General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/07, 06:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
When are the proving grounds vids gonna be made, I have to be there to see that !!
See it?? Maybe Jed will be a pal and let us evaluate the KB from behind the wheel!
Old 10/11/07, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Leo, here's the pdf files for your LCA and Relo project.

edit: Are you planning on having your relo brackets spot welded?
BMR says: NOTE: When using bolt-in brackets, welding is recommended if 60 foot times drop below 1.70.
Thanks Bill. Not worried about the 60ft times just yet since the best I've gotten was 2.0. I doubt the LCA's and Relo brackets will help me drop 3 tenths.
Old 10/11/07, 09:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

This is what Jed will be doing later today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwEBLzhlXI
Sick video
Old 10/11/07, 10:09 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, that video is awesome. I hope Jed can be doing that.
Old 10/11/07, 11:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I lied about my RWHP it's actually....

432.83 RWHP
379.64 Torque

All I have to say is that the KB lives up to it's reputation. Loads of reserve power. When Ricardo took me for a test ride it felt like a Magic Mountain ride! It actually made me dizzy if you can imagine that! Low end torque massive. The car sounds a little diffrent maybe due to the JBA shorties and the Bassani X pipe. The handles great a little hyper at 80+ mph. I think that might be due to a needed alignment. I'll asked TacoBill if he has a local contact for a front end alignment guy. A few things need to be tended to but nothing major. One thing for sure I need to clean the car its DIRTY.This Saturday I'll bring it up to cafe show status.

Below is the final dyno run:

Questions?

Old 10/11/07, 11:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
432.83 RWHP
379.64 Torque

All I have to say is that the KB lives up to it's reputation. Loads of reserve power. When Ricardo took me for a test ride it felt like a Magic Mountain ride! It actually made me dizzy if you can imagine that! Low end torque massive. The car sounds a little diffrent maybe due to the JBA shorties and the Bassani X pipe. The handles great a little hyper at 80+ mph. I think that might be due to a needed alignment. I asked TacoBill if he has a local contact for a front end alignment. A few things need to be tended to but nothing major. One thing for sure I need to clean the car its DIRTY. By Saturday it should be back to cafe show status.

Questions?

Congrats Bill Nice numbers! I love that flat tq curve, over 300lbs of tq at just over four lbs of boost I cant wait to see it!
Old 10/11/07, 11:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
432.83 RWHP
379.64 Torque

All I have to say is that the KB lives up to it's reputation. Loads of reserve power. When Ricardo took me for a test ride it felt like a Magic Mountain ride! It actually made me dizzy if you can imagine that! Low end torque massive. The car sounds a little diffrent maybe due to the JBA shorties and the Bassani X pipe. The handles great a little hyper at 80+ mph. I think that might be due to a needed alignment. I asked TacoBill if he has a local contact for a front end alignment. A few things need to be tended to but nothing major. One thing for sure I need to clean the car its DIRTY. By Saturday it should be back to cafe show status.

Questions?

Awesome Bill !! Bet your one happy man. How long did it take 'til you spun the tires ?

Wish I could be at the cafe.
Old 10/12/07, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

WTF is this...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=351
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=352

I guess I expected a little more class from you guys.
Old 10/12/07, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry about the late posts... Just got back from Dallas yesterday and the last couple have been hectic.

That 35oz of Alpine Lager was my Death Bomb.
Yup, do it to you everytime! I had dinner there before... Might have been the trip when I stopped by. The food was ok, but the beer was .

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Interior Light Kit, MSRP: $270.00
$270!

This is what Jed will be doing later today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwEBLzhlXI
Yup, They're from Jersey... The f-word was used quite liberally.

432.83 RWHP
379.64 Torque
Awesome numbers Jed!

Questions?
Yeah... Since I can't afford a blower can I use your car as a getway vehicle when I rob the banks so I can get mine!.

I didn't get any pictures but I passed an 18 wheeler on the way home yesterday and I swear to you it had spinners on it! And no I wasn't drinking or doing drugs! So I call my wife to tell her about it and she tells me that a customer of our son just bought a GT500. On the day he picks it up he goes out and has a new blower put on it!
Then she says "maybe I can get Sonny to get it for Dubh". I had to tell that it would cost around $2000 to put that on even if I did it myself. Still way cheaper than buying a kit. But I still can't afford it.
Old 10/12/07, 07:45 AM

The car sounds a little diffrent maybe due to the JBA shorties and the Bassani X pipe.

Okay, does anyone recall Jed talking about a Bassani X?

Jed always manages to surprise us. He always bring new mods constantly to the table!

Time for another photoshoot.

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Sorry Ray. Contrary to what my friends say, I do have Class.

