Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/17, 01:59 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It's 3:00am

Guess I'll go see if I can hide the salami
Old 1/14/17, 02:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's 3:00am

Guess I'll go see if I can hide the salami
If I get right tomorrow I'll show you some lefty family. Good night Gary, remind me tomorrow.
Old 1/14/17, 08:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

"I've been feelin' so sick inside, got to get better Lord before
I die. Seven doctors couldn't help my head, they said, you better quit son before you're dead, quit the needle, quit the spoon, quit the trips, to the moon, they're gonna take you away"
Old 1/14/17, 09:02 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Well you can add me to the lefties as well. I just haven't been as successful as you guys have.
Old 1/14/17, 09:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Well you can add me to the lefties as well. I just haven't been as successful as you guys have.
For some reason, I always notice left handed people when I'm watching tv. I'll see someone writing something, even on something like cops and I always notice that they're left handed.
Old 1/14/17, 10:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Is it weird that I set up a college fund for my little nephews without telling anyone, even their parents? I'm not sure that their parents will stay together until they go to college, so I never told them anything about it. They probably will, but its sketchy through high school at least.

The fund I set up will pay for their college, at any college for as long as they want to go, to get any degree they want. I haven't told them or anyone else about it, I just want it to be there just in case, but they're getting older now and are both great students. Just turned 12 and soon to be 14, National Honor Society, top tier athletes, great kids. Don't know if I should ever mention it to the parents or just keep it to myself until they possibly need it. Their dad, wouldn't be a problem, he wouldn't even take it and would be pissed out of pride, the mom however, would let **** slide just so they could get it.
Old 1/14/17, 10:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Is it weird that I set up a college fund for my little nephews without telling anyone, even their parents? I'm not sure that their parents will stay together until they go to college, so I never told them anything about it. They probably will, but its sketchy through high school at least.

The fund I set up will pay for their college, at any college for as long as they want to go, to get any degree they want. I haven't told them or anyone else about it, I just want it to be there just in case, but they're getting older now and are both great students. Just turned 12 and soon to be 14, National Honor Society, top tier athletes, great kids. Don't know if I should ever mention it to the parents or just keep it to myself until they possibly need it. Their dad, wouldn't be a problem, he wouldn't even take it and would be pissed out of pride, the mom however, would let **** slide just so they could get it.
I would keep the secret but early in their senior year they are going to begin applying to colleges and it might make a difference as to where they apply. Otherwise it would be a cool high school graduation surprise.

My wife would take it. I'd say that it was an incredible gesture but would not accept it. Everyone's situation is different though.

But it's a great thing you are doing.
Old 1/14/17, 11:07 PM
Post *****

This movie is on right now

One of my faves back in the day
Old 1/14/17, 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I would keep the secret but early in their senior year they are going to begin applying to colleges and it might make a difference as to where they apply. Otherwise it would be a cool high school graduation surprise.

My wife would take it. I'd say that it was an incredible gesture but would not accept it. Everyone's situation is different though.

But it's a great thing you are doing.
You and your wife is the exact situation I'm in. She would scarf it up in a minute, but their dad wouldn't take a penny. And TBH I don't think they'll make it that long, they might but it will be just for appearances and for the kids. They already hate each other.

The fund I set up when they were little has done really well. Its about 300K last I checked with everything that is going on in the market now. So its plenty to pay for anything they want to do, almost. The oldest adores my boy and wants to be an engineer like him, and I see it in him. Math genius, science whiz, etc. The little one is all over the place. One day he wants to build houses like his dad, the next he wants to be a surgeon. Do you know how much it costs to send a kid to med school to be a surgeon?
Old 1/14/17, 11:22 PM
Post *****

You and your wife is the exact situation I'm in. She would scarf it up in a minute, but their dad wouldn't take a penny. And TBH I don't think they'll make it that long, they might but it will be just for appearances and for the kids. They already hate each other.

