2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Things you didn't know you had...

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/06, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S.SubZero
Did you notice there's *no* blue oval Ford logo anywhere? .

Thank GOD they didn't put that on! It's the worst logo ever.

Imagine any color other than blue, with the big blue oval on the trunk...
Old 10/17/06, 10:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the Ford oval, but I agree that it doesn't match with all the colors available on the Mustang.
Old 10/17/06, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some 05's have it as the centere caps... so thats 4 blue ovals... im glad i got an 06 with the tribar pony fits a whole lot better
Old 10/18/06, 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
I like to let the player randomize my songs. I want it to surprise me. Normally all of my songs are in the root directory and alphabetized by artist and song title. I've had Mp3 players give me a hard time randomizing songs organized by folder, so I just dump them all into one big directory and let the random playlist generator sort it out.

I guess you have to assume the Shaker or Mp3 player is some backwards POS PC Mp3 player that can't read long filenames and long folder names, and can only do ID3v1 tags. I never use ID3v2 tags anyhow.
That's actually one of the nice things about this player. If you put them in folders you can still have the player treat them as if they were in the root. Just switch it from Folder mode to Track mode and hit random.

I've never used random in Folder mode, so i don't know what it does. But in Track mode it does exactly what you want. Plus you have the option of switching back to folder mode and being able to easily find a specific song without hitting seek a million times.
Old 10/18/06, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Undocumented Shaker feature

I posted that long time ago, but whorth bringing it back in this topic:

When you are listening to an MP3 CD by default you SHAKER display the file name, and if you press the "TEXT" buton it scrolls to various informations such as album (Al), song (So), artist (Ar), File name (Fi) and track and folder info. What I just fond is that you can change manually this information you can also set what you want as the dfault view

For example if you are listening to U2 and the song Elevation Your display should show:
U2 --> ELEVATION

Which is not always practical when you have a longer group name of song(since the radio only show about 15 caracters) ex:
PINK FLOYD --> ANOT..

So if you want you SHAKER to only display the file name srcoll with the "TEXT" buton until your display shows the song name (there sould be "So" for song displayed on the second line of the display and keep it pressed until the song name flashes on the display and it stops flashing (about 10 sec) after this your radio will only display the song name as the default view.

If you want only to display the artist instead it's the same thing use the "TEXT" button the go tho the artist info ("Ar" is dislayed on the second line) and keep the "TEXT" buton depressed for 10 sec, until it stops flashing and voila !

Have fun !

PS Your MP3 files need to be properly encoded to shows all the info !
Old 10/22/06, 06:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks to TMS I now know I have a passeneger side seatbelt retainer strap on my 06 GT, that I am glad because I had to add the snap on
handicap belt adjusters for a family member.
Attached Thumbnails Things you didn't know you had...-strap-copy.jpg  
Old 11/1/06, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I just found out that the ford engineer guys are the most creative dudes ever (sort of a hidden feature). Did you know the thingy that rests on the spare tire (covered in carpet) actually holds the lug wrench? When I saw that, I was just like, holy crap thats smart.