Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/08, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well guys I thinking real hard about changing mufflers again. If I do it will be the 4 th set I will have tried. I was really happy with the way the GTA's sounded back when I was running my offroad prochamber. But since I have added the longtubes and am back to a standard H-pipe the GTA's are really raspy and raw sounding. I have been on the fence what to do. Build a custom made prochamber on my OBX H-pipe or go back to a more fully chambered muffler. I think I have settled on Magnaflows. When you run these with cats they are only slightly louder and deeper than stock. I have been PM'ing a number of guys about sound clips and Ryan (Cali HP Addict) had some of his car with Magnaflows and ARH longtubes. He said it really is the perfect sound. He also dumped his GTA's after adding the longtubes for the same reason I want too. He said the Magnaflows sounded good at idle and cruising and were plenty loud at WOT. Best of all they also don't drone at all. Looks like Brenspeed has them for $399 which is the same price as Ninosport. That is the best prices I have seen anywhere. I plan on talking to Brent about some other mufflers options he has up there this Friday. After all I have a birthday in a couple of weeks and am feeling I need to buy something for myself. Oh God....another muffler mod.

Old 2/10/08, 08:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks like a pretty good choice for use with your longtubes and cams.
Old 2/10/08, 10:01 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well guys I thinking real hard about changing mufflers again. If I do it will be the 4 th set I will have tried. I was really happy with the way the GTA's sounded back when I was running my offroad prochamber. But since I have added the longtubes and am back to a standard H-pipe the GTA's are really raspy and raw sounding. I have been on the fence what to do. Build a custom made prochamber on my OBX H-pipe or go back to a more fully chambered muffler. I think I have settled on Magnaflows. When you run these with cats they are only slightly louder and deeper than stock. I have been PM'ing a number of guys about sound clips and Ryan (Cali HP Addict) had some of his car with Magnaflows and ARH longtubes. He said it really is the perfect sound. He also dumped his GTA's after adding the longtubes for the same reason I want too. He said the Magnaflows sounded good at idle and cruising and were plenty loud at WOT. Best of all they also don't drone at all. Looks like Brenspeed has them for $399 which is the same price as Ninosport. That is the best prices I have seen anywhere. I plan on talking to Brent about some other mufflers options he has up there this Friday. After all I have a birthday in a couple of weeks and am feeling I need to buy something for myself. Oh God....another muffler mod.

This is what I'm running and I have never changed

http://www.grabthepower.com/index.html
Old 2/10/08, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
This is what I'm running and I have never changed

http://www.grabthepower.com/index.html

Hey Darrell,
I can't remember are running an off road pipe now or just waiting for the weather to improve to put on the off road pipe? And do you know are they made from 304 ss or 409 ss? I can't find that out anywhere. Put a magnet on your's for me and see if it sticks. 304 won't stick 409 will stick.
Old 2/10/08, 01:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Magnaflow Part# 15882 Exhaust System
Ford Exhaust System
$359.10 X =$359.10
SubTotal : $589.30 Discount : $230.20 Discounted SubTotal : $359.10
Your SubTotal : $359.10
Recalc/Update Order
(to process order using Credit Card/Paypal/Google
Click on 'check out' button below)
Please Note: CHECKOUT will go to our secure server to finish your transaction.
Scott, Probably about the same as Brent after shipping, but this is the best price I found on them, I thought about Mags too! www.performancepeddler.com.pedlerperformancome | Search | Contact Us | Scott PSrivacy| Return Policy| Return Form| Usage Policy| Sitemap
Old 2/10/08, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Magnaflow Part# 15882 Exhaust System
Ford Exhaust System
$359.10 X =$359.10
SubTotal : $589.30 Discount : $230.20 Discounted SubTotal : $359.10
Your SubTotal : $359.10
Recalc/Update Order
(to process order using Credit Card/Paypal/Google
Click on 'check out' button below)
Please Note: CHECKOUT will go to our secure server to finish your transaction.
Scott, Probably about the same as Brent after shipping, but this is the best price I found on them, I thought about Mags too! www.performancepeddler.com.pedlerperformancome | Search | Contact Us | Scott PSrivacy| Return Policy| Return Form| Usage Policy| Sitemap

Good find CheapO...I mean ScottO They are in Michigan so it would be hard to say what the shipping would be. Probably not $40 bucks. But I want to talk to Brent Friday and ask him about the Mac's also.

I am sure he has tried them all with either longtubes or offroad H-pipe. I just want to pick his brain about what I would like to get out of a muffler without all of the personal hype about this one is best or that one is best. I don't want to be the loudest guy on the block, but I want a well rounded sounding stang from idle to WOT and without the drone. I think the Magnaflows will wake up quite a bit with the longtubes and no cats. Maybe I can even get a little break from Brent since I would be picking them up and saving him the shipping cost. Can't hurt to ask! P.S. I have asked everywhere where or not the Mags or the Macs are 304 ss or 409 ss and no one seems to know. I guess I need to pack a magnet with me for Friday and check them all out.
Scott
Old 2/10/08, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Good find CheapO...I mean ScottO They are in Michigan so it would be hard to say what the shipping would be. Probably not $40 bucks. But I want to talk to Brent Friday and ask him about the Mac's also.

I am sure he has tried them all with either longtubes or offroad H-pipe. I just want to pick his brain about what I would like to get out of a muffler without all of the personal hype about this one is best or that one is best. I don't want to be the loudest guy on the block, but I want a well rounded sounding stang from idle to WOT and without the drone. I think the Magnaflows will wake up quite a bit with the longtubes and no cats. Maybe I can even get a little break from Brent since I would be picking them up and saving him the shipping cost. Can't hurt to ask!
Scott
Ok! Mr. B-hole.... Heres what Brent told me about the Macs when I was freaking out about the SLP's I had, he felt the macs droned worse than the SLP LM's but as far as quality and fit they are as good as any!.....Scott I don't care for the drone either but but but but! I need the sound too !
Old 2/10/08, 02:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Scott, in my opinion the Macs sound awesome with the factory setup but they drone, and likely will be pretty loud with your setup. Also I think they are the cheaper stainless. The Magnaflows are the better system I think and will probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

And I'll throw this out just to aggravate STD some more: I'm sure Brent will discount the shipping cost off of the price. (customary Brenspeed push)
Old 2/10/08, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok! Mr. B-hole.... Heres what Brent told me about the Macs when I was freaking out about the SLP's I had, he felt the macs droned worse than the SLP LM's but as far as quality and fit they are as good as any!.....Scott I don't care for the drone either but but but but! I need the sound too !

Well...I call you CheapO and you one up me with Mr. B Hole. How are you at playing poker? Enough said about the Mac's. That's all I needed to hear. The dreaded "D" word! Their out of consideration!!
Old 2/10/08, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Scott, in my opinion the Macs sound awesome with the factory setup but they drone, and likely will be pretty loud with your setup. Also I think they are the cheaper stainless. The Magnaflows are the better system I think and will probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

And I'll throw this out just to aggravate STD some more: I'm sure Brent will discount the shipping cost off of the price.
Hey! posterboy.. theres a really cool all steel Stang hood on the market with built in low rise scoop for about 400.00 bucks ... I've been rifling thru my Stang mags trying to find it for you! and now you treat me like that!..... Got your brenspeed Tattoo yet!.....
Old 2/10/08, 02:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And I'll throw this out just to aggravate STD some more: I'm sure Brent will discount the shipping cost off of the price. (customary Brenspeed push)

Thanks Tom. The Mags are the way I have been thinking was the way to go for weeks now. I just thought I would ask Brent about the Mac's while I was there. But since you and STD both say they will drone than that's all I needed to hear to turn me off. BTW...I hate your stealth mode. Meaning your little green light isn't on. Did you ever hear anymore about Brenspeeds water issues from the storm last week?
Old 2/10/08, 03:24 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Check out my green light
Old 2/10/08, 03:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Check out my green light

Go get a magnet and put it on those Magnaflows of yours!! Curious minds want to know. Or at least one old man from Ohio!!
Old 2/10/08, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Tom here Ya go! 399.95 www.musclecardirect.com
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-ref_05_mustang_hood_rf_g-1-.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-ref_05_mustang_hood_frt_g-1-.jpg  
Old 2/10/08, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey! posterboy.. theres a really cool all steel Stang hood on the market with built in low rise scoop for about 400.00 bucks ... I've been rifling thru my Stang mags trying to find it for you! and now you treat me like that!..... Got your brenspeed Tattoo yet!.....
Ah shux paw, I's just givin' you a hard time....

Thanks Tom. BTW...I hate your stealth mode. Meaning your little green light isn't on. Did you ever hear anymore about Brenspeeds water issues from the storm last week?
Hhahaa, you figured out stealth mode...... have you figured out how to get extra profile info (under your avatar)?

No update on the water..... I talked to Brent on Friday about a supercharger for a fellow forum member (he's going to buy one next week, you'll find out who soon enough, I'm sworn to secrecy) but we didn't talk about water.

Go get a magnet and put it on those Magnaflows of yours!! Curious minds want to know. Or at least one old man from Ohio!!
Darrell has IMCO exhaust, no Magnaflows........

Tom here Ya go! 399.95 www.musclecardirect.com
Thanks STD, I've been looking at that...... I was trying to find someone who has it, I think there's one dude here on the forum.
Old 2/10/08, 04:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How come you know what type of exhaust he has and he doesn't even know!!! Darrell is he right?? Does Tom know more about your mods than you do?
Old 2/10/08, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's that steel hood..... not too bad!

Post 92:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...on#post1104211
Old 2/10/08, 04:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Tom I think the hood would look good striped but I don't no about it plain! Also in the members pic it looks like who ever shot it got carried away with filler around the scoop! Notice in the pics I posted, more defined lines around the scoop!
Old 2/10/08, 04:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How come you know what type of exhaust he has and he doesn't even know!!! Darrell is he right?? Does Tom know more about your mods than you do?
Man! I'm telling you Tom's a friggin' Secret Agent!...
Old 2/10/08, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Man! I'm telling you Tom's a friggin' Secret Agent!...

I am believing it more and more every day. I bet he has even figured out a way to charge his new supercharger to Darrells credit card. Man he's good!

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread