.
I love to look at other cars, but it ain't worth the effort of dusting my car off for a bunch of goobers who don't understand.
Old 10/10/07, 08:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ordered the prop rod plug from MWAG today. They said they'd mail it out today via usps so I'm hoping it's here by Saturday.

Bill-When are you going to cover up the top of those ugly headlights.
Old 10/10/07, 09:04 PM

Ordered the prop rod plug from MWAG today. They said they'd mail it out today via usps so I'm hoping it's here by Saturday.

Bill-When are you going to cover up the top of those ugly headlights.
Please tell me you talked them into giving you that plug for free. Oh wait, I forgot you're on their sh*t list!

LOL! I keep forgetting about those covers. Yeah, one day soon, I gotta bite the bullet and get it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)