You see?... Attachment 34266 Attachment 34267
Attached Images   
Old 10/12/07, 08:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
WTF is this...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=351
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=352

Man tough crowd.

I met the prez and another member at the John Force Show in July(?)... They seemed like really cool people. I'd probably gravitate to it if it was a little closer.
Old 10/12/07, 08:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Jed always manages to surprise us. He always bring new mods constantly to the table!

Hey... keep this as PG or G rated as possible... I'm lucky to even to be able to have this open. Too much of this and I'll get "restricted access" like all the other peons... er users.
Old 10/12/07, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by habu
Hey... keep this as PG or G rated as possible...
That was PG.

A PG-rated motion picture should be investigated by parents before they let their younger children attend. The PG rating indicates, in the view of the Rating Board, that parents may consider some material unsuitable for their children, and parents should make that decision.

The more mature themes in some PG-rated motion pictures may call for parental guidance. There may be some profanity and some depictions of violence or brief nudity. But these elements are not deemed so intense as to require that parents be strongly cautioned beyond the suggestion of parental guidance. There is no drug use content in a PG-rated motion picture.
Old 10/12/07, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Brian sorry to re-post this you had to look at the chicken girls again I never new the colonel was hurt'n them lilttle chickies. They sure taste good I had a 9 piece original last week! The Bassani surprise snuck in at the last minute from my first dyno numbers @424 RWHP. I wanted to get it to 450 by unlocking HP buy using a better pipe. I could have thrown on a smaller pulley but achieving the HP gain from the SC to 450 would be more stressful to the motor. See my logic? That same logic is driving the carbon fiber driveshsft, I'm getting closer to 450! I think I might gain +10 to 15 HP with the new driveshaft. It may weigh anwyhere from 6 to 11 LBS, I don't know yet beacuse they are developing it will be ready in 30-60 days. I'm going to ask them if they want to feature it in a magazine. Maybe the Roush will get some press? Maybe I'll get a discount?

Keep spanking those chickens! You die'un... I'll fry'un!
Old 10/12/07, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome deal for someone that lives in Socal!!

GMS is selling A-arm braces for $15. The catch is shipping is $15. The good thing is they'll ship two of them to the same addy for that price. So $21.50 you can get yourself an A-arm support that normally goes for $60 plus shipping. I know I know it's a GMS part but come on it's only a bar I doubt BMR or CHE's is any better. So with that said who wants to jump in on this deal with me?

FYI-For you non-socal people this deal is nation wide it's just I'm looking for someone local to help absorb the riduculous shipping cost.

Bill,Bill2,Ray,Brian,Jorge. Let me know asap so I can call in the order.

BTW-after talking with BMR decided the LCA's were a waste of money since I don't have any wheel hop to speak of. Although I will still be installing the BMR relocation brackets to correct the angle of the stock lca's.
Old 10/12/07, 09:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ray-This might help you regain some of the rigidty you'll lose with the BMR swaybar delete.
Old 10/12/07, 09:48 AM

They sure taste good I had a 9 piece original last week!
By yourself?
There goes 2 more birds off the face of this Earth.

The Bassani surprise snuck in at last minute from my first dyno numbers @424 RWHP. I wanted to get it to 450 by unlocking HP buy using a better pipe. I could have thrown on a smaller pulley but achieving the HP gain from the SC to 450 would be more stressful to the motor. See my logic?
I do.

That same logic is driving the carbon fiber driveshsaft, I'm getting closer to 450! I think I might gain +10 to 15 HP with the new driveshaft.
More like 'recovering'. Flywheel HP will be the same, but more of that HP will be transferred to the rear wheels.

Another free HP is the Meziere electric H2O pump, good for 11 RWHP!

... I don't know yet because they are developing it will be ready in 30-60 days.
Sure you can wait that long?
Why not just go with BMR's 1-pc carbon fiber? link

FYI.. anticipate clearance issues if you end up getting a front driveshaft loop to your MGW shifter.

Keep spanking those chickens! You die'un... I'll fry'un!
Fried Chicken? Sounds like JCC Vol.2!
Old 10/12/07, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I know I know it's a GMS part but come on it's only a bar I doubt BMR or CHE's is any better.
That statement is directed at me.

Seriously, this is a great deal. Looks like this, but powdercoated blue, and goes here...
Old 10/12/07, 10:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

yeah it's only a bar, but I stand by my Anti-GMS stance. Sorry.

I don't have any wheel-hop so to speak either, but I'm still going with LCAs maybe it'll help cure the evil instant left turn this thing likes to do when traction is less than optimal
Old 10/12/07, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Ray-This might help you regain some of the rigidty you'll lose with the BMR swaybar delete.
Will I loose all that much? I was under the impression that it would still handle as well as stock with the delete.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)