2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the V6 More Attractive

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/05, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't. But I was trying to make a point, Tony!
Old 4/19/05, 06:20 PM
Cobra Member

point well taken...
Old 4/19/05, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by gashaus34+April 17, 2005, 3:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gashaus34 @ April 17, 2005, 3:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 15, 2005, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by gashaus34@April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!

No need to be rude, you didn't think your arguement through either. If the market is obviously so different for the 2 cars, then why can't Eleanorsmine have the car she wants? Obviously, the market's different, and she's not in the market for the GT. If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.
Whether or not the market is different, it is completely obsurd to say you would prefer one $20,000 car to $120,000 worth of another. The six banger is, and always will be a cheaper alternative thatn the GT for those who are willing to accept less performance in order to save some money. There is no way anyone will ever convince me that its the superior car and that if money was no object that they wouldn't go for the V-8.
Finally, isn't the idea of these forums to voice your opinion and share information? Well, my opinion, for your information, is that this is a stupid topic.
[/b][/quote]

For the record, I never ripped on the sixes. I think my comments should be considered to be more in the vein of defending ludicrous digs at the v-8. If you want a six, get a six. My wife had a six for a while... But to say a six is in any way superior to a GT is nuts.
The GT handles better, has a better interior, better tires, no to mention that it had so much more power. And, it was named the Motor Trend car of the year and a Car and Driver top 10.
As far as the cosmetic details go, I never made a decision about what car I was going to buy because I liked the bumper better on the grocery getter better than on the performance model.
If you wanted a car that was cheaper on gas and on insurance, you sure could have done a lot better than on a Mustang six banger. Try a Honda, a Toyota.
To each their own. I don't care what you spend your money on. Just don't tell me your six is 10 times better than my GT.
Old 4/19/05, 07:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone's taking this a little personal...:crazy:
Old 4/19/05, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

no gashaus the interior except for the seat covers are the same in the 05s.
Old 4/19/05, 08:32 PM

Brutha needs a break. He's right though, you can express your opinion, but don't expect everyone to embrace it. She can tell you her AMC Pacer rules and in her eyes it does. Man, we're all different, accept it.

Peace
Old 4/19/05, 09:15 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Slow your roll Scott.
Calm down, take a deep breath, and think about this.

Honda, Toyota? Do they sell Mustangs? Their is no replacement for a Mustang. The looks, the power(even on the V6), the heritage, the prestige. For the price of the V-6, there is no car faster and better looking.
And the Six can be Superior to the GT... In looks! Some people like the sleeker look of the V-6 than the fatter looking GT. Some pepole like the fogless look on the V6 more (I'm one of those). It's all people's opinion. You can write your opinion, but make sure not to step on anyone's toes.
Old 4/19/05, 10:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@April 19, 2005, 10:18 PM
Slow your roll Scott.

Honda, Toyota? Do they sell Mustangs? Their is no replacement for a Mustang. The looks, the power(even on the V6), the heritage, the prestige. For the price of the V-6, there is no car faster and better looking.
And the Six can be Superior to the GT... In looks! Some people like the sleeker look of the V-6 than the fatter looking GT. Some pepole like the fogless look on the V6 more (I'm one of those). It's all people's opinion. You can write your opinion, but make sure not to step on anyone's toes.
I can understand you not liking the fogs, but how does the GT look fatter? Both the GT and the V6 are the same exact size (besides the less than an inch difference in length)
Old 4/19/05, 10:08 PM
GTR Member

Spruce up V6

- 03 cobra motor
- 9 inch rear
- T 56 6 speed manual
- Cobra bumper
- Cobra grille
- 18 inch halibrand wheels
Old 4/19/05, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e+April 19, 2005, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister_e @ April 19, 2005, 10:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@April 19, 2005, 10:18 PM
Slow your roll Scott.

I can understand you not liking the fogs, but how does the GT look fatter? Both the GT and the V6 are the same exact size (besides the less than an inch difference in length)
[/b][/quote]

I know what he's talking about, I just can't explain it

I've noticed that I can spot an 05, say in a parking lot, with the tell-tale signs obscured: grill (fog lights) fender and side (badge and rocker panels) and I swear the V6 looks more narrow........
Old 4/19/05, 10:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by gashaus34+April 19, 2005, 7:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gashaus34 @ April 19, 2005, 7:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gashaus34@April 17, 2005, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 15, 2005, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by gashaus34@April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!

No need to be rude, you didn't think your arguement through either. If the market is obviously so different for the 2 cars, then why can't Eleanorsmine have the car she wants? Obviously, the market's different, and she's not in the market for the GT. If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.

Whether or not the market is different, it is completely obsurd to say you would prefer one $20,000 car to $120,000 worth of another. The six banger is, and always will be a cheaper alternative thatn the GT for those who are willing to accept less performance in order to save some money. There is no way anyone will ever convince me that its the superior car and that if money was no object that they wouldn't go for the V-8.
Finally, isn't the idea of these forums to voice your opinion and share information? Well, my opinion, for your information, is that this is a stupid topic.
For the record, I never ripped on the sixes. I think my comments should be considered to be more in the vein of defending ludicrous digs at the v-8. If you want a six, get a six. My wife had a six for a while... But to say a six is in any way superior to a GT is nuts.
The GT handles better, has a better interior, better tires, no to mention that it had so much more power. And, it was named the Motor Trend car of the year and a Car and Driver top 10.
As far as the cosmetic details go, I never made a decision about what car I was going to buy because I liked the bumper better on the grocery getter better than on the performance model.
If you wanted a car that was cheaper on gas and on insurance, you sure could have done a lot better than on a Mustang six banger. Try a Honda, a Toyota.
To each their own. I don't care what you spend your money on. Just don't tell me your six is 10 times better than my GT.
[/b][/quote]

The 2005 Mustang GT was not named Motor Trend Car of the Year - the Chrysler 300 was.

There was a point to this topic originally... can we get back to it?

I'm sure Ford won't really touch the V6 or GT for a couple of years... probably won't be a need to.

If they were going to do anything to the V6, I'd think it would be:

1. dual exhaust
2. 17-inch wheels
3. 10-15 hp bump
Old 4/19/05, 11:42 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I am giving back a 300c that I had on loan while my car was at K&N for R&D. Talk about a FAT car!!! That thing needs to lose some serious weight, both in body style, and car weight.

I gotta say though, it was growing on me by the second day. Its an incredible car, for what it is. I hate 4 doors, or mommy cars... but, if I had to buy one, I would buy a 300. I love the interior. Its HUMONGOUS! Completely appointed, very rich feeling. I am for sure getting a Sirius now, LOL! I quickly became addicted to stations like HairNtn, Octane, and yes, BroadwayHits. Its been a long time since I was in car like this, hubby drives trucks, and I have had sports cars, or compact imports since I started to drive. Very smooth ride, and plenty of power.

Anyway, back on topic... folks we are watching this thread closely... couple times you all had yer hineys close to the fire, but pulled it out. We dont bash V6s. If we talk about sprucing them up, (I think they are little plain, personally) kewl, but lets keep it positive, K?

The V6 does have the sport appearance package that I wish they offered on the GT. I also think they should offer fogs on the V6.

I love having lots of horsepower, and I love the fogs, thats why I got the GT. Plus, I refuse to grow up,

Bottom line, its a Mustang, and you just cant go wrong, V6, or V8.
Old 4/20/05, 12:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

look it's simple the V6 is for all show and some go and the GT is for all show and all go okay let the fighting begin again.... this is pathetic, this whole argument,I am a hp/car guy so even if the V6 came with a elenore body kit and cost 3k less then a GT i would still buy the GT. If all you care about is looks then who care which mustang you buy, go buy a V6 and leave the GT's for the race enthusiats

You can always make a V6 look exactly like a GT and visa versa, but the $10k in motor, tranny , rear end, and suspention cannot ever be bought for the $3k difference in the 6 to the 8

...oh and the gas milage argument is pathetic too as they are rated 1-2 mpg different from the massive(for a V6) 4.0L v6 to the (smallish) 4.6L V8, this is hardly enough of a difference to call the V6 much more economical.
V6- 19/28 manual-19/25 auto V8- 17/25 manual-18/23 auto
My guess is that people that buy the 6 are into the mustang for its looks and trust me a bunch of them want fog's and 17" rims but they are mostly into it for looks and dont want to spend the extra $3k for suspention, fogs, engine, tranny, diff, etc, because all that is meaningless to them as they are looking to buy a Mustang and 210 hp is enough. But V6 owners don't fool yourselfs into thinking for the same price you wouldn't take a GT, cause there is not good reason not to have the GT if it were the same price. Any arguments that say different are unreasonable and not worth listening to
Old 4/20/05, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

If you just HAD to do something to it.........

First off, I am not into performance.....and I like the fogless look(although I do admire the GTS mean look). I am more into looks than getting there fast. No need to go with more power- I am never gonna use it(I am too sissy), so why spend 3 grand for it?. Although, my husband said he would never own a six. I like Eleanor cause she looks like shes smiling at you.

