General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/06, 02:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must use the same set-up as Yahoo!

Complete pedal install pics coming up shortly! Without the heel guard anyway.
Old 5/10/06, 02:50 PM
GTR Member

Pedals Installed!

Here are the pedals installed. It probably took me 10 times as long to install them as a normal person. I even over-flattened the pedals slightly so when the top screws were put in, the aluminum pedals contoured the metal pedals perfectly.

The screws I used in the dead pedal are pan-head screws. They are #8 screws, I think, and the heads are smaller and sit down into the opening. I used Loc-Tite 545 which is a thread sealer. This hardens around the threads good making the screws tight into the foam. I thought this would work better for the foam than normal Loc-Tite 222 or 271 which are thread-lockers.
Old 5/10/06, 02:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Must use the same set-up as Yahoo!
Huh? bad link, but you got the idea.
Old 5/10/06, 02:57 PM

Here are the pedals installed. It probably took me 10 times as long to install them as a normal person. I even over-flattened the pedals slightly so when the top screws were put in, the aluminum pedals contoured the metal pedals perfectly.
I used Loc-Tite 545 which is a thread sealer. This hardens around the threads good making the screws tight into the foam. I thought this would work better for the foam than normal Loc-Tite 222 or 271 which are thread-lockers.
Looks great, Tom!

I didn't know about the 545. Sounds like it may work though.

Now we're just waiting for your wheel shots.
Old 5/10/06, 03:15 PM
GTR Member

I will post wheel pics tomorrow when I pull the car out of the garage.

I'll post a pic of the heel guard laying in the car and let me know if it looks better with it, or without it.
Old 5/10/06, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Pedals look great Tom and I will have to see if I can find some longer screws too.
Nice avatar Bill.

We get a little warning on tornadoes a few minutes to hours depending on where you are located at. You just don't know exactly where they are gonna drop

Here is my test link to my ALBUM

Thanks for the tip Bill !!
Old 5/10/06, 03:33 PM
GTR Member

Heel guard

Here it is with the heel guard. One screw is holding it down. I may still want to move it to the left about an inch as my left foot heel sits close to the left edge and my right heel has plenty of room. The problem is that it looks crooked because the floor mat goes up in the back. Does it appear that way in your cars', too? I put Loc-Tite 545 on 1 screw to try it and it is much more snug now than the other 3. I'll add it to the other 3 tomorrow. I don't put a drop, either... I coated the threads!

Old 5/10/06, 03:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think mine is about the same, but yours is more noticeable due to the contrsting floor mats and floor carpet.
You can also see my dead pedal pretty well here. Does it look like yours prior to you trimming the kick panel ??
Old 5/10/06, 03:59 PM
GTR Member

Yes, it looks like mine did. Does yours over hang on the right? If you want to trim it, trace the dead pedal the way you have it now on the kick panel. Then remove that Christmas Tree fastener and you can bend the kick panel up and cut it with a pair of dykes. Then you can smooth out the cut with a blade. The dead pedal will move over and you can make new holes (I just stabbed the carpet with an awl and let the screws make the holes in the foam).
Old 5/11/06, 07:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well the Dealership did not get the parts in today, so it looks like tomorrow for the sails and weatherstripping replacements.
I do have a little story to tell.
While on my way to work this morning, I had my first opportunity to dust some kids, and I didn't do it
I just didn't like the patch of road that it was on, too rough and too many people (must be getting old )
I turn at a light and as I pass the Sonic a nice looking Black car (Monte Carlo I think, the ones that look like the Buick GNX) pulls out as I pass and I see them race up to get along side me. I hear one of them yell at me and I look over and he is motioning to run em. I just laughed at him and shook my head no, so they floor it.
This is where I really started to laugh, it sounded like complete S*** and actually bogged and stalled on him.
I was laughing so hard I couldn't drive straight
Old 5/11/06, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
...I just laughed at him and shook my head no, so they floor it.
Good judgement call, Daryl. There's a time and a place for that stuff and it sounds like it wasn't neither.

I haven't been revved by anyone yet , so I just rip up and down the street like an idiot by myself (remember my videos?).
Old 5/11/06, 07:58 AM

Daryl- Please tell me you vacuumed up that mess!

Seeing that amount of debris is freaking me out.
Old 5/11/06, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Daryl- Please tell me you vacuumed up that mess!
Seeing that amount of debris is freaking me out.
I knew when I posted that picture you would comment on it. Yes it has since been cleaned and has since been dirtied again. This rain, and my son are good at tracking up the car. This weekend is the wash, vacuum, Zaino, (hopefully scoop install) weekend.
I need to carry a cordless vac in there I guess
Old 5/11/06, 08:33 AM

I knew when I posted that picture you would comment on it. Yes it has since been cleaned and has since been dirtied again. This rain, and my son are good at tracking up the car. This weekend is the wash, vacuum, Zaino, (hopefully scoop install) weekend.
I need to carry a cordless vac in there I guess
Ha! You know me too well!
I got the debris tracking problem solved. I still use the dealer paper mats over my carpeted floor mats and remove them before a show (or drive-in). Also, another trick I use to pick up the tiniest particle is some 2" masking tape; you'd be surprised what it'll pick up.

Don't worry, I'll be checking myself into an Asylum soon.
Old 5/11/06, 08:35 AM

This weekend is the wash, vacuum, Zaino, (hopefully scoop install) weekend.
Daryl- Are you entertaining the thought of installing a hood scoop or shaker still (to compliment your soon to be side scoops)?
Old 5/11/06, 08:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Daryl- Are you entertaining the thought of installing a hood scoop or shaker still (to compliment your soon to be side scoops)?
Definitely a shaker, that is why I haven't really got too many mods yet, as that will suck up a bunch of my mod money. I really want to get the Stripes installed first.
I talked to Steve (one of my Paint/Body friends) and he said they have a lady that comes by and does all their vinyl striping and she is excellent. See how much it costs and talk to her and I may just have her put them on. I wanted to talk to her before I ordered the BSM stripe kit.
Old 5/11/06, 09:01 AM
GTR Member

Also, another trick I use to pick up the tiniest particle is some 2" masking tape; you'd be surprised what it'll pick up.
That's what I did yesterday before my pedal pics. I tape it backwards around my hand and roll it around the carpet. It does pick up a bunch of stuff!
Old 5/11/06, 09:08 AM

That's what I did yesterday before my pedal pics. I tape it backwards around my hand and roll it around the carpet. It does pick up a bunch of stuff!
Guess we can both check-in to the Asylum together; seperate rooms of course!
Old 5/11/06, 09:11 AM

... they have a lady that comes by and does all their vinyl striping and she is excellent. See how much it costs and talk to her and I may just have her put them on. I wanted to talk to her before I ordered the BSM stripe kit.
A lady installer? Interesting.
Do let us know what you find about about the install and cost.

I've been going back and forth on that BSM kit for a long time.
Old 5/11/06, 09:27 AM
GTR Member

18" Black Bullitts

Here are the long awaited 18" Black Bullitt pics:

CLICK HERE

The first 5 pictures are new. Some with the top up, some with the top down.

Just got a call... the tire is IN!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)