Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, I just saw that the other day. I thought '05's wouldn't be judged. I guess I was getting confused with the concours judging. I need to see if I can get mine changed to '05 closed.
If I can't, oh well. Not worried about winning anything. Too many mods to do good as a "stock" car and not enough to do good as a "modified" car.
Old 7/11/06, 12:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
So do we have any final plans for our get-together yet?
Old 7/18/06, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stangnut,
When do you all plan to be going through Montgomery on Thursday? I will be coming from Auburn on I-85 to Montgomery and I will be staying at my mother in-laws house in Pehlam just outside of birmingham on I-65.
Old 7/18/06, 10:11 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but my schedule's pretty open.
I'd planned on spending the morning detailing my car and maybe leaving home around 1:00, putting me in Montgomery around 2:30 and B'ham around 4:00, just to try to avoid rush hour.

I'm real surprised there aren't more plans made by now. It's less than 7 weeks away. I hope this "National Meet" doesn't turn out to be a flop.

BTW, anyone know a person to contact with the MCA? I've tried emailing them 3 times with some questions and they won't answer me.
Old 7/18/06, 10:45 AM
GT Member

I plan on asking off for thurs and friday so I should be good to meet at anytime on Thursday.

I am planning on doing a track day, does anyone know if barber will supply the helments?
Old 7/18/06, 06:51 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me and MTAS are still in from South Florida - we are going to see about a cruise up (have to start from scratch since no access to old PMs STILL)

I need to check our timeline but we might be rolling thorugh Montgomery around that time.... I have to check.....

Maybe we can hook up? You guys at the main hotel??
Old 7/18/06, 08:55 PM

Yes. I'm at the Marriott on Grandview.
I'm also taking Thursday & Friday off.
Looks like we need to somehow get a list started again of evryone's that's going.

BTW, does anyone else only plan on taking one car AND entering it in the show? Will you just drive it back to the hotel every night?
Old 7/18/06, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 65 A code
I plan on asking off for thurs and friday so I should be good to meet at anytime on Thursday.

I am planning on doing a track day, does anyone know if barber will supply the helments?
Do you have a link to more info on the track day?

If you wear a size 7 to 7 1/4 hat (Medium), I have a helmet you can use.

I'll be driving up Thursday, staying with my family in Sylacauga at night.
Old 7/18/06, 09:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
I don't know about anyone else, but my schedule's pretty open.
I'd planned on spending the morning detailing my car and maybe leaving home around 1:00, putting me in Montgomery around 2:30 and B'ham around 4:00, just to try to avoid rush hour.

I'm real surprised there aren't more plans made by now. It's less than 7 weeks away. I hope this "National Meet" doesn't turn out to be a flop.

BTW, anyone know a person to contact with the MCA? I've tried emailing them 3 times with some questions and they won't answer me.
Meeting in montgomery sounds good.
Old 7/19/06, 09:15 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by StangNut
Yes. I'm at the Marriott on Grandview.
I'm also taking Thursday & Friday off.
Looks like we need to somehow get a list started again of evryone's that's going.

BTW, does anyone else only plan on taking one car AND entering it in the show? Will you just drive it back to the hotel every night?
Cool

Yeah, MTAS and I just entered the show and are just bringing the single car - figure most will be driving back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Last PM I had with Brad, he said there would most likely be a meet-up spot picked for first thing Friday morning and then we would drive in together to try and park in a TMS group.
Old 7/19/06, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Last I knew, we are meeting up at Vulcan Park Friday morning, and caravaning to the show. I will be driving my stangs back and forth from the show site to the hotel site and arriving at the Marriott on Thursday. Someone had mentioned about a cruise-in Thursday night. Don't remember who or where I heard that at. Can anyone verify as to whether or not there are Thursday evening activities?

Brad -- are we doing name tags / TMS ID's for the cars and and members? Do you need any assistance with this? Let me know. Can't wait to meet and see all of you guys/gals. Due to the gas prices though, I am definitely going to be there with my blue 1978 Mustang II Ghia, and possibly the brown 1978 Mustang II Ghia, but the '05 will probably be missing this show. I know, I know, "the '05 gets way better gas mileage", but because of the rareness of the '78's, I want to bring both of them, although I'm going to be very sore driving them versus the '05. Hopefully, that will change and I can bring all 3 stangs and then it will be a mute point.
Old 7/20/06, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Cool

Yeah, MTAS and I just entered the show and are just bringing the single car - figure most will be driving back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Last PM I had with Brad, he said there would most likely be a meet-up spot picked for first thing Friday morning and then we would drive in together to try and park in a TMS group.
Hey there man I think MTAS told ya allready but we are def in. I put in for the days off to head out of here on Thursday. We will be leaving on Sunday to head back home. I still need to get my reservations for the hotel.
P.S. has anyone came up with a plan to clean our cars after that drive. I told Mtas that my parents just drove there a few weeks ago and the front end of my 98 stang was black...the only thing wrong with that is that stang is white.
Hit me up with a private message and I will give you my email so we can stay in touch too.
Old 7/20/06, 08:13 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by mustangshadow
Hey there man I think MTAS told ya allready but we are def in. I put in for the days off to head out of here on Thursday. We will be leaving on Sunday to head back home. I still need to get my reservations for the hotel.
P.S. has anyone came up with a plan to clean our cars after that drive. I told Mtas that my parents just drove there a few weeks ago and the front end of my 98 stang was black...the only thing wrong with that is that stang is white.
Hit me up with a private message and I will give you my email so we can stay in touch too.

Perry!! Ma man.......
Hey you still owe me copies of the pics of you and your wife sitting in Bullitt in Orlando .......

So glad you guys can make it in Sept

I will be headed back same time on Sunday - get on that hotel bro.
I am working on the clean the cars thing - I thought of that months ago. You and I can hunt down a close presuure wash place before the meet-up friday morning - I'll keep ya posted!
Old 7/20/06, 09:14 PM

And don't forget, that's Love Bug season. (gets better north of Montgomery though)
I plan on using the spray-on bra stuff for the trip and washing it off once I get there. (that new Roush front fascia is HUGE) Hopefully we can find a touchless car wash that offers filtered water. They're getting pretty popular around here.
Old 7/20/06, 09:19 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Hey guys, I'll scout out a few car washes and let you know where they are between the hotel and the track.
Old 7/20/06, 09:42 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Scothew
Hey guys, I'll scout out a few car washes and let you know where they are between the hotel and the track.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

You ROCK!!!!!

Old 7/23/06, 08:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, we don't want to show up with our cars looking like this, took this when I got to Montgomery from Pensacola last year.

BTW, the height of Love Bug activity is 10am to 4pm, they are attracted to the heat of the engines and exhaust near roads. It's best to drive very early morning before sun up when it is coolest.

Last edited by Hatchman; 3/7/08 at 05:09 AM.
Old 7/23/06, 08:10 AM

WOW!!
I think I might wait until arounf 6 or 7 to leave if it's going to be that bad.
Old 7/23/06, 08:45 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Hatchman
Yeah, we don't want to show up with our cars looking like this, took this when I got to Montgomery from Pensacola last year.

BTW, the height of Love Bug activity is 10am to 4pm, they are attracted to the heat of the engines and exhaust near roads. It's best to drive very early morning before sun up when it is coolest.

OMG are you kidding me???

That sucks in such a massive way - and that was in Sept??

I seriously need a way to modify a bra to work with the CDC chin spoiler.... and a car wash as soo as we arrive is a MUST!
Old 7/23/06, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
OMG are you kidding me???

That sucks in such a massive way - and that was in Sept??

I seriously need a way to modify a bra to work with the CDC chin spoiler.... and a car wash as soo as we arrive is a MUST!
Yes, that was September 20th of last year, left around 10am, car was spotless, that pic was taken at 12:20pm when I filled up with gas in Montgomery. It was like driving through a wall of bugs, it sounded like it was raining. I was freaking out!

Good thing I use this stuff:

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

After it goes on, feels REALLY slick, shine is just as good as the Meguiars Gold Class and NXT wax I use. However, It has zero cleaning or polishing properties, it will just seal in water spots and has no effect on oxidation. But if you have paint in like new condition, you can't beat it for bug protection from a 'wax'.

99% of the bugs just sprayed off with a pressure hose when I got to B'ham. I could still smell the bugs in the radiator for months, though. She cleaned up fine, though, not a mark on her from the slaughter, finishing up stripes on the bumpers today.

They will be at their worst in mid September, hopefully that early in Sep won't be as bad.

Last edited by Hatchman; 3/7/08 at 05:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 2006 TheMustangSource.com National Meet