General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Top Gear is back!

Search this Thread

Old 7/31/07, 02:35 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Or it could be a set up for announcing that the "US" TG will be filmed in the UK just like the normal show rather than over here. Recall that the article doesn't say anything about a US-themed show being dead or the brodcasting deal being off, just that Clarkson poo-pooed shooting in the US. Personally I'd prefer that they stick as closely to the current format as possible and just feature some US cars if they're gonna do anything for us.
They wouldn't shoot two versions of an essentially British show in Britain.

I think it's just as stated: they were gonna shoot an American version in America, and Clarkson nixed the idea (for whatever reasons).
Old 7/31/07, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Come ON. Gimmie a break! Of course the truck had to be modified for extreme weather. Duh. ANY vehicle would have to be. But the fact remains that it was a Toyota - with corerequisite Hilux mechanicals and engine underneath - and you apparently can't stand that fact.

I never said ANYTHING negative about Ford (or any other brand, for that matter). I simply said the arctic challenge was a testament to the robustness of the Hilux. Your hatred of all things Toyota is apparently so trenchant that it's blinding you to the simple reality of the situation...and my simple statement, for that matter.
WHOA!!! Someone awoke on the wrong side of the bed!! RKF, I never said ANYTHING negative about the truck (go back and look). All I said, was that Hilux was specially made to take the weather, that you couldn't just buy one as you saw it, and that any F-Series could be made to do the same thing, if converted, thats all. I know you didn't say anything negative either. Its impressive that any truck can take the elements, but any truck could do it, not just a Toyota, thats all I was saying.

And BTW, so what if I don't like Toyota (I know I'm not alone on that setiment). I sell Fords and I'm proud of it!! I don't like the fact news outlets don't play on things when they make mistakes on issues like the Class action lawsuit (the oil sludge issue). That was never really played on the news, for instance. I like my american car company, thank you.
Old 7/31/07, 03:27 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
WHOA!!! Someone awoke on the wrong side of the bed!! RKF, I never said ANYTHING negative about the truck (go back and look). All I said, was that Hilux was specially made to take the weather, that you couldn't just buy one as you saw it, and that any F-Series could be made to do the same thing, if converted, thats all. I know you didn't say anything negative either. Its impressive that any truck can take the elements, but any truck could do it, not just a Toyota, thats all I was saying.

And BTW, so what if I don't like Toyota (I know I'm not alone on that setiment). I sell Fords and I'm proud of it!! I don't like the fact news outlets don't play on things when they make mistakes on issues like the Class action lawsuit (the oil sludge issue). That was never really played on the news, for instance. I like my american car company, thank you.
Come again?? I believe your exact quote was >>

That truck was specially built for the conditions it was facing. You really think you can get that truck in any dealer in the UK, or abroad? COME ON! I mean really, $2,500 per tire? I'm sure that's a factory option. It was a specialty truck. You could do the EXACT same on an F150!!
The words "COME ON!" and the icon and you're accusing ME of getting up on the wrong side of the bed?

And I believe you just acknowledged that you do dislike Toyotas. My point was, modded or not, the Hilux made it to the North Pole, which I believe is a record. Now, would a modded F-150 have made it? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? It's a worthless assertion because a Ford hasn't done it.

But as you said, who cares if you don't like Toyota? Not Toyota, I'm sure.

Either way, no point arguing hypotheticals. Let's just move on...
Old 7/31/07, 03:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Out of interest. That is a British program. We do not have the Ford F's on sale here.

The reason they used the new hilux is that they took a lot of time to destroy the old one and wanted to see how this one fared.
Old 7/31/07, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Come again?? I believe your exact quote was >>

The words "COME ON!" and the icon and you're accusing ME of getting up on the wrong side of the bed?

And I believe you just acknowledged that you do dislike Toyotas. My point was, modded or not, the Hilux made it to the North Pole, which I believe is a record. Now, would a modded F-150 have made it? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? It's a worthless assertion because a Ford hasn't done it.

But as you said, who cares if you don't like Toyota? Not Toyota, I'm sure.

Either way, no point arguing hypotheticals. Let's just move on...
Enough with the BS, lets move on! (and yes, I hate Toyota).
Old 7/31/07, 08:29 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by jgsmuzzy
The reason they used the new hilux is that they took a lot of time to destroy the old one and wanted to see how this one fared.
And now we know it fared pretty dang well.
Old 7/31/07, 08:31 PM
Closet American

Enough with the BS, lets move on!
Agreed.

(and yes, I hate Toyota).
Precisely what I was pointing out.

And if you must know, I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed the other day, I woke up face down on the floor.

So there.

Old 8/1/07, 07:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Agreed.

Precisely what I was pointing out.

And if you must know, I didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed the other day, I woke up face down on the floor.

So there.

Good one chief!!!
Old 8/11/07, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Lots in this thread - but not sure if it has been mentioned...
Top Gear is coming to BBC America as of 8/20!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/top-gear/to...ica-288102.php

Was on DIGG today...
Old 8/21/07, 06:38 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Fryguy
Lots in this thread - but not sure if it has been mentioned...
Top Gear is coming to BBC America as of 8/20!

http://jalopnik.com/cars/top-gear/to...ica-288102.php

Was on DIGG today...
watched it last night. They ahd 2 episodes, yes they had commercials in them. Im not sure if it was actual episodes or pieces clipped together. But it was all stuff I had seen before.
Old 8/24/07, 08:12 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Scott what eps did they show?