The fund I set up when they were little has done really well. Its about 300K last I checked with everything that is going on in the market now. So its plenty to pay for anything they want to do, almost. The oldest adores my boy and wants to be an engineer like him, and I see it in him. Math genius, science whiz, etc. The little one is all over the place. One day he wants to build houses like his dad, the next he wants to be a surgeon. Do you know how much it costs to send a kid to med school to be a surgeon?
Hopefully I'll found out in about 3-4 years

I hope they take it. If they are as smart as you say it would be a benefit to society for them to be able to have an education they otherwise wouldn't have. Maybe they could then pay it forward. Student loans are the work of the devil. Vile things.
Old 1/14/17, 11:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hopefully I'll found out in about 3-4 years

I hope they take it. If they are as smart as you say it would be a benefit to society for them to be able to have an education they otherwise wouldn't have. Maybe they could then pay it forward. Student loans are the work of the devil. Vile things.
I agree about student loans. Its evil. And its a damned shame that smart kids have to end up like that, that is the reason I set up the fund for them. Hell, they might not even need it. Mine didn't really need much, got academic scholarships. These two have the opportunity to get scholarships, academic for the oldest for sure, and especially sports. They are both amazing athletes, baseball and lacrosse. The youngest will be the one that might need help, the oldest has pretty much set himself up.
Old 1/15/17, 12:37 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
Put it clearly in your will & keep quiet.
My goal is to die flat broke with nothing to give anyone. My boys will get a lot of assets and land (other than stuff that was left by their moms and set up by me for them from it), but other than that there will be nothing left monetarily. I'd like to die broke. I want to die with nothing that will benefit anyone, that way nobody can fight over it. I'd rather live the last years flat broke and have just enough to live than to have a **** load of stuff and have people fighting over it. I hate people, I know how they are. I don't want them around trying to get stuff. There are a few people that deserve my stuff and they'll get it long before I kick over. My boys, my nephews and a couple of others. That's basically it. All the other people I care about will be dead before I am (hopefully).
Old 1/15/17, 08:48 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

You're a good man, Lee!

I agree about student loans. Its evil. And its a damned shame that smart kids have to end up like that, that is the reason I set up the fund for them. Hell, they might not even need it. Mine didn't really need much, got academic scholarships. These two have the opportunity to get scholarships, academic for the oldest for sure, and especially sports. They are both amazing athletes, baseball and lacrosse. The youngest will be the one that might need help, the oldest has pretty much set himself up.
I've got quite a few (even more now with Grad school), and they're ridiculous. My loans have probably changed hands probably close to a dozen times. I've even had the situation where nobody told me they purchased my debt until I got a bill from someone I'd never heard of before. Since the government has decided they need to be involved, it's gotten even worse. The whole college institution has become a racket. For every $1 they spend with useful research and work, they probably spend $5 in nonsense. Lots more if you factor in sports. Frickin' textbooks are $300+ anymore. It's absolute stupidity.
Old 1/15/17, 12:39 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,232 Likes on 1,664 Posts
Just ate at a restaurant called 'Mission BBQ' it was delicious.
Old 1/15/17, 01:57 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Who knew that I could make half of each one of these

Attachment 182395
Beautiful family

They are really good. We have several of them around here. I love how they stomwhat they are doing at noon and play the National Anthem
Old 1/15/17, 01:58 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Thought my poor puppy had a stroke last weekend but it turned out to be something called "old dog" vestibular disease. Pretty scary stuff to go through as a pet parent! But she's doing much better

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 1/15/17 at 02:01 PM.
Old 1/15/17, 04:04 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yep. Good stuff indeed!
Old 1/15/17, 05:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Thought my poor puppy had a stroke last weekend but it turned out to be something called "old dog" vestibular disease. Pretty scary stuff to go through as a pet parent! But she's doing much better
Scary! Glad she's OK.
Old 1/15/17, 05:11 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I'm glad your pup is OK..when they hurt, we as pet parents hurt with them.
Old 1/15/17, 05:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Been watching this show Fixer Upper all day, never watched it before but I'm now convinced that it would be perfect for a drinking game. If you took a drink every time this woman says "shiplap" you'd be hammered in the first 30 minutes.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast