2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

WHIPPLE 10PSI HO Kit installed and DYNOED

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/06, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHIPPLE 10PSI HO Kit installed and DYNOED

I don't have install pics just yet due to the fact they are on my home system. Ill post them later but there is not too many. Its a pretty basic install when using the supplied instructions. Looks like the other twin screw installs.

I got the blower from Jared at lethalperformance.com and that was a flawless transaction...got the blower and nexus gauges fast!! I had to send my ECU to whipple to get the tune flashed onto it. The handhelds are not ready yet and this was the only way. It took only 3 days...I over nighted the ECU to them and they did the same back to me!!

It then took me and two friends about 18hrs or so to install the kit. That's with taking our time and bs'ing along the way. This was the first blower install for any of us. The kit is 100%...I read through all 77 pages for a few days and got the extra tools I needed. Once we were done there was only 1 leak that was quickly fixed. Then on the first try the car started right up and ran perfect.

Let me tell you this car is totally different now...what a blast to drive with all the down low power. The car has other mods like an o/r H pipe, slp's for now, 4.10's in the back, drive shaft, 5.0 shifter, plus a full array of suspension stuff. The 275's are not even close to cutting it. If I mash the gas in 2nd at like 1500 rpm's...buy the time im around 3k the rear tires start to brake loose. I have yet to feel the full potential of this thing from a launch because there is 0 traction. I love it!!!

Now on to the big question...is this kit really making the power whipple claims!!! I took my car to Cody over at Stang-Hi performance to let him do a test run on his dynojet (same as whipple uses) and then try to capture the whipple tune and tweak it. Since the whipple tune is for a 100% stock GT and I don't have cats I was thinking the A/F might be off a little bit. Cody strapped it to the dyno, hooked the sniffers up and wha-la I give you....

This is what the weather was looking like for the run.

Shot of it on the dyno not strapped on yet.

Yep so the whipple on my car produced 465rwhp/449rwtq (10psi HO kit but not boost gauge yet) corrected at 6K rpm. The green line is my friends 06gt that Cody did before with just an o/r H pipe and MAC axel backs. All in all I think the whipple is solid!!

The whipple tune didn't allow Cody to dattalog ALL the parameters he wanted. One of the ones it did allow was timing spark and the highest was only 20.5 at the top end. I think KB's tune runs 25 doesn't it?

Anyway when we saw the A/F we wanted to try and now capture the whipple tune onto my SCT2 so it could then be tweaked and have the 02 sensors turned off. That's when the problem hit...somehow the whipple file got corrupted or deleted...it just went poof. Yikes...that's not good

We think it was something to do with my xcal2 being married to my old ecu code since it was for my car when it was n/a. When whipple flashed my ecu it had a new code and that got over looked perhaps. Either way now the car wouldn't even start! Cody scrambled and worked till 9pm (boy am I in the dog house now) with what he had and sct to get the car running and safe for me to drive back home (over an hour drive). So now I have my car and its not running like it was. Cody is going to be calling whipple and sct to get it worked out and try to get the whipple file back on the car and tweakable. Then we will make a few more pulls and try again!!

So all in all...Whipples making or is close to the power that's on there site
Old 10/10/06, 09:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Very cool stuff. How much did the kit set you back installed?
Old 10/10/06, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

The kit was 6400 and some change shipped. I installed it my self so it cost 200 in a few tools I wanted/needed.
Old 10/10/06, 10:37 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NICE man - congrats!!!!!!!

Old 10/10/06, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Man!!!! That ROCKS!!!!!
Old 10/10/06, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

sweet!!!!! looks awesome
Old 10/11/06, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

sweet wish I had the coin to throw at mine.

Roger
Old 10/11/06, 10:53 AM
V6 Member

Wish I had the dough too... Is this the same as the Ford Racing s/c?

Looks like the blower sits kinda high. Will it clear a stock hood?
Old 10/11/06, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

It shoud clear the stock hood..I think the pully miight just barly hit the padding on some stock hoods.
Old 10/11/06, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

****, very nice. very envious.

:-)
Old 10/11/06, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

That thing is an animal! I've gotta believe that car will run easy 11's when itis dialed in.

The Mustang responds so well to a blower, and was no doubt designed with consideration to this mod. I will be adding one next year.
Old 10/11/06, 01:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Santa, can I have a Whipple too?? PLEAAAAAAAAAASE????

