Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

what are you listening to ?

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/14, 11:43 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Jesus Christ, why you gonna do that to me? Are you intentionally trying to make me miserable, destitute, and crying? My God man, that is the worst thing you could do to a man like me. You know Duane was my hero, and when you put it with Clapton its over the top.

Holy ****, you must be trying to make me drink myself to death.
Sorry sir, wasn't my intentions, more so celebrating one of the prolific collaborations of musicians period.

I go back and watch this from time to time, Tom Dowd, the producer of the song.
makes me wish I had gone into that field.

Last edited by Scothew; 11/21/14 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11/21/14, 11:47 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (one of my top ten fav songs)
Old 11/21/14, 11:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Layla - Derek & The Dominos (yes with Skydog)
I just can't let this go. You (and everyone else here) knows that I worship the playing of Duane and Clapton (Yes, I know its blasphemy because I usually refer to them as "God" but what else could you refer to them as? Especially together. Layla was a tremendous undertaking, a collaboration of the greatest musical minds on the earth. When you put them together (even though there was massive amounts of heroin and cocaine involved that both of the Guitar Gods were using) the things that came out of that session were life altering.

Old 11/21/14, 11:52 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I just can't let this go. You (and everyone else here) knows that I worship the playing of Duane and Clapton (Yes, I know its blasphemy because I usually refer to them as "God" but what else could you refer to them as? Especially together. Layla was a tremendous undertaking, a collaboration of the greatest musical minds on the earth. When you put them together (even though there was massive amounts of heroin and cocaine involved that both of the Guitar Gods were using) the things that came out of that session were life altering.
You not read what i said to your reply? LOL you basically echoed what I posted

im in one of those moods tonight, cant sleep, minds racing... thinking about kicking off The Allman Brothers Filmore East '71 album.
Old 11/21/14, 11:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Sorry sir, wasn't my intentions, more so celebrating one of the prolific collaborations of musicians period.

I go back and watch this from time to time, Tom Dowd, the producer of the song. (Tom Dowd) Producing "Layla" - YouTube
makes me wish I had gone into that field.
Fukcing awesome!!
Old 11/21/14, 11:57 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I forgot to post, I found a copy of Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon (Live at Wembley '74). Its the whole album as it was in the studio as far as track list, but alot of the concert was more "jammy". They riffed alot more, and was just different in places, sometimes a more upbeat jazz sound to it, but it's amazing. If you can find it anywhere, please check it out.
Old 11/22/14, 12:01 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You not read what i said to your reply? LOL you basically echoed what I posted

im in one of those moods tonight, cant sleep, minds racing... thinking about kicking off The Allman Brothers Filmore East '71 album.
My ****ing mind races continuously every night, and Duane is usally involved. I actually have a hard time going to sleep because of it, I can't get those thoughts and memories out of my mind, it just brings back things I've done and places I've been. I'm quite ashamed of most of it.
Old 11/22/14, 12:03 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

My ****ing mind races continuously every night, and Duane is usally involved. I actually have a hard time going to sleep because of it, I can't get those thoughts and memories out of my mind, it just brings back things I've done and places I've been. I'm quite ashamed of most of it.
We've had that convo bud, nothing wrong with ya or it. Just things we have to deal with. We all have it to some extent.

Echoes - Pink Floyd
Old 11/22/14, 12:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

We've had that convo bud, nothing wrong with ya or it. Just things we have to deal with. We all have it to some extent.

Echoes - Pink Floyd

Have you listened deeply to these guys? I know them first hand, they are worthy of your time and they are really great guys. I love them.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/22/14 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 12:24 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Have you listened deeply to these guys? I know them first hand, they are worthy of your time and they are really great guys. I love them.

Collective Soul - She said - YouTube

I've seen them more times than probably any other band live. Love them. I absolutely love their Home album, which was the two disk live album with the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra.

I love this song, always have.
Old 11/22/14, 12:24 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It just doesn't get much better than this.

Old 11/22/14, 12:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Love this one off of that album.

Old 11/22/14, 12:30 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Ohhhh, hell yeahhhhh.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezPZxfS1jy

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/22/14 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 01:37 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Ohhh yeah baby!!!!

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/22/14 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 01:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've seen them more times than probably any other band live. Love them. I absolutely love their Home album, which was the two disk live album with the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra.

I love this song, always have.
Alice In Chains Don't Follow - YouTube
I love them too. Back in the day I use to be pretty into the music scene in the Southeast. I could cover pretty much anything you could throw out from Black Crowes to Allmans, we actually opened for the guys above a few times before I lost my voice to vices. Loved Alice in Chains myself, could cover a lot of their songs, but I can't even stand to listen to them now after the things I went through, even though I love their music. Listening to it brings me back to bad places that I can't deal with.

That is a fantastic ****ing song.

Love this one too.

Old 11/22/14, 02:11 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Scott, I always thought that show was something special. You know that they were a hot commodity back then, the were top of the charts. The fact that they came back home to Ga. and did a show with a bunch of young teenage kids that played in a middle and high school symphony was really cool in my book. These guys are awesome, you should get a chance to meet them, the are really down to earth and great guys.

Great song, love the kids orchestra

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/22/14 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 02:44 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Jesus effing Christ. Please! Do not watch this video if you have a soft spot for kids. I unwittingly watched it for the first time a few minutes ago, it tore me up, I could hardly stand to watch it after all I have been through. I honestly can't deal with it and my kid can't either, its just too much for us to handle, especially him.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/22/14 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11/22/14, 03:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Jesus effing Christ. Please! Do not watch this video if you have a soft spot for kids. I unwittingly watched it for the first time a few minutes ago, it tore me up, I could hardly stand to watch it after all I have been through. I honestly can't deal with it and my kid can't either, its just too much for us to handle, especially him.

The whole story of Conor Clapton (story 'behind' the tears in heaven) - YouTube
I would suggest that you not watch this video unless you have a strong stomach and a strong soul. I just watched it all and I was almost overcome with grief, it was so bad that I cried and it wasn't even my child. Its a horrible story.

I honestly don't know how to deal with it. Its an icon that I have loved for decades, but yet it involves a kid.
Old 11/22/14, 08:59 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
One of my favorites!

I love the Allman Brothers. You can turn on their music and listen to it for hours and hours and never get bored of hearing the same music and riffs like you do with most bands.

I would suggest that you not watch this video unless you have a strong stomach and a strong soul. I just watched it all and I was almost overcome with grief, it was so bad that I cried and it wasn't even my child. Its a horrible story.

I honestly don't know how to deal with it. Its an icon that I have loved for decades, but yet it involves a kid.
I learned about that recently, but the first time I heard that song, I knew there had to be a story like this behind it. There's so much pain in the lyrics.
Old 11/22/14, 07:13 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 182 Likes on 123 Posts
I had a LOT more hair than that multiple times, probably 3-4 times more hair, even through the mid to late 90s. Even some in the early 2000's.

Now I'm lucky to keep my scalp completely covered, lol.

It was a great time, some of my best times actually, some of my best memories for sure (well, the ones I can remember, lol).

BTW Jill, that's a great song. I loved Bon Jovi back in the day.

Not like that you perverts, NTTAWWT.
That song definitely brings back a specific memory for me every time I hear it.

All of this is for Jill, shes a smokin' hot lady from back in the day, lol. I think I love her, lol.

Come on darlin', you know this was the kick ****, have sex with everyone, get high as **** with everyone, and have dirty, sexy encounters with everyone anonymously song back in our day. Or not? Maybe I was much weirder than I thought, lol.

Tesla - What You Give - YouTube
But no, I didn't roll like that back in the day, lol. I do like the song though Although I thought you liked Love Song better

Oh hell yeah!!!! I think I might be the only person on this forum that knows this song, what it means, or will even acknowledge it, lol. ***** **** bastards, lol.

Guns N Roses - Mr Brownstone - YouTube
I know it and what it means. I am also happy to say I can't relate to it.

Layla - Derek & The Dominos (yes with Skydog)

The whole story of Conor Clapton (story 'behind' the tears in heaven) - YouTube
It is a heartbreaking story I know my husband gets all choked up when he hears it because it makes him think of his daughter. She passed in '92 when the song was still pretty new.

Quick Reply: what are you listening to ?