Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/06, 11:08 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(runfox @ February 26, 2006, 8:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yaaaaa, sounds like we will have a real "Kodak Moment" drive up from florida. Il be connecting with Dave(DarknightII) and Dave(MTAS) . Im fine with I-75 - I-10 - Alabama and up. And as for the speed, I doubt we will have any problems. If we are all caravanin togehter with a bunch of cars, trying to stay together, we will have to go slow anyway. It will make for some great picturs for sure. I havnt ever seen a bunch of 05 - 06 Mustangs together anywhere except a delearship, and they usually only have a few anyhow, so this will be a once in a life time chance for some cool pictures.

I got my vacation and reservation's at Birmingham Marriot all set. My wife even asked me what I want to do to my car before then, I bout fell out of my chair , Oh yeah thats what I'm talking about, MODS, MONEY, YEAH!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Awesome Tim!

Yeah I am excited about the dtive up - gonna be a blast!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 12:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is www.mca30thanniversary.com linked to this discussion?
Old 2/27/06, 01:12 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Because I bought the domain name.

MCA advertised the web site www.MCA30thAnniversary.org in Mustang Times magazine, but MCA forgot to BUY the domain name, so I did. I agreed to point it to their servers, but then they never did anything with it. When their web site works, I'll point the domain name back to them.

I own MCA30thAnniversary.org, MCA30thAnniversary.com, MCA30thAnniversary.net, and MCA30thAnniversary.us, as well as MCA30th.org, MCA30th.com, MCA30th.net, and MCA30th.us.
Old 2/27/06, 07:33 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Brad,
You think of everything, that why this website is the best.

TDS
Old 2/28/06, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

To be quite honest, that sounds pretty pooty to me...........
Old 2/28/06, 09:25 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Pooty?
Do you mean Brown nose?

I don't think so.

Come on down, we in BAMA will welcome all of you!

TDS [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 05:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Bama in September is lovely! Its gonna be a lot of fun.
How many of us from the Pelham/Alabaster/Cho-lara area are shooting up there?

I think its more being "enterprising"....than anything else.
Old 3/2/06, 12:24 PM
FR500 Member

I was taking a look at the registration form sodaman so kindly scanned... and this brought up a question: do you need to pay to get in, or is that just if you are a vendor or are registering to enter your car into a show? It looks like it may be $25 for a pair of weekend passes... if you are just going to look and not participiate in the car show, that is. And do you need to mail that in advance, or just pay at the door?
Old 3/2/06, 01:27 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ March 2, 2006, 2:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was taking a look at the registration form sodaman so kindly scanned... and this brought up a question: do you need to pay to get in, or is that just if you are a vendor or are registering to enter your car into a show? It looks like it may be $25 for a pair of weekend passes... if you are just going to look and not participiate in the car show, that is. And do you need to mail that in advance, or just pay at the door?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I want to know this as well. AND I stumlbed across another issue. I know some others like MTAS and I did, reserved our rooms through Saturday, night planning to leave Sunday.....

Well looking at the form, car show awards apparently don't happen till mid Sunday afternoon........
Some people might want to consider extending their hotel room another day if they have a long drive home...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/2/06, 02:07 PM

All cars that do not request to be part of a corral (Bullitt, Mach 1, Yellow Mustangs, etc.) will be parked in the order in which they enter the show. TMS members will meet on Friday morning and caravan in together and park together.
Old 3/2/06, 02:12 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 4:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All cars that do not request to be part of a corral (Bullitt, Mach 1, Yellow Mustangs, etc.) will be parked in the order in which they enter the show. TMS members will meet on Friday morning and caravan in together and park together.
[/b][/quote]

Do you have an approximate time, by chance? Only asking since it will help determine what time I leave Cincinnati. I guess I may drive right to Barbers . . . or meet up with Scott and others and drive to the track.

Thanks in advance . . .
Old 3/2/06, 10:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Evil_Capri @ March 2, 2006, 4:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do you have an approximate time, by chance? Only asking since it will help determine what time I leave Cincinnati. I guess I may drive right to Barbers . . . or meet up with Scott and others and drive to the track.

Thanks in advance . . .
[/b][/quote]
I hope so, I'll be on track after I judge the cars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 01:33 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 4:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I'm guessing we will be caravaning in FROM,,,,, the Marriot Hotel???? One more question, I read through that Offical registation form. It sounds like to me that we only need to fill out that form if we want to show our cars and run on the track. Or Brad do we need to fill out the form even if we arnt showing our car? Not real clear on that form. Do we have a schedule of events and particulars on fee's besides the reg form?
Old 3/5/06, 07:07 AM

We can caravan from the hotel, but since it is the host hotel, it may be confusing with so many other Mustangs there. I thought we'd meet at Vulcan park.

You will need to register for the show if you want to have your car on display, have your car judged, or participate in the on-track event.
Old 3/5/06, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 5, 2006, 9:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We can caravan from the hotel, but since it is the host hotel, it may be confusing with so many other Mustangs there. I thought we'd meet at Vulcan park.

You will need to register for the show if you want to have your car on display, have your car judged, or participate in the on-track event.
[/b][/quote]
Brad,

I noticed on the registration form in the MCA magazine that they are arranging "corrals" for special interest groups/cars. Why don't you contact the MCA folks and arrange a "corral" identification for TMS? That way all TMS members can be parked together and not have to arrive at the same time. As an example, I probably won't arrive until later Friday and would still like to hook up with y'all!

Thanx, Chris
Old 3/5/06, 11:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh No..Blackhat from NJ was at my house in CT buying my spoiler and he turned me on to this run. I just read all 9 pages and it sounds like a blast except for the 18 hr ride...YIKES!
I will have to start kicking the idea around and maybe find a driving partner
Old 3/6/06, 05:26 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Driving from the Northeast down to here is interesting as long as you can make it out of Virginia without being bored to death. Virginia is the largest chunk- BUT its pretty through there.

I think there are only 3-4 of us on TMS down my way, It will be a short trip.

Speaking of- Do you have to leave the mustang down there all weekend? As well, Mine is SO not show worthy- Its just a mustang I drive the snot out of. I am thinking it is likely if I do put her in, she will go into the YMR Corral.
Old 3/6/06, 05:57 AM

I believe you can move your car after show hours.
Old 3/9/06, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll be there, but won't get there until Friday afternoon. We are coming with some other cars from Michigan and will probably park with them. Sounds like fun [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/16/06, 08:36 PM

Thumbs up

can anyone tell me how far of a drive it would be i live in st. louis mo. been wanting to go to a big mustang show just bought a 06 gt thanks 4 your help [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet