Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/08, 08:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Nope I thought you knew your Stang's those are Ford OEM side emblems! On a very limited edition Stang!
Oh, sorry - I know what they are - I was just poking fun! I thought they complimented Tom's pink mufflers nicely...

Old 2/8/08, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by red454
Oh, sorry - I know what they are - I was just poking fun! I thought they complimented Tom's pink mufflers nicely...

I think your right!... the rumor is he's having his Saleen blower powder coated pink too!
Old 2/8/08, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by red454
Oh! Oh! Look - its me and Gene Simmons!

Gene is the ugly one.

Uh, on the left.

Your left.

Cool pic. Yea those guys wear real tall shoes to keep up their larger than life persona.
Old 2/8/08, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am supposed to be there at 8:00 am also. Not exactly sure why, but I expect they will start talking easy stuff off mine while they tear Scott's apart.

Thanks for the offer Tom, depends on weather and such when I leave. Takes me about 3 hours also.
Old 2/8/08, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now it says mostly sunny and 40's, hope that holds out.
Old 2/8/08, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tom, I have never really noticed does Brent have an actual install bay or do they do the work in the dyno bay?
Old 2/9/08, 04:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Tom, I have never really noticed does Brent have an actual install bay or do they do the work in the dyno bay?

Hey Ben,
I wondered the same thing. I have never walked around the back of the building to see if there is another bay or not. I think I have decided that I am going to go up on Thursday night and stay at a hotel close to Brenspeed. I think I will call them on Monday to see if there is a motel close to them they would suggest. Getting up at 3 AM is less appealing the more I think about it.
Scott
Old 2/9/08, 05:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

In the bay where the dyno is, on the left hand side, is a lift.... that is where Dave works on the cars while Brent tunes them on the dyno. So technically it's one bay but big enough for 2 cars- one being on or near the lift, the other being on the dyno.

Scott, check with Brent about hotels.... I bet he can get you close and maybe even a discounted rate.

I will just plan to head up Friday morning and meet you guys there.....
Old 2/9/08, 06:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

..........ACDC.......

HighWay to Hell.....

Old 2/9/08, 07:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

......Barry Manilow

.........O' Mandy.......

Old 2/9/08, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

.....Goat Boy

My Whiskers Smell Funny.....
Old 2/9/08, 07:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

.....Goat Boy

My Whiskers Smell Funny.....

This really isn't an act is it? You really wake up every morning a little on the "WACKO" side don't you.
Old 2/9/08, 07:51 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
here's the pictures I got of their bays.

Attachment 39125

Attachment 39126
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-brenspeed-006.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-brenspeed-007.jpg  
Old 2/9/08, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
In the bay where the dyno is, on the left hand side, is a lift.... that is where Dave works on the cars while Brent tunes them on the dyno. So technically it's one bay but big enough for 2 cars- one being on or near the lift, the other being on the dyno.

Scott, check with Brent about hotels.... I bet he can get you close and maybe even a discounted rate.

I will just plan to head up Friday morning and meet you guys there.....
I e-mailed them about it last night. Here is their reply.

We have many hotels to choose from in Warsaw. We prefer the Comfort Inn and Suites, its nice and in a good location. It’s right on HWY-30 and next to a Ruby Tuesday. If you tell them you are in town to do business with Brenspeed you should be able to get our discounted rate. I do not have their number handy but it’s the only Comfort Inn in Warsaw.

Did they knock out a wall to put in the lift or move the Dyno? I remember the dyno bay being a little over 1 car wiide. There was a small room on the right side of the dyno bay where they filled Nitrous bottles
Old 2/9/08, 09:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looking at those pictures they definatley changed something since I was there the last time.
Old 2/9/08, 10:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I e-mailed them about it last night. Here is their reply.

We have many hotels to choose from in Warsaw. We prefer the Comfort Inn and Suites, its nice and in a good location. It’s right on HWY-30 and next to a Ruby Tuesday. If you tell them you are in town to do business with Brenspeed you should be able to get our discounted rate. I do not have their number handy but it’s the only Comfort Inn in Warsaw.

Did they knock out a wall to put in the lift or move the Dyno? I remember the dyno bay being a little over 1 car wiide. There was a small room on the right side of the dyno bay where they filled Nitrous bottles

Hey Ben,
Sounds like you saved me a phone call on Monday. I will look up the Comfort Inn this weekend and make a reservation. Are you thinking about going up Thursday night also? Larry has to be at Brenspeeds at 7 AM and I would like to be there with him when he is on the dyno. I just don't want to have to leave the house at 3 AM to get there by then. I am hoping Larry will come up on Thursday night also but his schedule is still up in the air. Maybe we all can hook up at the Comfort Inn on Thursday night.
Scott
Old 2/9/08, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
This really isn't an act is it? You really wake up every morning a little on the "WACKO" side don't you.
Thats not wake up babble! I worked from 1:30am to 7:00am this morning, on a new boiler at the Med center! What! you think your the only Old Man thats still works for a living....Scott I purchased my Stang to have some fun! Many people on this site take every mod so serious.... I don't come on here to hustle parts for any vendors like some guys do " no names mentioned " to me the the joy of modding is tuning wrenches, skinning knuckles and talking smack!.. Like I've said before life is short Bro! ....Its seems to me that after installing the deletes I've lost some low end HP and torque
Old 2/9/08, 04:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thats not wake up babble! I worked from 1:30am to 7:00am this morning, on a new boiler at the Med center! What! you think your the only Old Man thats still works for a living....Scott I purchased my Stang to have some fun! Many people on this site take every mod so serious.... I don't come on here to hustle parts for any vendors like some guys do " no names mentioned " to me the the joy of modding is tuning wrenches, skinning knuckles and talking smack!.. Like I've said before life is short Bro! ....Its seems to me that after installing the deletes I've lost some low end HP and torque

Well...I'm thinking you should have got a little shut eye last night. You seem a little cranky. I was only yanking your chain. You know how to do that right? I understand the reason you purchased your pony. That's the same reason I have been buying them for the past 34 years.
On a different subject..I pulled a couple of hex head bolts for your Prothanes at work today if you want them. I know you can find them up there if you want but the offer is still open to mail you a couple. They are 10MM X 1.5 X 50MM long ( 2 inches). You want to get at least grade 5 bolts and better if you get grade 8. The ones I have are grade 8. Send me a PM with your address if you want them. Now get some sleep and come back in a WACKO state like we know you for!!!
Old 2/9/08, 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 2/9/08, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well...I'm thinking you should have got a little shut eye last night. You seem a little cranky. I was only yanking your chain. You know how to do that right? I understand the reason you purchased your pony. That's the same reason I have been buying them for the past 34 years.
On a different subject..I pulled a couple of hex head bolts for your Prothanes at work today if you want them. I know you can find them up there if you want but the offer is still open to mail you a couple. They are 10MM X 1.5 X 50MM long ( 2 inches). You want to get at least grade 5 bolts and better if you get grade 8. The ones I have are grade 8. Send me a PM with your address if you want them. Now get some sleep and come back in a WACKO state like we know you for!!!
Hey! Big Sexy! I've been sleeping all day! I'll take you up on the bolts! Also Shaftmasters made me an offer on a 4'' shaft thats to good to pass up but I'm wondering about clearance after reading tacobills post Hey Tom I know your sneaking around here I seen your shadow!... How did that Pink powder coat turn out on your Saleen Super Charger!....

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread