General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/06, 10:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm... Mike has the Flowmasters. I'll have him join TMS and pop in 1 time so his vote counts. That will even the score!
Old 4/22/06, 12:08 PM
GTR Member

It doesn't look to be as poplular as the Torch Red Mustang Registry, yet, nor is it specific to the type of white, but I just joined the White Mustang Registry:

White Mustang Registry

I should be on the top of the list (unless there is an onrush of joining members).
Old 4/22/06, 03:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 22, 2006, 1:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I should be on the top of the list (unless there is an onrush of joining members).
[/b][/quote]
#30. nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Is ther a VB registery ?
Just got back from golf tourney, had a blast.
Here is my team, tell which is me ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=47600]
Old 4/22/06, 09:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 22, 2006, 2:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here is my team, tell which is me ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
What? No Vista Blue golf shirt? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 22, 2006, 11:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It doesn't look to be as poplular as the Torch Red Mustang Registry, yet, nor is it specific to the type of white, but I just joined the White Mustang Registry:

White Mustang Registry

[/b][/quote]
Congrats! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Be sure to update your sig with your Registry info.

Anyone put anything cool on their stangs this weekend? If so, post it!
Old 4/23/06, 12:25 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which looks better?
Old 4/23/06, 01:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KdF @ April 23, 2006, 1:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Which looks better?
[/b][/quote]
I'm not a fan of bras because of what they can do to the paint underneath.
Old 4/23/06, 01:33 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 23, 2006, 3:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>'m not a fan of bras because of what they can do to the paint underneath.[/b][/quote]I agree.

Mike, is that you who joined after me at the White Mustang Registry? #0031's name is Michael...
Old 4/23/06, 01:52 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 22, 2006, 11:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>What? No Vista Blue golf shirt? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]That's a Performance white golf shirt! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 22, 2006, 11:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone put anything cool on their stangs this weekend? If so, post it![/b][/quote]Not this weekend... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 01:52 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 23, 2006, 2:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree.
Mike, is that you who joined after me at the White Mustang Registry? #0031's name is Michael...
[/b][/quote]

Yep.
Old 4/23/06, 01:53 PM
GTR Member

Cool... just need some pics, now!
Old 4/23/06, 03:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KdF @ April 23, 2006, 11:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Which looks better?
[/b][/quote]
Mike, I agree with Daryl and Tom. No bra. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

I had a bra on my 85 GT and it was cool, back then.

Today's 'in' thing is the Clear Bra. As cool as it is, I don't think I would install one of these either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 23, 2006, 12:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not this weekend... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Me either... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I was hoping my replacement clutch pedal would be in.
I still have to Loctite all my nuts, but I'll wait til the pedal arrive. (Don't say it, Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )

The Queen Mary shoot is a 'no go'. I drove by, but couldn't find a parking area for picture taking. I'll just look for a park close by (or something [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] ).
btw Daryl, I took my wife's SUV for the scouting.. hehehe!
Old 4/23/06, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 23, 2006, 4:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was hoping my replacement clutch pedal would be in.[/b][/quote]
Don't recall you saying anything was wrong with the first one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 23, 2006, 4:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I still have to Loctite all my nuts, but I'll wait til the pedal arrive. (Don't say it, Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]
Say what [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

The Queen Mary shoot is a 'no go'. I drove by, but couldn't find a parking area for picture taking. I'll just look for a park close by (or something [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] ).
btw Daryl, I took my wife's SUV for the scouting.. hehehe![/b][/quote]

Don't know anything about a "Queen Mary" shoot, but with you Loctiting your nuts, driving your wife's SUV and talking about Queen Mary, really scares the heck out of me Bill [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] not to mention I think there is a surgery for that, and it doesn't inlcude any Loctite. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 05:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 23, 2006, 3:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't know anything about a "Queen Mary" shoot, but with you Loctiting your nuts, driving your wife's SUV and talking about Queen Mary, really scares the heck out of me Bill [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] not to mention I think there is a surgery for that, and it doesn't inlcude any Loctite. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I just knew it! Couldn't resist the temptation to reply on the Loctite, huh Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Well, let me come clean and explain a couple things...

I reordered another clutch/brake pedal because when I tried drilling thru the AutoVation pedal hole into the steel factory pedal (I was short-cutting and failed!), the 3/16" drill broke and the jagged piece that was still in the drill motor slipped and gouged the pedal! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] .... Tom & Daryl, I hope you're taking notes...

So, In the process of install the brake & clutch pedals, I forgot to Loctite the nuts (gas pedal and dead pedal uses self-tapping screws). I'll take care of the Loctite when I swap out my damaged pedal. You'll probably go back to search the pics I posted to look for the gouge, but it really isn't noticable in those pics.

Re: Queen Mary
The guy at AutoVation said that he'll consider posting my GT in the 'Car of the Month' section if I send some decent pics to him. I figured that the QM would make a nice back drop for the pics. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent public accessible spot to park that had a decent view of the QM. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Re: Wife's 4Runner
Since it rained all night, I could not risk taking the Mustang out to the QM if there were potential hazards in the road (aka. water puddles!). So, I used the 4Runner as the scout vehicle. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

There, I came clean. I feel much better now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 06:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 23, 2006, 7:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I just knew it! Couldn't resist the temptation to reply on the Loctite, huh Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Well, let me come clean and explain a couple things...

I reordered another clutch/brake pedal because when I tried drilling thru the AutoVation pedal hole into the steel factory pedal (I was short-cutting and failed!), the 3/16" drill broke and the jagged piece that was still in the drill motor slipped and gouged the pedal! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] .... Tom & Daryl, I hope you're taking notes...

So, In the process of install the brake & clutch pedals, I forgot to Loctite the nuts (gas pedal and dead pedal uses self-tapping screws). I'll take care of the Loctite when I swap out my damaged pedal. You'll probably go back to search the pics I posted to look for the gouge, but it really isn't noticable in those pics.

Re: Queen Mary
The guy at AutoVation said that he'll consider posting my GT in the 'Car of the Month' section if I send some decent pics to him. I figured that the QM would make a nice back drop for the pics. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent public accessible spot to park that had a decent view of the QM. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Re: Wife's 4Runner
Since it rained all night, I could not risk taking the Mustang out to the QM if there were potential hazards in the road (aka. water puddles!). So, I used the 4Runner as the scout vehicle. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

There, I came clean. I feel much better now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I feel much better as well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi y'all!!! I'm so sorry for not being around. I haven't done much lately, other than work another 70-hour week. This weekend was Katie's postponed birthday weekend and we took the car, top-down, to Dallas (I know, Bill, you must be cringing). We went to Supercross last night and Six Flags today. Of course we had to valet the car at 6 Flags - no way I was going to chance parking in that lot! We stood and watched the valet as she gingerly parked my car, then at the top of every rollercoaster, we made sure it was still in position [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

I have read and I think I've caught up. I read the email notices anyway, so I usually can tell what's going on, sans pictures and links. This week will be a busy one, as I have a day trip to Dallas tomorrow, Mom's coming to town Wednesday, and we leave bright 'n' early Thursday morning for Vegas. So I guess I'll check in when I can and I'll plan to get back on track next Sunday, after I wash my car.

Geez - look at Tom's siggy!

Oh, yeah, I never did my write-up (parody), but my eject button install is on my album page. Check it out!
Old 4/23/06, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 20, 2006, 7:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I see you were listening to Phil Collins that day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img][/b][/quote]I figured someone would notice. That's just one of my 3.5 CD's (right, Bill?) that are still in the changer from the day I picked her up. I was playing the stereo while cleaning my interior that day.

We were talking about the Borlas again this weekend. I am thinking that will be our choice, but I don't imagine my vote counts yet, huh?

The eject button has a nice polished chrome finish around the outside to match the A/C vents. And the pretty red matches my TR. It is a nice conversation piece and just adds a little bit of (my) personality to my car. I love it!! Thanks Tom and Bill!!!!

I also took a couple pics of my shorty antenna - but haven't gotten them online yet. Oh yeah, and the album pics of the eject install are backwards, but you can get the point. I crack myself up!

......no loctite for me!....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 10:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 23, 2006, 8:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
......no loctite for me!....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
You crack me up, Susan! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

I saw the 'Eject' pics, very funny, AND accurate... good job. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
From Tom and I, you're so very welcome!

Not sure if you had the chance to download the interior sound of the Borlas I posted a while back, but with your top up (watch it Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] ), this is how it'll sound (crank up your speakers to get close to actual sound). If you go the Borla route, be prepared for people to stare at you! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

Vegas, huh? Wow, you'll just be 5 hrs from me... I don't know if my Mustang can handle that long drive! hehehe! Hope you win some $$$ in Vegas to pay for the FRPP/Borlas. Good Luck! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 4/23/06, 10:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 23, 2006, 11:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
but with your top up (watch it Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]
I thought you were talking about exhaust. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
And they ALL sound better with the top down. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
and with your top down Susan, Bill says
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 23, 2006, 11:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
be prepared for people to stare at you![/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

God do I love Oklahoma weather.
91ยบ for a high yesterday and 58ยบ for a high today [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Of course that created tornadoes last night. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/25/06, 08:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 25, 2006, 5:48 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
God do I love Oklahoma weather.
91ยบ for a high yesterday and 58ยบ for a high today [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Of course that created tornadoes last night. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I saw that huge toranado on the news this morning! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

I hope your baby was bunkered down safely from that twister.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)