Old 5/8/06, 10:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it... now I have to fix my sig, too
Old 5/8/06, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Go into your User CP (up top) and select Edit Options.

Check mark all 3 boxes for sig, avatar, and images.
I did that once, had to go back and do it again though.
One thing that I don't like and hopefully it can be changed. The way it shows the links name instead of the name you give it. Like the album links.
And is everyone's font really big ?
Old 5/8/06, 12:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
And is everyone's font really big ?
Nope, font size looks normal to me.

Oh btw, the clearance between the ground and the lower center of the CDC measures approx 6.25" (that's 6 1/4" to all you carpenters )

IMG tag insetion test.. it works!
Old 5/8/06, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Man that pic is huge !! LOL Nice "Redfire" GT (It looks like Redfire Metallic in that pic)
Hey Bill, BTW you need to fix the ampersand in K & N under your Sig.
Old 5/8/06, 01:42 PM

Man that pic is huge !! LOL Nice "Redfire" GT (It looks like Redfire Metallic in that pic)
Hey Bill, BTW you need to fix the ampersand in K & N under your Sig.
I resized the image a bit. Fit better?

Also fixed the 'K&N', thanks.. I missed that one.
Old 5/8/06, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I resized the image a bit. Fit better?

Also fixed the 'K&N', thanks.. I missed that one.
Yep that fits perfect
here is my test pic
Attachment 51
I did it as an attachment, how did you post yours ?
I am hainvg trouble getting used to this
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2006-stang-gt-vb-1a.jpg  
Old 5/8/06, 03:00 PM

Yep that fits perfect
here is my test pic
Attachment 51
I did it as an attachment, how did you post yours ?
I am hainvg trouble getting used to this
I see your pic, lookin' good!

I link the pic from my Photobucket album. Find your pic, left click once on the Img link to highlight, right click and copy, past that Img link in your reply here.

Try it.
Old 5/8/06, 03:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

What am I doing wrong, I click the image button, paste the link and hit enter and this is how it comes out ?

OK got it. Thanks Bill
Old 5/8/06, 05:11 PM

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...006Tintedc.jpg
What am I doing wrong, I click the image button, paste the link and hit enter and this is how it comes out ?
You're so close, Daryl!

Under every pic in your Photobucket album, there's 3 links (Url, Tag, Img).
What you want is the Img link.

Should look like this:
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/OKCMustangGT/MyStang03-14-2006Tintedc.jpg...

Must have the [IMG] brackets at the beginning and the end.

This is the link you post here.

Also, double check that under User CP, Edit Options; box for Show Images is check marked.
Old 5/9/06, 11:18 AM
GTR Member

I wish my rotors would have arrived for my "weekend". Guess I'll finish up the pedals and hopefully get my replacement tire (and take some pics).

About the dead pedal - It doesn't look like it goes over to the left far enough. When I slide it down to where it should be, it overhangs on the right and I'm afraid I'll hit it when shifting. Bill & Daryl - did the plastic kick panel come all the way down to the carpet? If I cut a tiny amount of that kick panel away, the dead pedal can slide to the left more.
Old 5/9/06, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I wish my rotors would have arrived for my "weekend". Bill & Daryl - did the plastic kick panel come all the way down to the carpet? If I cut a tiny amount of that kick panel away, the dead pedal can slide to the left more.
My rotors should be arriving today. Hopefully, I'll get to installing them soon.

I believe I located my dead pedal as far left as possible without riding into the plastic kick panel.

Unless your foot is wider than that of Sasquatch, I think it'll be fine.

Old 5/9/06, 12:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
About the dead pedal - It doesn't look like it goes over to the left far enough. When I slide it down to where it should be, it overhangs on the right and I'm afraid I'll hit it when shifting. Bill & Daryl - did the plastic kick panel come all the way down to the carpet? If I cut a tiny amount of that kick panel away, the dead pedal can slide to the left more.
Actually my foot does hit it when shifting sometimes, I just have to make sure my foot is directly on the clutch.
Yes my kick panel comes all the way down, I didn't try to trim or even force it under.
hmm, I quess I have sasquatch feet
Old 5/9/06, 01:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK here goes my second trip to the dealership for problems.
My window tint has started to scratch on both windows, as I knew it would.
In a previous post I told you guys about the tinter saying he knew about the problem with the Mustangs scratching the tint, and that Ford would take care of it. Well I guess I misunderstood what he was trying to tell me. He sent me to the dealership to get them to fix the problem then he would retint it at no charge, but that they didn't install the felt. Hmmmm. Not happy right now as this was not what he told me in March.
I take it to the deaelrship and guess what ? They have no idea about the problem and have never heard of it. Good grief OKies are so stupid at times.
I go into detail as to what everyone on here has experienced and what has been done to correct it.
Luckily the service guy was very nice and said they would take care of it under warranty. From what I understood (hope I understood this guy correctly) they will have another tint shop install the felt if FORD has not issued a TSB replacement part. (I told them that FORD refuses to recognize it as a problem and that I am sure no replacement part has been issued)
Also I have had another problem crop up a week or so ago and they are fixing that one as well.
The triangular piece where the mirror attaches has some how risen up a little and is clipping the hard plastic trim when it closes. It is also pushing the weather stripping up and bulging it out. They ordered the parts to replace both sides and the weather stripping around the window. Looks like I will be without a car all day Thursday
Old 5/9/06, 02:48 PM

Daryl! Didn't you read my post on window tinting and felt installation?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=45540

Get your window 'sail' and weatherstripping taken care of under warranty, but I would only trust your own work to make sure that felt is installed correctly (again, read my linked post thoroughly).

It makes me uneasy at the thought of turning loose a bunch of grease monkeys on my GT. But, if you must, you must.

As far as TSB's and warranty coverage for scratched window tint, I have read a few posts on this and all have been unsuccessful in claiming a warranty. Reason being is that it's no fault of Ford that an aftermarket window film gets scratched.
Even if your dealer somehow can cover it, be cautious how you proceed with it (see 2 paragraphs up).
Old 5/9/06, 03:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Daryl! Didn't you read my post on window tinting and felt installation?
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=45540

Get your window 'sail' and weatherstripping taken care of under warranty, but I would only trust your own work to make sure that felt is installed correctly (again, read my linked post thoroughly).

It makes me uneasy at the thought of turning loose a bunch of grease monkeys on my GT. But, if you must, you must.

As far as TSB's and warranty coverage for scratched window tint, I have read a few posts on this and all have been unsuccessful in claiming a warranty. Reason being is that it's no fault of Ford that an aftermarket window film gets scratched.
Even if your dealer somehow can cover it, be cautious how you proceed with it (see 2 paragraphs up).
Yea I read your post, etc. But remember I got my windows tinted well before you had yours done. We lost my post when the sytem crashed earlier last month. In that thread I described how I talked to the tinter about the Mustang problem and he said he knew about it. He would fix it and he said that the dealers had picked up the cost under warranty. Well that didn't turn out to be the case at all. So They will take care of the weatherstripping and "sail" Thursday and are supposed to do the felt as well. "All under warranty"
Trust me I will set there all **** day if I have to, but it will be done "RIGHT" this time
Old 5/9/06, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK what happened to everybody ?? I guess I am the only one without a life
Here is my weekly Tuesday Painter Update:
Stop by after work instead of lunch and was a good thing as Scott was not there, but he was after work. He pulled out a square piece of board (not a piece of wood )with a stick on it and it looks Vista Blue. Its a sample he had sprayed and wanted to compare to my car. We took it out and it looked dead on to me, but having the trained eye he has, he says "Well its a little rich, need to adjust that a little." Uhh, ok.
His brother came back after Scott had left to go finish a paint job and said the same **** thing.
It looks like they have finally got caught up enough he can get mine done and he said probably this week.
Maybe I have a weekend project other than washing and Zainoing the car after all
Old 5/9/06, 07:36 PM

...We lost my post when the sytem crashed earlier last month...
Yes, now I remember you saying something about that.

Hope they care of your issues promptly.
Old 5/9/06, 07:38 PM

Maybe I have a weekend project other than washing and Zainoing the car after all
Bout **** time!
I'm sure once installed, you'll say that it was worth the wait.

(I did, and that was only waiting a week and a half!)
Old 5/9/06, 10:26 PM
GTR Member

The triangular piece where the mirror attaches has some how risen up a little and is clipping the hard plastic trim when it closes. It is also pushing the weather stripping up and bulging it out. They ordered the parts to replace both sides and the weather stripping around the window. Looks like I will be without a car all day Thursday
Mine has done this from day 1 on the passenger side. I don't use the door much, so it didn't bother me. I did stop by to show the dealer and they said if it got worse or started to bother me that they would take care of it. If I do open that door, I just lightly push down on the piece a bit and it clears when the door closes. Then, since the window goes up when the door closes, the next time I open and close the door it snags again. With the windows down, after I push down on that piece to make it clear, it will clear every time. So, it's the window pushing up just a tad too far. Make sense?
Old 5/9/06, 10:31 PM
GTR Member

Bill... see my sig! See anything new ordered?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)