Old 10/11/06, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

how is the sound?
Old 10/11/06, 04:35 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Amazingly nice numbers man!
Old 10/11/06, 06:48 PM
V6 Member

Thats killer man! Im here in Baton Rouge, next time you plan on coming down here to Stang Hi to get it dyno'ed, pm me and let me know. I would love to see that thing on the dyno and meet up with some new people. Also, i dont know if you frequent svtperformance.com at all, but they are having a pretty big meet on the last weekend of october at hooters, and then people are supposed to be heading to Stang Hi to get some dyno runs. If you want any more info on the meet let me know. Jason
Old 10/11/06, 09:11 PM
V6 Member

Man that is freakin strong!!!

That thing has to be a monster now.

Congrats
Old 10/12/06, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Whipple got my ecu today and ill be back up and running tomorrow as long as the overnight shipping goes as smooth as last time. I cant wait to be running again.

I cant really hear the blower too much...no cats and loudmouths is umm...LOUD. I am going to switch back to my frpp exhaust soon and I should hear more then. It does make some sound tho.....

I just ordered 2 18x10 DD bullits to throw on the back with some nitto 305/45 555r's. Then I will put either 275 or 285/40 on the front 18x9.

When is that meet in BR? Since I was stuck at Codys on the dyno for so long the lady is not hearing any more car stuff lol.
Old 10/15/06, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by NOLAGT
I don't have install pics just yet due to the fact they are on my home system. Ill post them later but there is not too many. Its a pretty basic install when using the supplied instructions. Looks like the other twin screw installs.

I got the blower from Jared at lethalperformance.com and that was a flawless transaction...got the blower and nexus gauges fast!! I had to send my ECU to whipple to get the tune flashed onto it. The handhelds are not ready yet and this was the only way. It took only 3 days...I over nighted the ECU to them and they did the same back to me!!

It then took me and two friends about 18hrs or so to install the kit. That's with taking our time and bs'ing along the way. This was the first blower install for any of us. The kit is 100%...I read through all 77 pages for a few days and got the extra tools I needed. Once we were done there was only 1 leak that was quickly fixed. Then on the first try the car started right up and ran perfect.

Let me tell you this car is totally different now...what a blast to drive with all the down low power. The car has other mods like an o/r H pipe, slp's for now, 4.10's in the back, drive shaft, 5.0 shifter, plus a full array of suspension stuff. The 275's are not even close to cutting it. If I mash the gas in 2nd at like 1500 rpm's...buy the time im around 3k the rear tires start to brake loose. I have yet to feel the full potential of this thing from a launch because there is 0 traction. I love it!!!

Now on to the big question...is this kit really making the power whipple claims!!! I took my car to Cody over at Stang-Hi performance to let him do a test run on his dynojet (same as whipple uses) and then try to capture the whipple tune and tweak it. Since the whipple tune is for a 100% stock GT and I don't have cats I was thinking the A/F might be off a little bit. Cody strapped it to the dyno, hooked the sniffers up and wha-la I give you....

This is what the weather was looking like for the run.

Shot of it on the dyno not strapped on yet.

Yep so the whipple on my car produced 465rwhp/449rwtq (10psi HO kit but not boost gauge yet) corrected at 6K rpm. The green line is my friends 06gt that Cody did before with just an o/r H pipe and MAC axel backs. All in all I think the whipple is solid!!

The whipple tune didn't allow Cody to dattalog ALL the parameters he wanted. One of the ones it did allow was timing spark and the highest was only 20.5 at the top end. I think KB's tune runs 25 doesn't it?

Anyway when we saw the A/F we wanted to try and now capture the whipple tune onto my SCT2 so it could then be tweaked and have the 02 sensors turned off. That's when the problem hit...somehow the whipple file got corrupted or deleted...it just went poof. Yikes...that's not good

We think it was something to do with my xcal2 being married to my old ecu code since it was for my car when it was n/a. When whipple flashed my ecu it had a new code and that got over looked perhaps. Either way now the car wouldn't even start! Cody scrambled and worked till 9pm (boy am I in the dog house now) with what he had and sct to get the car running and safe for me to drive back home (over an hour drive). So now I have my car and its not running like it was. Cody is going to be calling whipple and sct to get it worked out and try to get the whipple file back on the car and tweakable. Then we will make a few more pulls and try again!!

So all in all...Whipples making or is close to the power that's on there site
Holy Sh......!!!

Good numbers man but that's a lot of power on the stock bottom end. How strong are the 3V motors ??? I'd be afraid that the motor would let go at that power level.
Old 10/16/06, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nah its going to be fine I bet. Whipple has it on there test car for many many miles and there are others running the KB's at 10psi. So I think its at the upper limits but its still good. We will see....

Whipple sent me back my ecu so its back up and running perfect like it was before the dyno.
Old 10/28/06, 07:07 AM

so where are the pics?

Quick Reply: WHIPPLE 10PSI HO Kit installed and DYNOED