2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Making the V6 More Attractive

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 07:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah 17 inch wheels is a good option for the V6!

Like Mine!
Old 4/15/05, 07:58 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The front bumper is the only thing I would change.
Old 4/15/05, 08:01 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Falchion@April 15, 2005, 7:25 PM
Yeah 17 inch wheels is a good option for the V6!

Like Mine!

WHOA! NICE!!!

Down here in South Florida, I see V-6s on the road at LEAST once if not twice a day now.
Old 4/15/05, 08:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@April 15, 2005, 3:06 PM
Sorry I am with Brad but I will add to it that the Mustang is bag for the buck and by raising the HP and everything will raise the price of the vehicle. I could have gotten a GT but the insurance is what killed it for me.

A year ago I was going to lease a 04 V6 with the hood scoop and nice wheels and get a GT 3 years down the road but the lease rates were bad so I held off. I thought man I want a GT, but then I saw the V6 and I tell you the V6 is very nice a 100% nicer then a 04 V6 and this years V6 is closer to the GT then in years past. I have seen V6s on the road and when they approach you they are tough looking. I can't wait to get mine it is all I need in a Mustang for my style which is cruzing not racing. Yes I would like the exhaust sound of the V8 but this V6 has a deep sound to it with plenty of power and if I want more power I can add it later and my insurance stays the same.

got to love the aftermarket companies.

Ford will offer special packages for the V6 but as far a HP it will not be bumped up for a long time. look at the trend in the past 94 V6 150 HP 99 V6 190 HP 05 210 HP. I give Ford 5 years before they increase the HP on the V6. Ford loves to keep the Mustang at a low price both from a selling stand point and insurance.

You took the words out of my mouth
Old 4/15/05, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Donna@April 15, 2005, 8:01 PM
The front bumper is the only thing I would change.
Donna your V6 frontend is find Donna I like V6 frontend better then bug eye fog lights GTs :shock:
Old 4/15/05, 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

If they want to sell more v6 put a Made in USA motor in it, it's why we are waiting to get a GT right now instead of driving a v6 today.
Old 4/15/05, 08:08 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

I would have bought a GT if it had looked like the V6...money or insurance was not an issue with me...I bought the car I felt had cleaner lines, was more true to the retro theme and had the overall better looks...the V6....The GT has a bloated look with the painted rocker panels, bumper lips, tacky badging and the oversized unattractive foglights....I'll get the V8 only when I can get one that looks like the current V6...but hey..that may not be that far off because the 2007 Shelby borrows it's looks more from the V6 than the GT....
Old 4/15/05, 08:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05mach1@April 15, 2005, 9:08 PM
Donna your V6 frontend is find Donna I like V6 frontend better then bug eye fog lights GTs :shock:
I agree, Frank. I like the bumper on the V6, but that notch for the plate kind of breaks up the "harmony" of the front end a little on cars that don't have a front plate. Aside from that, I think the V6 is just perfect. A gutsy and sporty looking coupe.

I also agree that the GT's fogs are a little over the top. I wish the GT had the Shelby GT 500's nose. Perhaps a little plastic surgery is in order for the current GT...

Other than that, I love the GT... I must, I ordered one!
Old 4/15/05, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by rex@April 15, 2005, 9:11 PM
I would have bought a GT if it had looked like the V6...money or insurance was not an issue with me...I bought the car I felt had cleaner, more retro and better looks...the V6...The GT has a bloated look with the painted rocker panels, bumper lips and oversized foglights.....The new Shelby also borrows it's looks more from the V6 than the GT...
I don't understand why people make comments like this. I see lots of people say that they prefer the "look" of the V6 over the GT or vice versa, but other than a few minor differences, they look like the same friggin' car. Oh, yeah a notch in the front bumper, smaller wheels, no fog lights...wow, it's like night and day

I'm willing to bet that more than half of the people that claim they went with the V6 over the GT because they prefered the "look" of the V6 is only making excuses to themselves for why they went with the V6. And before anyone gives me any flak for that comment, I speak from experience...I currently drive a 2000 V6. I'll leave it at that.

BTW, I'm not trying to start any arguments, I'm just saying that the V6 and the GT look nearly identical
Old 4/15/05, 08:34 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My posts since 5/5/04 speak for themselves.No excuses for me.
Saw the 6
Wanted the six
Had a fit to get the six
Got the six.

