Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/16, 12:46 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
I need some kind of case for this phone, anyone have any ideas? I know nothing about this stuff. Its too thin and slippery and I feel like I'm gonna drop it all the time when I get it out. I don't want some huge case, I've seen those, but I'd like to have something that is kind of grippy to hold it better and something that has some protection if I drop it.

They showed me some Otterbox cases when I bought it, but they were HUGE, and I don't know if they were slick or grippy, I was worn out and ready to leave by that time, didn't look close at them.

I need something that isn't slick, hard plastic, something that is kind of rubbery and I can hold on to it better.

My grip is getting bad and I drop things easily. Hands have been shaky and I don't have much strength in them, have trouble opening jars and stuff and my fine motor skills have started to suck when it comes to small tasks, can't keep my hands from shaking when trying to do something small. My hands are weak and shaky. Someone mentioned Parkinsons, but I refuse to even think about that (even though it does cross my mind).

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/25/16 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12/25/16, 12:51 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I need some kind of case for this phone, anyone have any ideas? I know nothing about this stuff. Its too thin and slippery and I feel like I'm gonna drop it all the time when I get it out. I don't want some huge case, I've seen those, but I'd like to have something that is kind of grippy to hold it better and something that has some protection if I drop it.
Check on amazon. It can be really hit or miss though. I personally hate cases and screen protectors. I currently have an alcantara wrap on my phone which adds a little grip, but it's only on the back.
Old 12/25/16, 01:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Check on amazon. It can be really hit or miss though. I personally hate cases and screen protectors. I currently have an alcantara wrap on my phone which adds a little grip, but it's only on the back.
See edit above.

I can open jars and stuff, but small stuff I have trouble with. Trying to do anything small (like small screws in sunglasses, putting on wiper blades, small batteries in a remote, opening a water bottle, etc, my hands shake really bad and I have no strength when doing something like that.

I can open a jar of pickles just fine, big cap but I can no longer twist off the lid of a bottle beer, small cap. Can't even get a tight grip on it, let alone screw it off. Can't get a hold of it and if I do my hands start shaking and don't have enough strength to twist it off.

I've looked at a few on Amazon, but this phone is kind of new and there isn't much out there for it. Plus I like to know about something before I get it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/25/16 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12/25/16, 01:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lee...pretty much any Incase or Speck. They're two brands that are sold in most cell phone stores and usually very reliable. I just got an Incase for my current iPhone. Typically I'll get the ones that have a softer rubber inner liner, with a hard plastic shell on the outside. They don't add too much to the phone and do a pretty good job at protecting it from everything but the worst drops.

Just looked for your phone and only saw some Speck offerings, which are good. I forgot about Spigen though, and I have used them before too. Good value, don't fit as perfect as Speck or Incase, but still pretty decent...

Speck Products CandyShell Clear Case for Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone, Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IV0L32Y..._BA4xybJBVW2E2

Spigen Rugged Armor Moto Z Droid Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for Moto Z Droid 2016 - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCAQMBQ..._zx4xybG05CAD5
Old 12/25/16, 02:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lee...pretty much any Incase or Speck. They're two brands that are sold in most cell phone stores and usually very reliable. I just got an Incase for my current iPhone. Typically I'll get the ones that have a softer rubber inner liner, with a hard plastic shell on the outside. They don't add too much to the phone and do a pretty good job at protecting it from everything but the worst drops.

Just looked for your phone and only saw some Speck offerings, which are good. I forgot about Spigen though, and I have used them before too. Good value, don't fit as perfect as Speck or Incase, but still pretty decent...

Speck Products CandyShell Clear Case for Moto Z Force Droid Smartphone, Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IV0L32Y..._BA4xybJBVW2E2

Spigen Rugged Armor Moto Z Droid Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for Moto Z Droid 2016 - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCAQMBQ..._zx4xybG05CAD5

Well the one I have is a newer one, I've been looking, but the ones you posted are for the Moto Z Force. I have the Moto Z Play and its a tiny bit thicker because of the big battery and I've seen people saying that they bought a case for a "Moto Z" and it didn't fit the Play.

I've been looking at some on Amazon but I like to see and touch something. The feel of it is what I need, need something that isn't slippery hard plastic, and not too big. I'm afraid I'm gonna drop it because of my hands and its really slippery and thin when I'm trying to get it out of my pocket.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go to the Verizon store this week and look at some in person. I dread that. I hate people. I hate dealing with people, I hate going out in public dealing with people and I hate pushy salesmen. And people. When I was there getting the phone and setting it up, they were pushing 15 different cases and 5 different screen protectors and speakers and other ****. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, just wanted my phone turned on and get back in the Jeep to jet out.

Did I mention I hate people? And being out in public with a lot of people I don't know.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/25/16 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12/25/16, 07:19 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Speck and Pelican cases are both nice and do the job for me.
Old 12/25/16, 08:55 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
See edit above.

I can open jars and stuff, but small stuff I have trouble with. Trying to do anything small (like small screws in sunglasses, putting on wiper blades, small batteries in a remote, opening a water bottle, etc, my hands shake really bad and I have no strength when doing something like that.

I can open a jar of pickles just fine, big cap but I can no longer twist off the lid of a bottle beer, small cap. Can't even get a tight grip on it, let alone screw it off. Can't get a hold of it and if I do my hands start shaking and don't have enough strength to twist it off.

I've looked at a few on Amazon, but this phone is kind of new and there isn't much out there for it. Plus I like to know about something before I get it.
I get sort of like that when I'm flaring really bad and super fatigued. Trying to thumb through papers at work can be a real challenge. Just go to a doctor Lee. There's all sorts of stuff out there that can help.

Well the one I have is a newer one, I've been looking, but the ones you posted are for the Moto Z Force. I have the Moto Z Play and its a tiny bit thicker because of the big battery and I've seen people saying that they bought a case for a "Moto Z" and it didn't fit the Play.

I've been looking at some on Amazon but I like to see and touch something. The feel of it is what I need, need something that isn't slippery hard plastic, and not too big. I'm afraid I'm gonna drop it because of my hands and its really slippery and thin when I'm trying to get it out of my pocket.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go to the Verizon store this week and look at some in person. I dread that. I hate people. I hate dealing with people, I hate going out in public dealing with people and I hate pushy salesmen. And people. When I was there getting the phone and setting it up, they were pushing 15 different cases and 5 different screen protectors and speakers and other ****. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, just wanted my phone turned on and get back in the Jeep to jet out.

Did I mention I hate people? And being out in public with a lot of people I don't know.
I always say I'm just looking. They usually leave me alone. I can't stand salesman either.
Old 12/25/16, 09:31 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
What do I have to do to put you in a phone protector today?
Old 12/25/16, 06:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Speck and Pelican cases are both nice and do the job for me.
Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.speckproducts.com/motorol...P.html#start=2
Old 12/25/16, 09:11 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I know you said it's a little big for you, but in case someone else is reading, I've absolutely loved my Otterbox Defender cases. They're a little bigger, but the one I had on my 5 for 4 years held up impeccably.
Old 12/26/16, 06:49 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Yep nothing fancy but have worked well for me.
Old 12/26/16, 07:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Yep nothing fancy but have worked well for me.

Ordered one last night.
Old 12/28/16, 11:19 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

They showed me some Otterbox cases when I bought it, but they were HUGE, and I don't know if they were slick or grippy, I was worn out and ready to leave by that time, didn't look close at them.

I need something that isn't slick, hard plastic, something that is kind of rubbery and I can hold on to it better.

My grip is getting bad and I drop things easily. Hands have been shaky and I don't have much strength in them, have trouble opening jars and stuff and my fine motor skills have started to suck when it comes to small tasks, can't keep my hands from shaking when trying to do something small. My hands are weak and shaky. Someone mentioned Parkinsons, but I refuse to even think about that (even though it does cross my mind).
Incipio makes a case that has a rubberized coating on the outside, its the dual pro model. Has a rubber inside, but a little bit harder shell on the outside, they are not bad as far as being grippy, and are very protective, and only adds a bit to the size of the phone. Ive used them before and really liked.
https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Incipi...iphone+incipio
Old 12/28/16, 01:30 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Ohhhh, that's a lot of $$$$. Sure do wish it belonged to me!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-photo30.jpg  
Old 12/28/16, 05:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Ohhhh, that's a lot of $$$$. Sure do wish it belonged to me!
I'll take check 1147 for $1,350,000 Alex
Old 12/29/16, 06:32 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by phiggs54
I'll take check 1147 for $1,350,000 Alex
And to think these are just some of the disbursement checks after our $6.1M recovery on a case. It's been a good year here at the firm.......better get a good bonus!
Old 12/29/16, 06:52 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Hey there people's. Had myself a really busy couple weeks but I'm still alive. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and will have a happy new year. I'll try and check in more often but I got a busy year coming up.
Old 12/29/16, 11:33 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

And to think these are just some of the disbursement checks after our $6.1M recovery on a case. It's been a good year here at the firm.......better get a good bonus!
I thought those might have been the checks my accountant was sending to the local likker store the last few months.
Old 12/29/16, 02:12 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

I thought those might have been the checks my accountant was sending to the local likker store the last few months.
And it's probably safe to assume those checks would cover only your personal consumption and not the purchase of the actual store
Old 12/29/16, 02:52 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Wow,....yeah, that's big time!!!
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast