I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gross
Old 2/21/13, 08:41 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Gross
Yup . . . . bout sums up what we all feel! Good on you! And da** shame what happened to Selena!
Old 2/21/13, 08:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

Bah . . . As Gary has stated in past posts . . . Drive what you like f*** everyone else! (Says the guy with a bright orange/black Mustang!)
That Gary dude sounds like a straight shooter.

And a bit of a genius too
Old 2/22/13, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
End of the day, its still a station wagon. And you're still "that guy" with a performance station wagon. No sir, you are not cool in that thing. Right next to a tricked out turbo minivan.

Far better to be "that guy," the performance car guy who is clever enough to drive a car that is both practical and that also has the same performance dynamics as his neighbors hot performance sedan rather than his kids school bus. Seems like a Power Wagon represents a "best of both worlds" / "having your cake and eating it too" / "killing two birds with one stone" type deal to me.

Believe me, I do know about SUVs having put many thousands of miles behind the helm of perhaps the Uber SUV: a (late) Ford Excursion with AWD, tires off a pit-mine ore hauler and a massive 7.3 liter turbo diesel that was machined whole from an ingot of iron giving it a torque rating more commonly found on midsize tramp steamers at double-digit rpm. This immense beast made Chevy Suburbans seem a bit effete.

Certainly better than being "that guy," somehow insecure in his manhood, wallowing around his obese, lumbering land barge, aka, an SUV with the performance dynamics of the garage it can't even fit in. I'd far rather be the dad that drives the performance equal of a hot muscle-car/performance sedan than to resign myself to the performance desert limping around in some insipid minivan or oafish SUV. Junior could watch both receding quickly through the wagon's rear-hatch window as dad catches a bit of rubber pulling off a flawless 2-3 gear shift.
Old 2/22/13, 02:49 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
Far better to be "that guy," the performance car guy who is clever enough to drive a car that is both practical and that also has the same performance dynamics as his neighbors hot performance sedan rather than his kids school bus. Seems like a Power Wagon represents a "best of both worlds" / "having your cake and eating it too" / "killing two birds with one stone" type deal to me.

Believe me, I do know about SUVs having put many thousands of miles behind the helm of perhaps the Uber SUV: a (late) Ford Excursion with AWD, tires off a pit-mine ore hauler and a massive 7.3 liter turbo diesel that was machined whole from an ingot of iron giving it a torque rating more commonly found on midsize tramp steamers at double-digit rpm. This immense beast made Chevy Suburbans seem a bit effete.

Certainly better than being "that guy," somehow insecure in his manhood, wallowing around his obese, lumbering land barge, aka, an SUV with the performance dynamics of the garage it can't even fit in. I'd far rather be the dad that drives the performance equal of a hot muscle-car/performance sedan than to resign myself to the performance desert limping around in some insipid minivan or oafish SUV. Junior could watch both receding quickly through the wagon's rear-hatch window as dad catches a bit of rubber pulling off a flawless 2-3 gear shift.
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself pimping a station wagon. Church it up all you want, you're driving a station wagon. I'm not saying I don't like wagons but I'm also not gonna cruise one because its a great performance wagon. The cargo area in a wagon is meant for groceries. Period.

Ill keep my big SUV because it has great room and comfort. Great for traveling. Great for big cargo. Excellent ground clearance. And I could care less about fuel economy. My performance car is sitting in the garage waiting for me when I'm ready to go fast.
Old 2/22/13, 02:58 PM
Post *****

I like fast wagons . . . . and tacos! I like tacos too . . .

Maybe I will start a wagons thread . . . After I get some tacos.

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 2/22/13 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2/22/13, 03:08 PM
Post *****

Yup . . . . bout sums up what we all feel! Good on you! And da** shame what happened to Selena!
Above post was typed under the influence. Which makes sense . . . or doesn't . . . which ever you (the reader) like.
Old 2/22/13, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Above post was typed under the influence. Which makes sense . . . or doesn't . . . which ever you (the reader) like.
Lol at least it wasn't like my last drunk posting, swapped numbers for letters.
Old 2/22/13, 03:30 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

These were cool wagons.

Old 2/22/13, 04:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
These were cool wagons.
Now that's what I call a *******' wagon
Old 2/22/13, 04:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where's the Daytona Wagon Series??
Old 2/22/13, 04:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
These were cool wagons.
I never liked the skirts of that era. On cars that is.
Old 2/22/13, 04:27 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I love 1950s style. Best looking cars were designed back then.
Old 2/22/13, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself pimping a station wagon. Church it up all you want, you're driving a station wagon. I'm not saying I don't like wagons but I'm also not gonna cruise one because its a great performance wagon. The cargo area in a wagon is meant for groceries. Period.

Ill keep my big SUV because it has great room and comfort. Great for traveling. Great for big cargo. Excellent ground clearance. And I could care less about fuel economy. My performance car is sitting in the garage waiting for me when I'm ready to go fast.
I'll grant you the "utility" superiority of a SUV, but I'll still argue for the "sport" superiority of a hi-po wagon, what with being lighter, lower, sleeker and just simply being a faster ride -- along with still excellent room and comfort. While I may well end up driving "just a wagon," you be driving "just a truck."

Seriously though, both are excellent options for somewhat different needs and wants. I guess the subtext of my argument is that too many people, especially performance enthusiasts, needlessly overlook wagons as perhaps the better solution to their needs and interests than are SUVs in many, perhaps even most situations, especially if you're a car guy with a one vehicle option. I think both wagons and hatchbacks suffer from dated, simplistic and unfair associations in the U.S. To dismiss a wagon that can crack off 12 second quarter miles and lap a road course with all but the hottest full on performance cars is needlessly overlooking a vast amount of goodness.

That said, minivans still equal mommy mobiles!
Old 2/22/13, 04:59 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Volvo wagons = Cool
Tacos = cool
Old 2/22/13, 06:29 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I never liked the skirts of that era. On cars that is.
I never saw a skirt that doesn't look better after its been removed from the main body