Shes absolutely stunning, and I would not trade her for anything. Love her.
Ahem-- A years ago prototype of mine:
Back when Eleanor was black.
Old 4/15/05, 09:03 PM
V6 Member

We rented a V6 05 on a trip to Phoenix and liked it a lot. It had plenty of power and was fun to drive. The only change I would make is a dual outlet muffler with polished tips to give the rear a little sportier look.
Old 4/15/05, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+April 15, 2005, 8:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ April 15, 2005, 8:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05mach1@April 15, 2005, 9:08 PM
I agree, Frank. I like the bumper on the V6, but that notch for the plate kind of breaks up the "harmony" of the front end a little on cars that don't have a front plate. Aside from that, I think the V6 is just perfect. A gutsy and sporty looking coupe.

I also agree that the GT's fogs are a little over the top. I wish the GT had the Shelby GT 500's nose. Perhaps a little plastic surgery is in order for the current GT...

Other than that, I love the GT... I must, I ordered one!
[/b][/quote]
One Ford dealers in my town got two rental V6s with 14,000 miles and one GT with 12,000 from auction today , the dealership is changing the grill in GT to the CDC grill
to made a GT300 out of it
Old 4/15/05, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!
Old 4/15/05, 09:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by gashaus34+April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gashaus34 @ April 15, 2005, 10:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@April 15, 2005, 2:53 PM
Are you mental?
My car is perfect, and just like I wanted it (sans it being an auto,but it couldn't be helped). Shes frigging beautiful. AND yes I wanted a 6, I didn't get denied a Gt and settle.
I love her I adore her and I worship her. I wouldn't trade Eleanor for Ten Gts.

Really? You wouldn't trade one six-banger for 10 GTs? That makes a lot of sense. I guess we see what sort of mind it takes to come up with such an original nickname for your car. I guess you wouldn't trade the dollar in your pocket for ten $100 bills, either... :scratch:

Give me a break. This is a stupid topic. Obviously the market for the two cars is completely different. Why spend so much effort on improving the performace of a car that people don't buy because of its performance?

Too bad they don't make a four-cylinder anymore. Maybe some of the people in this thread would prefer it!
[/b][/quote]

No need to be rude, you didn't think your arguement through either. If the market is obviously so different for the 2 cars, then why can't Eleanorsmine have the car she wants? Obviously, the market's different, and she's not in the market for the GT. If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.
Old 4/15/05, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 15, 2005, 8:33 PM
If you think this is such a stupid topic, don't post in it.
Thank you John for this insightful post, that's the smartest thing I've seen in ages on the boards. Maybe if we all thought like this, these threads wouldn't end up taking such nasty turns and we might actually learn something before they become usless flame wars and the eventual lock we all know is coming.
Old 4/15/05, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

or for $2500-$3000 more you can upgrade the v6 with fog lights a 8.8" rear end, tremec 5 speed tranny, stiffer suspention, different front bumper cover design, duel exhaust, oh yeah and a 4.6L V8, oh wait ford already offers that upgrade package i think they call it the GT package or something like that
Old 4/15/05, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rex@April 15, 2005, 9:11 PM
I would have bought a GT if it had looked like the V6...money or insurance was not an issue with me...I bought the car I felt had cleaner lines, was more true to the retro theme and had the overall better looks...the V6....The GT has a bloated look with the painted rocker panels, bumper lips, tacky badging and the oversized unattractive foglights....I'll get the V8 only when I can get one that looks like the current V6...but hey..that may not be that far off because the 2007 Shelby borrows it's looks more from the V6 than the GT....
Interesting points. See, I think the unpainted rocker panels on the V6 makes it look very cheap. And I think the foglights make the GT look a lot more fierce and bold than the plain, uninspiring grill of the V6. Oh well, I guess it's all just a matter of opinon. Anyway, mine's black so moot point, doesn't matter if the rocker panel is painted or not so much.
Old 4/15/05, 10:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

maybe this will help (from my garage)
Old 4/15/05, 11:17 PM

I think the V6 is very attractive just the way it is now. I love my V6 convertible and prefer the less aggressive look. The interior of the V6 and GT are identical except for the seat material and stitching pattern. The V6 is intended to serve a different demographic, and also generates sufficient volume so that Ford can offer both a V6 and GT as well as other speciality models. It also contributes to the federal fuel consumation average that each automobile manufacturer must meet.
Old 4/15/05, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your vert is beautiful Grant. Well said BTW B)

Quick Reply: Making the V6 More Attractive