2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New problem for the 05 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/05, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried to fill up again at Safeway and same thing, half a tank and no more so I contacted my service dept (again) and told the guy about the technical notice you sent to me. He read this and said it has been superceded and will install a new tank in a week, no questions asked, he just needs to order it.

Galaxie, thanks for the link - you da man today !!
Old 1/11/06, 03:50 PM

Well here is the latest. The car went into the dealers to have a new fuel tank installed. I picked the car up yesterday and there was < quarter tank of fuel. I ask the service guy if the mechanic changed it out and he says yes. I drive directly to the nearest gas station and fill her up and, oh hang on, no I didn't coz the darn thing wouldn't let me, , half a tank and it shutoff. Called the dealer, ripped him a new one, and advised the car will be retuned next week and he can keep it until he confirms its fixed. We're getting close to 'lemon law' stuff here and they know it.
(Oh and on the way to work the cd player gave up "again" and rejected all my cd's, service guy got ripped a new one for this as well)
:bang:
Old 2/1/06, 09:55 AM

I had the problem where the gas gauge dropped to empty and the message center had "DTE FLI DATA ERR". I would come and go about once every 10 km (but only on the top half of the tank???) The problem started back in December and last friday my dealer replaced the fuel pump/sending unit (after a couple weeks of back order). No problems since. I just hope that I won't be doing this again next year.
Old 2/1/06, 10:06 AM

Hopefully this is the final part of my saga (you're probably bored by now but here it is). The dealer takes the car back and checks with Ford who say they are aware of this issue and are working on it, they suggest to put a Carbon canister in the tank to remove excess fumes, which they think is causing the auto shut-off to work at the pump. So the dealer does this and hey presto, first time I go to fill her up at Safeway, no problem. Finally a full tank of gas.

I tried to fill her up again a few days ago but it cut off again at 3/4 tank so I followed the dealer instructions and twisted the pump 90 degrees and tried again, got some more juice in her again. When I left the station the tank read about 4/5 full. The next day it went all the way to full so hopefully we're all set now. (and they replaced the cd player !!)