Different appearance packages- Different stripe kits. I have seen some nice looking churched up sixes lately. Louvers(fiberglass not plastic), different than body color spoiler..

Spoiler to match rocker panel stripes.

I saw a yellow six for sale with flat black spoiler, louvers and fake scoop. Looked good, but the parts were plastic.

Saw another six for sale with the rocker panel stripes removed, and side stripes added in its place. Interesting, but not worth paying the $499 for $6 autozone striping.

More than the sport appearance package- stripes are the way to go.
Old 4/20/05, 07:04 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mister_e+April 19, 2005, 11:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mister_e @ April 19, 2005, 11:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@April 19, 2005, 10:18 PM
Slow your roll Scott.

[/b][/quote]

The reason the GT looks fatter is mostly due to the fact that rocker panels are painted the color of the car which gives it a thicker look from the roof line to the floor. Also the tape stripes break it up a little which cuts the look of the height of the door. Its all subtle but it does change the look.
Old 4/20/05, 07:08 AM
GT Member

GT or V6 offered at same price, that for me would be a no-brainer.

My decision to go for the V6: (Note decision vs. settle)

1. V6 has enough power to be fun for ME.
2. Interior is EXACTLY the same (ICAP)
3. I've driven for years without fog lamps, they look cool but not a must-have for ME
4. I live in CA so by law, I have to put a license plate in the front anyway.
5. It's really my wife's car and she could care less, it's a MUSTANG.
6. The real deal: PRICE.....on paper, yes, only 3-4K difference depending on options. Reality is that the GT's here are going for 3-4K OVER MSRP and I paid invoice for the V6......that's 8-9K difference and the difference between paying cash and paying the bank interest.

Give me a comparable GT at the same price......I'd be an idiot not to take it but money is a factor and now I can use that money for something else.

Now, if someone here is offered a GT for the same price as a comparable V6, AND you decide to go with the V6 for whatever reason, PLEASE let me know so I can buy the GT at the V6 price!
Old 4/20/05, 07:57 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by sharkstang@April 20, 2005, 6:07 AM
The reason the GT looks fatter is mostly due to the fact that rocker panels are painted the color of the car which gives it a thicker look from the roof line to the floor. Also the tape stripes break it up a little which cuts the look of the height of the door. Its all subtle but it does change the look.
Ding Ding Ding

you hit it right on the money
Old 4/20/05, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by TURBO 05@April 20, 2005, 1:59 AM
look it's simple the V6 is for all show and some go and the GT is for all show and all go okay let the fighting begin again.... this is pathetic, this whole argument,I am a hp/car guy so even if the V6 came with a elenore body kit and cost 3k less then a GT i would still buy the GT. If all you care about is looks then who care which mustang you buy, go buy a V6 and leave the GT's for the race enthusiats

you know I used to get offended at the "all show some go" comment but after the car show that I attended(and took 3rd place in the 99-05 cat and I was the only 05 to place--so what my Mustang lacks in speed makes up for in looks!) I realized that I was being hella-sensitive! And I realized I am not a race enthusiat..

And yes if the GT was to be had at the same price as the V-6 I would get the GT!!
Old 4/20/05, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The whole GT vs V6 argument is childish. These are all Mustangs... PERIOD! let go of the whole "My engine is bigger than your engine" mindset since its pointless and unproductive.

The bottom line is that while a bone stock GT can take down a bone stock V6 without too much trouble, I'm betting that a bone stock Saleen will do just the same to a bone stock GT. So are the GT's the baddest Mustangs on the block? Maybe for a time but not for long...
Old 4/20/05, 08:48 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Martimus@April 20, 2005, 8:33 AM
The whole GT vs V6 argument is childish. These are all Mustangs... PERIOD! let go of the whole "My engine is bigger than your engine" mindset since its pointless and unproductive.

The bottom line is that while a bone stock GT can take down a bone stock V6 without too much trouble, I'm betting that a bone stock Saleen will do just the same to a bone stock GT. So are the GT's the baddest Mustangs on the block? Maybe for a time but not for long...
Agreed! There will always be something bigger and better than what you have. With all of the aftermarket and SVT Mustangs coming down the line. You're not going to have the "baddest Mustang on the block" for very long. So buy the Mustang that you like no matter what the reasons are and say to heck with what anybody else says. They're all beautiful cars.

Quick Reply: Making the V6 More Attractive