General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/06, 03:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 26, 2006, 4:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do y'all know where I got my screen name, or where I spend my day? Not nearly as exciting as your places.
[/b][/quote]
Susan W. wake board ?? or the boat wake or something along those lines ??
and where I spend my day is pretty unexciting as well. I'll see if I can get a pic
I don't think anyone will have a hard time with what my screename means [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/26/06, 05:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 26, 2006, 2:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do y'all know where I got my screen name, or where I spend my day? Not nearly as exciting as your places.
[/b][/quote]
Susan-
Just a guess, but is this what you do in your office all day?

(j/k... you probably work harder that me, Tom, and Daryl combined!)
Old 4/26/06, 10:21 PM
GTR Member

Here are the rims all loaded up in the truck ready to go to the tire shop tomorrow morning sans the center caps. I ordered "Pony" caps from Mustang Tuning in lieu of the "Cobra" caps that came with them. I hope they fit... if not I'll have to return them and order the pony caps from the place I got the rims.

[attachmentid=47842]

I took them all out of the boxes, examined them, and they all look great! I hope they look as good on the car as I'm expecting. I don't understand why they don't paint the areas where the lug nuts go. Mike's 20" rims were the same way. Although, you really don't see that area when the lug nuts are there, I guess.

Now I'll have to explain the truck since you can see the back so well.

I broke out the windows in the cab and the topper and cut out the rest of the cab and bed with a sawzall and used a rubber gasket to seal the whole thing. I built that cabinet in the center that holds all the amps and the 2 10" woofers. You can even see the metal ring of the lazy susan where I used to have a TV/VCR combo that spun around. I boxed in the rest of the bed and carpeted the entire thing. The speakers in the back were for the drive-in in Tampa because they would broadcast the movie through the radio.

Over the years, I used the truck to haul stuff and it got dirty... and I broke off the one piece of the door that opens to get to all the amps. All the stereo stuff still works like a charm, though!
Old 4/26/06, 10:31 PM
GTR Member

If you calculate the actual number of miles on that FORD Ranger (the tires have been much bigger since 5000 miles and the odometer turns slower), I have close to 180,000 miles on it.
Old 4/26/06, 10:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 26, 2006, 2:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... and where I spend my day is pretty unexciting as well. I'll see if I can get a pic
[/b][/quote]
What do you do again that's 'unexciting'?

Let me guess, your name is your location. (I'm a genius! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 26, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here are the rims all loaded up in the truck...
[/b][/quote]
Looks sharp, Tom! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Hope the center caps fit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 26, 2006, 9:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
... I have close to 180,000 miles on it.
[/b][/quote]
Ah, a true Ford man! Keeping it til the bitter end..
Old 4/27/06, 05:11 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 12:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>What do you do again that's 'unexciting'? [/b][/quote]
He's Daryl, the tool man...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 12:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Hope the center caps fit.[/b][/quote]
Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 4/27/06, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 26, 2006, 11:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What do you do again that's 'unexciting'? [/b][/quote]
Tom got it! I am the Operations Manager of a local tool distributor.
(We sell hand tools, power tools, air tools, machinery, shop equipment, etc)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 26, 2006, 11:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Let me guess, your name is your location. (I'm a genius! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]
Nothing gets past you Bill [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

OK I know what Susan, Tom & Tony do, but don't recall you ever saying what you do Bill. By the picture my guess is you are either a civi/contractor on an air base or maybe FAA ?

Rims look good Tom can't wait to see them on the car and for a guy that is not into audio all that much sounds like you got a decent system in that truck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Have you received your AutoVation pedals yet? They ship from SC, so I figured you would have yours by now, I don't as of yesterdays mail.
Old 4/27/06, 07:36 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 5:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK I know what Susan, Tom & Tony do, but don't recall you ever saying what you do Bill. By the picture my guess is you are either a civi/contractor on an air base or maybe FAA ?

Have you received your AutoVation pedals yet?
[/b][/quote]
Daryl- Your guesses are close... (drum roll, please...)

I'm a Quality Assurance Inspector for the Boeing C-17 Military Cargo Transport Aircraft. Currently assigned to the precision measuring dept.
Ever wonder how the Air Force moves all its equipment and personnel into the Middle East? It's via our Nation's one and only, C-17. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

My AutoVation pedals came in one of those flat padded manila envelope mailers, nothing fancy.
Old 4/27/06, 07:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 8:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm a Quality Assurance Inspector for the Boeing C-17 Military Cargo Transport Aircraft. Currently assigned to the precision measuring dept.[/b][/quote]
I guess this would explain your **** retentiveness (is that a word? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]) with your car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Knew that is how they transported troops, etc. We have an air base here that a couple of my friends work at. AWACs all over the place. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] They work on F-15 & 16s too. That is what my friend works on, some part of the engine. He is a civi
Old 4/27/06, 08:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 6:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I guess this would explain your **** retentiveness (is that a word? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]) with your car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Hey! I resemble that remark! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

I'm not a total clean freak, my Tacoma is a dirty mess! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Shaker 500 = 8 Speakers
Shaker 1000 = 10 speakers

General consensus says that the QP speakers only exist in the verts. Coupes have the rear deck speakers.

Fur us coupe guys, we have an additional area to mount another set of speakers! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 26, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here are the rims all loaded up in the truck ready to go to the tire shop tomorrow morning...
[/b][/quote]
We should be hearing from Tom by mid-day (with pics I hope! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/photo.gif[/img] ).
Old 4/27/06, 09:16 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 8:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>for a guy that is not into audio all that much sounds like you got a decent system in that truck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Guess I should have said I'm not into audio that much any more. Back in the day (13 or so years ago) I was really into it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 10:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>We should be hearing from Tom by mid-day (with pics I hope! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/photo.gif[/img] ).[/b][/quote]I just got back from Discount Tire. They did a great job. They put regular weights on the inside of the rim, and the stick-on weights inside the rim, but as close to the outside of the rim as possible. They even painted the weights black so you wouldn't see them in the openings!

I'll take pics of the tires and rims, but I'm not sure if I should put them on the car until I get the center caps from Mustang Tuning. If I press in the caps with the rims on the car and they don't look good, I'll have to take the wheels back off of the car to pop the caps out (so I don't bugger anything up). Dang, I just found out after posting this that the caps were JUST shipped. I'm really, really spoiled by Summit's jiffy shipping.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 8:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you received your AutoVation pedals yet?[/b][/quote]Not yet.
Old 4/27/06, 09:21 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 27, 2006, 8:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...but I'm not sure if I should put them on the car until I get the center caps from Mustang Tuning.
[/b][/quote]
I know you're curious on how the look, offset, w/w gap will look like.

Just slap them on the rear without the center cap to see how it looks... we know you want to! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

You'll get a good comparison bwtween the front 17's and the rear 18's.

"do it... do it.. do it!" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yup.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 09:23 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 11:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>"do it... do it.. do it!" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yup.gif[/img][/b][/quote]OK, I'll do one rear.

Also, I got the new Wolf Block-It Evolution car cover... much better. You can't tell what color the car is with this cover on!
Old 4/27/06, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 27, 2006, 10:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OK, I'll do one rear.[/b][/quote]
YEAHH !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Do I need to change my avatar ever other hour to keep up with you guys ?
Old 4/27/06, 10:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 8:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
YEAHH !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]
Just playing around with my avatars... I'm bored, nothing to buy right now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Sure is taking Tom a long time just to install one tire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 10:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 27, 2006, 8:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Nice! I like the current avatars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

We need Tom's PW and Susan's 'orange'? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 11:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice! I like the current avatars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

We need Tom's PW and Susan's 'orange'? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img] That would be cool and Tony's Black. Need to find some other colors too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/27/06, 11:10 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 27, 2006, 12:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Sure is taking Tom a long time just to install one tire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img][/b][/quote]I had to go downtown to pay for 4 vehicle registrations. $ouch$

Here's a picture of my new sticker tires:

[attachmentid=47877]

I think the sidewall looks fine... as you all know, I was worried it would be "too much" compared to the 20s.

Also, I have to take the car outside to get a better shot of my avatar... maybe then it will look white!
Old 4/27/06, 11:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 27, 2006, 10:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[attachmentid=47877]

[/b][/quote]
Wow! Look at your tread pattern compared to mine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]

Mine looks like it belongs on a 4-door sedan [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]. And to top it off, they're BFG G-Force T/A's!
Old 4/27/06, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 27, 2006, 12:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[attachmentid=47877]
I think the sidewall looks fine... as you all know, I was worried it would be "too much" compared to the 20s.
Also, I have to take the car outside to get a better shot of my avatar... maybe then it will look white!
[/b][/quote]
Can't wait to see them on the car.
I like the avatar, maybe the sunlight will make it look PW not Antique White ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Royal Purple Manual Tranny Fluid = Good thing ??
What about rear-end gear oil ? I thought I read somewhere that the tranny oil was too slick and caused problems ?? When do you plan on changing it?
Help the stupid guy out please

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)