General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/07, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Cinco De Mayo Video!!!

Here we go, guys! Brian & Leo's Cinco De Mayo video has been released for public viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAv1xtO4-eI

Great fun making the video, this is what Mustang ownership is all about!
Old 5/6/07, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can just see it now, all those people coming to work Monday and seeing that corner... "Them dang !@#$% kids any way!"

On the videos and fun!

BTW... I really like the mod to the shaker Leo.

I got back Masseychewsee-its yesterday and stopped by the local car show at the Prattville and took these pics http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=910570#post910570

Ran into a fellow TMS'r by the name of Matt and he's from Montgomery. His stang is identical to mine except he has the satin IUP. He even has a Barbers Motor Sports tag like mine! Great minds think a like!
He has the SHR louvers and I really like. The visibility is pretty good which has always been one of my major complaints about louvers. I might have to re-think them as a potential mod…

Well the shifter is still sitting in the box awaiting install… I went to the doctors today as I was having trouble breathing and found out I have pneumonia in my right lung!. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get time to install that shifter!
Old 5/6/07, 08:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian and Leo and Bill,AWESOME VIDEO
Brian had the best donuts in the beginning..it was perfect and flowed well..9 stars says me Wish I had tire money to burn like that..must be nice
John get some rest buddy..You'll be fine in no time!
Old 5/6/07, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pville piper
I can just see it now, all those people coming to work Monday and seeing that corner... "Them dang !@#$% kids any way!"

On the videos and fun!

BTW... I really like the mod to the shaker Leo.

I got back Masseychewsee-its yesterday and stopped by the local car show at the Prattville and took these pics http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=910570#post910570

Ran into a fellow TMS'r by the name of Matt and he's from Montgomery. His stang is identical to mine except he has the satin IUP. He even has a Barbers Motor Sports tag like mine! Great minds think a like!
He has the SHR louvers and I really like. The visibility is pretty good which has always been one of my major complaints about louvers. I might have to re-think them as a potential mod…

Well the shifter is still sitting in the box awaiting install… I went to the doctors today as I was having trouble breathing and found out I have pneumonia in my right lung!. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get time to install that shifter!
Checked out the pics and I really like the '69 Mach 1 and the rat rod. The red flamed Stang w/"Turbocharged"...

I really hope you're able to shake the pneumonia and get better soon !
Old 5/6/07, 08:47 PM
GTR Member

Leo forgot to mention the shaker mod...I love it..IMO the old way has tooooo much plastic
Old 5/7/07, 12:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
So what's the peanut gallery have to say about it???
Looks great Leo. I like it a lot.

Nice vid Bill.
Old 5/7/07, 12:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Here we go, guys! Brian & Leo's Cinco De Mayo video has been released for public viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAv1xtO4-eI

Great fun making the video, this is what Mustang ownership is all about!
Thanks for the awesome vid Bill. I showed it to the wife and she said "So that's what to you so long".

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Leo forgot to mention the shaker mod...I love it..IMO the old way has tooooo much plastic
Shhhh....Don't let the rest of the Shaker Club hear you.

Glad to see the majority of you liked the Shaker mod or at the very least lying through your teeth about it.

Brian-Awesome Donuts. I need to work on mine.
Old 5/7/07, 06:59 AM
GTR Member

Great video! Luckily the cops didn't just happen to drop by!

Leo forgot to mention the shaker mod...I love it..
I like it, too! But, not for me...

IMO the old way has tooooo much plastic
No it doesn't.
Old 5/7/07, 07:46 AM

Glad y'all like the video, I thought it turned out pretty well myself.

Leo & Brian, I'll send you guys the hi-res DVD versions this week.

On the Shaker shroud, I don't think anyone's blowing smoke up your butt (Leo's), it does look good. Like Tom said, the original design also looks good, just another case of personal taste.

I thought about that too. If the rear tires aren't smokin', the car will creep forward resulting in a donut that looks more like a maple bar.
I think the solution is to crank the wheels and power brake it. Then it should pivot around the stationary front wheels.
Old 5/7/07, 08:30 AM
GTR Member

Leo... don't power brake it... get a line-lock instead!!

And, we'll need a write-up!
Old 5/7/07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I was thinking line-lock too, but if it's only for donuts, the 'poor man's locks' should work.

Heading out in just a few for my 4.10 appointment... getting nervous (and excited)..
Old 5/7/07, 09:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

And, we'll need a write-up!
No way. If I had line locks I'd be going through tires once a month.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Heading out in just a few for my 4.10 appointment... getting nervous (and excited)..
Lucky!
Old 5/7/07, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

That video

The 3 mustanganeers!
Old 5/7/07, 09:50 AM
GTR Member

Great video! Luckily the cops didn't just happen to drop by!

Leo forgot to mention the shaker mod...I love it..
I like it, too! But, not for me...

IMO the old way has tooooo much plastic
No it doesn't.
Does too
Old 5/7/07, 10:06 AM
Cobra Member

Does too

Old 5/7/07, 10:48 AM
GTR Member

Does too
Well, your grille has too many ribs...

IMO.

Old 5/7/07, 10:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the awesome vid Bill.
+1

Glad to see the majority of you liked the Shaker mod or at the very least lying through your teeth about it.

I liked the idea from the time you first mentioned it. The job you guys did is outstanding

Thanks. Don't worry you'll get it. It's kinda unnatural really but just let it flow
and on the line-loc. If I had that, I would have been through a couple of sets of tires already. They're great, but unless you're drag racing or just long smoky nasty burnouts it's not worth it...
Jeez, I could talk myself into them
Old 5/7/07, 11:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill's Gear Install update....

The shop's letting him view the whole thing from 10ft back. So far they have his wheels,rear axle, and DS off.

-------------------------------------------
Valve Covers

So now that my valve covers stick out like a sore thumb...I've been calling the local shops for price qoutes. The three I called all gave me the same price of $90 for both. Only difference was the turnaround time. The quickest was 3-5 days. With that said I'm unsure of which of the three following things I should do:
1)Paint myself $50
2)Get them powder coated $90
3)Buy the FRRP covers $250

FYI-Anyone else looking to buy red,blue, or black valve covers this company's selling them for $189 shipped. This company buys the factory covers and paints them.
http://www.karkraft.com/new_page_3.htm
Old 5/7/07, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

Valve Covers
I've been pondering this one myself.
First I have to consider the color and my choices are (for my car) :
1. Red - to kinda go with the interior. I think it would be too much red and I think too contrasty.
2. Black - I really like the FRRP black krinkle covers, but would it be too dark? Now if they had a set like the old black krinkle and bright finned Cobra covers I would get them in a heartbeat! The downside is the cost... I am on a tight budget and these would brake the bank.
3. Charcoal - since I am thinking of Konig rims and charcoal stripes. Not too contrasty and would be my preference right now.

Then cost figures in and really I don't have much room here as I'm on a tight budget. It is really hard for me to spend $250 for a set of FRRP covers and the extra down time for powder coating would not be very acceptable to me either. So it looks like painting for me!
Old 5/7/07, 11:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
I've been pondering this one myself.
First I have to consider the color and my choices are (for my car) :
1. Red - to kinda go with the interior. I think it would be too much red and I think too contrasty.
2. Black - I really like the FRRP black krinkle covers, but would it be too dark? Now if they had a set like the old black krinkle and bright finned Cobra covers I would get them in a heartbeat! The downside is the cost... I am on a tight budget and these would brake the bank.
3. Charcoal - since I am thinking of Konig rims and charcoal stripes. Not too contrasty and would be my preference right now.

Then cost figures in and really I don't have much room here as I'm on a tight budget. It is really hard for me to spend $250 for a set of FRRP covers and the extra down time for powder coating would not be very acceptable to me either. So it looks like painting for me!
Red-If you painted your brake calipers red then I'd say it would look good to paint your valve covers red. (Never considered it since I don't have any red.)

Black-I thought about this to but I figure it would blend into much therefore making it a waste of time,money and effort. (I'd reconsider if I could cough up the dough to get some of the flamed ones from Hireman.)

Charcoal-I think it would still be to dark. Have you consider silver or "tungesten"??

I'm almost certain I'm going with silver or as close to tungesten as possible.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)