Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06 | 03:11 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scothew @ January 29, 2006, 9:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good luck Ian, my wife understands and even had a mustang of her own and I still dont get a mod money allowance [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/doh.gif[/img]

I can't wait for this event even though its 8 months away. Im excitied to meet all the members!
[/b][/quote]

My wife has been good to me so far with mod money. I'm good to her too though, so it all works out. And I can't wait for September either. Those 8 months are gonna fly by though, don't worry. The summers especially always go by so quick.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTAS @ January 31, 2006, 6:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My wife will be with me as well and doesn't understand my infatuation with my car, but she supports me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Hey that sounds like a good idea - I'm all about diversions (my wife says I'm all about perversions [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]. My other brother Dave [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] sent me an email and your option #2 (Go up to I-10 and take that west to around Dothan Alabama and get on Highway 231 north up to Montgomery (total of approx. 480 miles from Tampa to Montgomery) and then take I-65 up north to Birmingham (approx. 90 miles) for a total of 570 miles) sounds like a winner for 2 reasons:
1. Less miles
2. More importantly - more Stangs for the carvavan!

I figure we could all meet there in Montgomery and grab a bite then head to Birmingham.
This is gonna be awesome to say the least.
<div align="right">Quoted post</div>
[/b][/quote]

Glad to hear another wife is going. My wife will have someone to talk to. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] And meeting up in Montgomery is definitely the way to go. Now let's just see how many south-east TMS members we can get together from both sides of Alabama to meet up in Montgomery. So far, I have myself and two other members from the New Orleans area. We still have 8 months though...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ February 1, 2006, 7:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yall watch out for 231 though- its a speed trap.
When the speed limit goes down to 35 in those little towns- you better too.
And smell me some salt air too- 231 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] is my most favorite vacation route.
[/b][/quote]

Dave's... did you read the part in my PM about the speed trap I found on 231 researching on-line? I know exactly where the main speed trap is on that highway. I have the link saved at home... I'll post here tonight if I have time. But yeah, it looks like you all might have to take it a little slow (I believe the speed limit is 55 though for the most part) on 231. It will be worth it though. That should be a real cool last hour drive up to Birmingham.

Just had a thought... can you imagine a small town deputy sitting in a speed trap on 231 and a bunch of Mustangs come flying through. He wouldn't know what to do. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06 | 03:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Cool

It dumps down to 30 and 35 out of nowhere on several occasions also- flat out 55 one sec- then 30 the next.I haven't taken the mustang down it yet because I missed the beach last summer, but I have spent many hours laughing my butt off at the jack who blew by me and gets pulled over down the road.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/ste.as...=AL&city=Dothan
Old 2/2/06 | 05:36 PM
FR500 Member

Also try this link that shows the speed trap(s) for Highway 231 North, which is what you guys need to know. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06 | 05:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Remember- Labor Day is high Gulf Coast Tourist Season, and The cops are always out more then- All us Alabama Folk Take that road down to the beaches. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

There are more of them that are not speedtraps- the small towns always have cops out. anywhere the speed limit lowers has em out too.

As well, those of you travelling up 65 North- Between Mile Marker 231 and the 459 Interchange-state cops have a heavy presence. ESPECIALLY between exits 231 and 242. I have given up trying to break 70 in that area.
Old 2/3/06 | 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ February 3, 2006, 7:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Remember- Labor Day is high Gulf Coast Tourist Season, and The cops are always out more then- All us Alabama Folk Take that road down to the beaches. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

There are more of them that are not speedtraps- the small towns always have cops out. anywhere the speed limit lowers has em out too.
As well, those of you travelling up 65 North- Between Mile Marker 231 and the 459 Interchange-state cops have a heavy presence. ESPECIALLY between exits 231 and 242. I have given up trying to break 70 in that area.[/b][/quote]

I did 120 but that was only a few times driving up from Maxwell AFB to Birmingham. I would not recommend that as the Interstate is patrolled heavily, besides...it will be easier to keep such a large caravan together closer to the speed limit.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06 | 10:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MilStang @ February 3, 2006, 11:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I did 120 but that was only a few times driving up from Maxwell AFB to Birmingham. I would not recommend that as the Interstate is patrolled heavily, besides...it will be easier to keep such a large caravan together closer to the speed limit.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Also not recommended for those with Yankee plates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06 | 01:46 PM
Big Falken Tires

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blackhat97 @ February 3, 2006, 11:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Also not recommended for those with Yankee plates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah was thinking we outta be on our 'best behaviour' on the drive...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06 | 06:54 PM

I will probably be there....depends on where I get moved to by my job....will know this week..

Is this the same weekend as NOPI in Hotlanta?

By the way, don't, I mean DON'T speed through any Constrution zone....can you say speed trap??
Old 2/10/06 | 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

im in!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 2/11/06 | 03:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Well wasnt sure if everyone has got the mca information on the barber motorsports event. I had to resize hopefully still good. Can't wait till labor day weekend. Hope I can still get it off. Later all.
Old 2/11/06 | 03:28 PM
Cobra R Member

and another
Old 2/11/06 | 06:17 PM
Cobra R Member

last one
Old 2/11/06 | 11:21 PM
GT Member

Anyone from Kentucky want to organize a "caravan" down there? Would be fun to drive alongside some people all the way down.
Old 2/19/06 | 02:06 PM

I'm in NE ohio, I could prolly meet some ppl on the way and build a caravan going south [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06 | 02:46 PM

Thumbs up

<span style="color:#33CC00">Is anyone going over from the Americus or Columbus GA areas? </span> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06 | 02:47 PM
Post *****

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enfynet @ February 19, 2006, 4:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm in NE ohio, I could prolly meet some ppl on the way and build a caravan going south [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I think I'm leaving early Friday morning from Cincinnati . . . .
Old 2/25/06 | 05:33 PM
GTR Member

I guess I should book a room onne of these days huh?
Old 2/25/06 | 06:32 PM

Might be a good idea... I still have to get commitments either way from a couple people up here if they're bringing theirs down or even going.
Old 2/26/06 | 12:34 AM
GT Member

Me, the aunt, and maybe a few guests will be in. Anyone else from Cali goin there? Chances are we'll be flying in, and probably shipping the car.

Per one of our guests, are 490 hp Lightnings allowed?
Old 2/26/06 | 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Yaaaaa, sounds like we will have a real "Kodak Moment" drive up from florida. Il be connecting with Dave(DarknightII) and Dave(MTAS) . Im fine with I-75 - I-10 - Alabama and up. And as for the speed, I doubt we will have any problems. If we are all caravanin togehter with a bunch of cars, trying to stay together, we will have to go slow anyway. It will make for some great picturs for sure. I havnt ever seen a bunch of 05 - 06 Mustangs together anywhere except a delearship, and they usually only have a few anyhow, so this will be a once in a life time chance for some cool pictures.

I got my vacation and reservation's at Birmingham Marriot all set. My wife even asked me what I want to do to my car before then, I bout fell out of my chair , Oh yeah thats what I'm talking about, MODS, MONEY, YEAH!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet