General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/07, 11:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Pass on the Shelby GT for 2 reasons.

One, you already mentioned, it's just tacked on, bolt on stuff... big deal. That riveted on hood scoop is .

Two, once you get a car like this (or a GT500, GT-H, etc.), you want to leave it stock (if you're going to keep it for the long haul), or at least I would. Which means, when tempted with all this 'mod talk', you can't do squat.

3.73's, 1-pc D/S... time to fess up Brian. Win a sizable jackpot in Vegas?
See for me I like the Shelbys for a couple reasons. The look, I think they nailed it, CS front, no rear spoiler... except for the hood scoop. Although it does look right on that car. The FRPP parts. yeah you could buy 'em yourself and except a blower it's just about everything I want to do to my car. The ADM's a huge . Now that the '08 is a VB w/silver stripes

Mini-Vegas win... naw. Just been saving my money to get as much done at one time as I can. The 3.73s & D/S are probably more in the future. Right now I'm tapped out on mods after the MGW and stripes. Probably do LCAs first, I think.
Old 6/29/07, 11:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
btw your window sticker ? mpg my 05 GT was City=20 mpg & Highway 32 mpg.
My 07 GT/CS is City 21 mpg & Highway 33 mpg whats up with all the variances ??
I still have both stickers but I seen my 05 driving around so I'm going to suprise it's new owner one day with the original.
My sticker for my 07 GT.. 17 city/25 highway... I've gotten better on they hughway though. City driving, I've got too much of a lead-foot.
Old 6/29/07, 11:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Mine says 17/25 too. What I actually get, who knows.. maybe 12?

Brian, how are the camcovers holding out?
Old 6/29/07, 11:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mine says 17/25 too. What I actually get, who knows.. maybe 12?

Brian, how are the camcovers holding out?
yeah... Like I ever come close to 17 in the city. Once I'm on the road for a bit 25+ isn't out of the question.

Cam covers look great. Actually if it's possible they look better !! At first the finish looked a little rough or dull. Popped the hood yesterday and they look shiny & smooth, go figure. Of course the spot that I fubared with the torque wrench glares at me and it's probably bad because I know it's there. Double checked for oil leaks and nada. So overall I am very pleased with my 15 dollar solution. I'll take some pics this weekend as I'm probably gonna put the FRPP rear shocks on and paint the calipers, so I'll already have the camera for that stuff.
Old 6/29/07, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I'll take some pics this weekend as I'm probably gonna put the FRPP rear shocks on and paint the calipers, so I'll already have the camera for that stuff.
Sounds great! I'll look forward to the pics.

What color G2 kit did you get?
Old 6/30/07, 12:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds great! I'll look forward to the pics.

What color G2 kit did you get?
Red. The rest of the colors blue, black & silver I wasn't too fond of and the only other color really would have been yellow. Red was safest route.
Old 6/30/07, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See for me I like the Shelbys for a couple reasons. The look, I think they nailed it, CS front, no rear spoiler... except for the hood scoop. Although it does look right on that car. The FRPP parts. yeah you could buy 'em yourself and except a blower it's just about everything I want to do to my car. The ADM's a huge . Now that the '08 is a VB w/silver stripes
I like the overall look on the Shelby GTs and the add ons to the car... Except the fugly scoop. I have seen one and got to sit in it at the MCA show in Birmingham last year. They were one of the big reasons I got the MGW shifter cause the Hurst in that car was so notchy. The CS nose and no spoiler are musts for me but I can't afford to do that sooooooo....

BTW Bill, I like the Roush rear spoiler. I would do one except around here it really common. Except for the blocks in the back, which I don't mind, to me it looks like an updated duck tail and that fits the car cause it looks like an updated 68.

My sticker for my 07 GT.. 17 city/25 highway... I've gotten better on they hughway though. City driving, I've got too much of a lead-foot.
So does mine... I think my gas mileage is better than before the tune. I have been nailing it a bit more and am still getting the mileage.

I jes loves to hear da pipes roar!

The biggest thing I notice is the power at part throttle. I don't have to push it as hard to get more power. Push it more and it really goes!
Old 6/30/07, 07:59 AM

Red. The rest of the colors blue, black & silver I wasn't too fond of and the only other color really would have been yellow. Red was safest route.
I'm interested in seeing how it turns out. Take as many detailed pics as you can.

If I painted mine, I'd choose red too. Yellow reminds me of Porsche calipers.
Old 6/30/07, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Pass for me.

But just for kicks, see any Roush decklid spoilers in TR for sale? (It's a Chris thing)
Bill I like the Roush spoiler also,

Did you see this link as it has some good side and rear close up pics

Roush spoiler
Old 6/30/07, 12:54 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I went to the dealer with the GT upfitter codes and sure enough... They were Shelby GTs, one black and one white. The black one was inside the shop so I didn't get to see it. It has the black FRP rims which I dislike. I like the 17 inch rims better. The white looked pretty nice but with a $1000 ADM and a $41,000 overall price they can keep it.

I should have asked for a test drive... I would like to see how stiff the suspension is.
Old 6/30/07, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

I have been thinking of the Konig beyonds as I like the way they look and the price is good too. What do ya'll think of these?

Old 6/30/07, 01:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Look a lot like fanblades to me. They are alright. I love deep dish rims though.
Old 6/30/07, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Leo...I know I posted it in the other thread, but are these what you were looking for?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67546
Old 6/30/07, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by philster2003

Roush spoiler
Quoting myself now that’s a first...............

So I'm driving to the store this afternoon and what do I pull up to at the red light................... yep an Alloy Metallic Roush GT. Very nice. We exchanged pleasantries and then we both lit up the rear ends and were off in a blazing glory. Nice....................

I liked the looks of the rear spoiler very much, that might be a direction I take when $ begin to flow again at my house.
Old 6/30/07, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
I have been thinking of the Konig beyonds as I like the way they look and the price is good too. What do ya'll think of these?

Those are fanblades with the centers painted or powdercoated. I like the regular fan blades without the paint.
Old 6/30/07, 05:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Leo...I know I posted it in the other thread, but are these what you were looking for?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67546
Yup that's what I wanted but don't have the $$$.
Old 6/30/07, 06:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Yup that's what I wanted but don't have the $$$.
Can certainly relate to that.
Old 6/30/07, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Actually, those are Ford fanblades off the 08 stangs. I just think the regular fanblades are boring.
I have never been a real fan of the black rims out there but I recently saw a set of these on a black S197 GT and I thought they looked great.

These look good but I don't like the FRRP. I also like these if I want to stick to 17s.

The funky center caps will have to go though. Kinda funny but now that I got some go with the Bama Tunes I am leaning to getting some show.
Old 6/30/07, 08:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by philster2003

Roush spoiler
Roush is better than the stock.
Old 7/1/07, 01:17 AM

I was just curious about the Roush spoilers... certainly not committing to anything. About the only thing I don't like is having to drill holes into the rear quarters! However, I read that they pick up the factory spoiler decklid holes.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)