Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/06 | 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just shot an email to the wife to see if she would be willing.... We try and do a few events a year and this might be the best one. Of course Ohio is a long way from Bama but what the heck. Lil Stang has to get her feet wet one of these days.
Old 1/12/06 | 08:35 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@January 12, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'd like to make a road trip out of this, so I am going to look into seeing if I can pull it off. Would love to come down and meet everyone.
Its only a 12 hour ride... Lovely scenery too.
Old 1/14/06 | 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Originally posted by runfox@December 26, 2005, 9:45 PM
Tim here, central florida. Looks like we got 3 other Florida cars, going so Ill be the 4th. Got to make a good showing for florida folks. Ill see if I can pass the word onto some freinds of mine in the Central Florida Mustang club.I'm not a memeber yet but my friend is and I think I might get them intrested also.

Brad thanks for planning this well in advance, thats what I need . Sounds like a fun trip, a T-shirt and some high speed runs on a track would be fun. It would be so awome if you can get any of the "guests' you mentioned. I would love to get Chip Foose autograph and would die for a Shellby autograph.Maybe get him to autograph my dash???? even if its not a Shellby
Tim,
What route do you guys plan taking? Do you know yet?

Brad,
Any where to wash the cars? It's only a 3 1/2 hr drive for me, but I'm sure the front end will be covered in bugs by the time I get there. and white shows every one of them.
Old 1/15/06 | 01:02 AM
V6 Member

I think I might drive the 5 miles and take part all weekend. As a help for those folks who are not familiar with our area, here is a short list of places that you might consider staying. All of these are within 10 miles of the track and the ones listed for Moody and Leeds are one exit east of Barbers.
Comfort Inn
1951 Village Drive
Leeds, Al 35094

Days Inn
1835 Ashville Road
Leeds,Al 35094

Super 8 Motel
2451 Moody Parkway
Moody, Al 35004

Comfort Inn
4740 Norell Drive
Trussville, Al 35173

Hampton Inn
1940 Edwards Lake Rd.
Trussville, Al 35235

Holiday Inn Express
5911 Valley Road
Trussville, Al 35173

Jameson Inn
4730 Norell Drive
Trussville, Al 35173

Other areas that you might consider are in the Irondale area and further east is the Pell City area. The first listings though are very close to the track and are in safe areas. Hope this is of some help to you and hope to see you guys at the event. The national registration number for these hotels is1-800-359-2522
Old 1/15/06 | 08:51 PM

Thanks, Ray. $120 a night at the Marriot is more than I want to spend on a room.

Looks like the going rate is $90 per night except Super 8 which is $65 for anyone who's interested.
Old 1/15/06 | 09:34 PM
Cobra R Member

well i called to see if the birmingham marriott listed as the host hotel for the mustang source people was near the track. They had no clue as to where barber motorsports park was. Are we sure this is near the track. Any admins or Brad can you tune in on where you are staying etc. thank you.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/index.html

also are we buying tickets from here or from the track etc. How is this all going to work. I am ready to start reservations etc. But want to be at the hotel for meet and greets, etc. so any info that we know for sure so far would be helpful.
Old 1/16/06 | 08:09 AM
V6 Member

To try to help with the location of the track for those out of the B'ham area. If you are looking at your Road Atlas, this may give you alittle assistance. The Barber Motorsports Park is located off Interstate 20 East of Birnmingham. The exact exit number is 140 which is old Hwy 78. From the Marriort that I believe is being discussed on Hwy 280, one would take US 280 West to I-459 North and go about 10 miles to I-20 East and then go 1 exit to exit 140 and that is the exit that the track is off of. After exiting the Interstate go right and proceed about 1/4 mile and turn on the first road to the right. Go about 1/2 mile and then turn right into the track property. Hope this is of some assistance to everyone.
Old 1/16/06 | 02:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I bit the bullet. I have reservations on the concierge level at the birmingham marriot/ on the bayview side. Brad will you please verify that this is the project source horse host hotel. I am getting pysched already. What a labor day weekend we shall have. As you can see I am already ready for a cocktail party. LOLOLOL. Still would like some particulars as soon as they are available. Where we should get tickets for barber. Chat at you all soon
Old 1/17/06 | 03:15 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I booked a room at my house
Old 1/17/06 | 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Just an FYI - I just tried to book online directly through comfort inn and the hotel shows as not available. I called Comfort Inn and Suites in Leeds directly and they told me to call back at the end of March because they can't take any reservations for September 1-4 because they don't have the rates yet. The girl told me that they don't have any reservations for that time period yet. I found this to be insane myself as people book vacations months in advance, but they assured me that they can't take any reservations without the rates. I made my reservations at the Marriott. If you contact the Marriott, make sure you tell them you're with Mustang Club of America's 30th Anniversary so you'll get the group rate. Otherwise, the rate is $119 for Sept. 1-2 and $184 for Sept. 3 (YIKES!!).

Hopefully I'll be bringing all 3 ponies, but if my son can't take off work I'll be bringing 2. Ahhh, decisions, decisions -- which 2 ponies do I bring???
Old 1/17/06 | 05:48 PM
Cobra R Member

well just too let you know mtang78 i booked at marriott on concierge level with all sorts of goodies for 139.00 a night aug 31-sept 3. i have two double beds, but could have got a king. bottle of champagne, chocolates, and breakfast. what rate did you get? I can always change if its a good deal.
Old 1/17/06 | 06:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@January 7, 2006, 5:43 PM
Since its close, I will be there with my sad little baby mustang.
Are you going to bring the brain damaged dog?!

Brad I will be there! Hopefully I will have my car by then but I won't bet on it.

I look forward to meeting everyone there!

Old 1/17/06 | 08:13 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by MilStang@January 17, 2006, 7:27 PM
Are you going to bring the brain damaged dog?!

Brad I will be there! Hopefully I will have my car by then but I won't bet on it.

I look forward to meeting everyone there!

You know what? Maybe I will
Old 1/18/06 | 06:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Dan, I got it for $99.00 per night for 1 King non smoking. No frills, figure I'll bring my own drinks. No breakfast, because if it is anything like the 40th, I'll be up at the crack of dawn going to the car wash cleaning the car and won't have time to eat a full breakfast.
Old 1/18/06 | 07:28 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Definately will be there all 3 days
Old 1/18/06 | 10:59 AM
Big Falken Tires

I wanna reserve at the Marriott but want to be sure of the schedule - when are the official Source stuff supposed to start - friday morning? Thursday night?

And is the Marriott the official 'Source Horse hotel'? If possible, I'd like to stay where the center of the Mustang Source action will be.

Right now I am thinking I will arrive thursday afternoon and stay thurs night, fri and sat night. What time do things wrap up Sunday? I might have a few extra vacation days and shoot over to Norfolk Va back where I went to college - so if there are any Norfolk/Suffolk/Hampton Roads people coming, maybe I will tag along for the ride back.
Old 1/19/06 | 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Dave(Dark KnightII) I got my vacation set for this event, asked my wife and looks like she wants to come, so Im all set.Once we have all the details spelled out Ill make my reservations for a hotel.
Dave Why dont you plan on coming up to central florida by my house first. Any one else in the Orlando/central fla area, Im in Deltona, about 30 mins north of Orlando. We could all meet at my house and travel together from there if anyones interested. Dave you can make my house your first rest stop , and we can then head onto Alabama from there, Any fla folks going can PM me if your interested.

Brad T-shirts and group pictures are definitely in order, any of the guests you mentioned would be over the top awsome. Shoot if you can get some of those guests there I want an autographed picture with YOU! You pull all this off and you got some major connections!!
Old 1/19/06 | 12:42 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by runfox@January 19, 2006, 9:51 AM
Dave(Dark KnightII) I got my vacation set for this event, asked my wife and looks like she wants to come, so Im all set.Once we have all the details spelled out Ill make my reservations for a hotel.
Dave Why dont you plan on coming up to central florida by my house first. Any one else in the Orlando/central fla area, Im in Deltona, about 30 mins north of Orlando. We could all meet at my house and travel together from there if anyones interested. Dave you can make my house your first rest stop , and we can then head onto Alabama from there, Any fla folks going can PM me if your interested.

Brad T-shirts and group pictures are definitely in order, any of the guests you mentioned would be over the top awsome. Shoot if you can get some of those guests there I want an autographed picture with YOU! You pull all this off and you got some major connections!!

Holy CRAP Tim – talk about convenient!!

I am supposed to hook up with MTAS for the drive up and told him I would be leaving from my father’s place to get a head start from down south here in Boynton Beach…. And my father just happens to live in……Deltona……

How freaky is THAT?!?

Sounds good man! We’ll work up a plan!
Old 1/20/06 | 12:57 AM

What route are you guys taking from Orlando?
I might try to meet up with you.
Old 1/20/06 | 12:29 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by StangNut@January 20, 2006, 2:00 AM
What route are you guys taking from Orlando?
I might try to meet up with you.
Sounds good!
Just guessing here but figure shoot from Deltona to Orlando, then take, what is that - 408?? West to 75, then 75 straight shot up (I go to Atlanta every year and 75 is always easiest for that)

To me at least, seems like best bet is 75 to Atlanta and then 20 straight West.

Quick Reply: 2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet